Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Philadelphia | 10/11/06

Cataclaw

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The PleSamKo WILL score tonight. Just wanted to assure you all of that :).

You know what, I almost forgot. I had a dream last night that Chris Higgins had a crazy good game. I'm sure he'll pop a goal or 2 in or something of that nature.

:D Looks like I was pretty good with these predictions.

Dadenault will never be our most consistent defenceman. He is consistently outmuscled, thats why he is called for so many penalties.

SORRY!!! but on the last penality... it was more like FORSBERG who TRIED to FALL DOWN BADLY and make dandenault looks like that he was holding...

OH WHATEVER!!!!! u can have ur own points of view!

SORRY!!! but on the last penality... it was more like FORSBERG who TRIED to FALL DOWN BADLY and make dandenault looks like that he was holding...

OH WHATEVER!!!!! u can have ur own points of view!

I actually thought it looked like Forsberg was the one holding Dandenault's stick. I'm sure that's what he was complaining again.

But it doesn't matter now, the Cardiac Kids pulled another one out! :)

Overall not a bad game. Higgins, Ryder, Koivu line looked very good again. Nice to see the Kovalev, Samsonov, Plekanec line chip in with one.

Too bad Dandenault has hands of stone. THat would have been a nice insurance marker on that pass across the crease to him. Shoots it right into Nittymaka's pads....doh.

Oh well. Nice game by Aebischer. So who starts against Ottawa on Saturday?

I'd have to say give Aebischer one last game, then switch to Huet for a bit and see if he can match Abby's performance. If he does, keep alternating for a while.

So give Abby saturday, and regardless of his performance, give the one after to Huet.

so...does Aebi get another start?

I dont think so, he played great but, i think they dont want to get Huet cold and Huet plays well against the sens IMO

Dadenault will never be our most consistent defenceman. He is consistently outmuscled, thats why he is called for so many penalties.

I repeat, so far in 3 games, he has been our most consistant D. I'm not saying he's Bobby Orr, just that he's been our most reliable D this season.

And "Consistently outmuscled" is a poor exageration. What he lacks in mucle he makes up for it in mobility and good decisions. Just like Rivet and Souray make up for their lack of mobility and decisions with muscles.

And "getting called for so many penalties" is another exageration, supplied with a bad explanation. He has 1 more penalty than Rivet, 3 total this season. When its a big guy, its "he can't skate that's why he gets so many penalties".

Dandy's been fine so far this season. If you've got 1 right-side D to send on the ice late in the game between Dandy, Rivet and Komi, you probably need to send Dandy because Rivet blows and Komi's still green. And you send PAIRS, so between Markov-Komi, Souray-Rivet and Niinimaa-Dandy, its the later that has been the best pair so far in 3 games.

I repeat, so far in 3 games, he has been our most consistant D. I'm not saying he's Bobby Orr, just that he's been our most reliable D this season.

And "Consistently outmuscled" is a poor exageration. What he lacks in mucle he makes up for it in mobility and good decisions. Just like Rivet and Souray make up for their lack of mobility and decisions with muscles.

And "getting called for so many penalties" is another exageration, supplied with a bad explanation. He has 1 more penalty than Rivet, 3 total this season. When its a big guy, its "he can't skate that's why he gets so many penalties".

Dandy's been fine so far this season. If you've got 1 right-side D to send on the ice late in the game between Dandy, Rivet and Komi, you probably need to send Dandy because Rivet blows and Komi's still green. And you send PAIRS, so between Markov-Komi, Souray-Rivet and Niinimaa-Dandy, its the later that has been the best pair so far in 3 games.

Surely you can't be serious about sending out Dadenault in a game on the line over Rivet! Rivet is far smarter defenceman, I have seen little evidence of smart decisions in the past rather the reverse. He is at best a 12-18 minute defenceman. Suspect on the boards and underachieves offensively considering his skating ability.

Nice game. Latendresse looked good to me. Skated hard, was playing the body and winning battles in the corner.

Yeah, he looked particulary good on that one sequence with Johnson that lead to Niitymaki big pad save.

Also Latendresse looked better because in the 2 previous games he was the cover guy (staying back away from the puck) and tonight its Begin that played that role. I'm still no Downey/Murray fan, but the 4th line looked better tonight. Still wish Begin-Latendresse had a linemate with a little more offensive talent so they can be more dangerous offensively, but as long as they are strong on the forecheck and hit, they'll be alright.

I must agree with KoZed. Dandenault has been very consistent. At the moment, Komi and Dandenault are the two defensemen i feel safest seeing on the ice, in terms of consistency.

Also he has pretty good vision and has been reading plays well. (Look at his excellent scoring chance for a prime example)

Niinimaa was pretty fun to watch tonight too. I think he's getting the feel for the Habs now. He didn't look as awkward tonight as his did the last two games.

Surely you can't be serious about sending out Dadenault in a game on the line over Rivet! Rivet is far smarter defenceman, I have seen little evidence of smart decisions in the past rather the reverse. He is at best a 12-18 minute defenceman. Suspect on the boards and underachieves offensively considering his skating ability.

ROFLMAO...

Ok, you had me crack up at Rivet being smarter. The play book on Rivet is easy: press him a little and wait for gifts because he can't think fast enough to save himself. He'll just get rid of the puck and hope it magically end up on a teammates' stick.

Besides, you still missed the entire point of this, so I'll repeat for a 3rd and last time: in 3 GAMES SO FAR THIS SEASON Dandeneault is far more reliable and safe than Rivet.

I must agree with KoZed. Dandenault has been very consistent. At the moment, Komi and Dandenault are the two defensemen i feel safest seeing on the ice, in terms of consistency.

Yup... too bad they're on the same side and can't be paired. But once Markov gets up to speed and Komi earns Carbo's trust, that pair will see increased reponsabilities.

Niinimaa was pretty fun to watch tonight too. I think he's getting the feel for the Habs now. He didn't look as awkward tonight as his did the last two games.

Yup... you could see it slowly come about in the game vs Toronto. Niinimaa started to know more instinctively where Dandy and the forwards where on the ice. That pair has a pretty nice upside for being very mobile and able to jump start the rush quickly.

Latendresse is proving that preseason games are very different from the real thing. He's been pretty much invisible so far. I'm sure he'll get better but it's interesting to see the contrast between preseason and regular season. Guess they were right to keep him out of the line-up last season. I was glad they did at the time and now I'm sure it was better for him to wait till this year. Hell he still might not be ready though I think he should at least go to Hamilton and not juniors if they feel he needs more time.

I think he should at least go to Hamilton and not juniors if they feel he needs more time.

Need to be 20 by Sept to be allowed to play in the AHL. That's why it was juniors or NHL. He'll stay in the NHL all season long, gradually getting used to the speed.

Oh yeah i almost forgot, Tie Domi called Ryder a bad skater on TSN, Tie Domi= Worst skater of all time/ Tub of lard

Edited by Shu