I Know We All Know He Is A Legend But I Didnt Realise He Is This Good

Killer Carlson

In 572 canadiens games koivu has 463 points. that is some going by anyone's standards. hopefully he will hit the 500 mark this season. :hlogo: what a legend he bleeds the red and blue of the habs and i really hope he finishes his career with us.

572 quality games too, as I never see him take a night off. Easily one of the favorite Habs fo me all time.

Now we have Higgins and Begin that give the same effort.

higgins although obviously he has played less games has a similar scoring ratio so the future look bright. :king:

Isn't there a rule somewhere that says after 600 games, players get to sleep in their own rooms instead of sharing on the road? Koivu's pretty close...

Knowing Saku, he prolly wouldn't take his own room anyways...would take away from chemistry :D

Yeah, you're right about the CBA clause for the 600 game rule; it's in section 16.9.

I read one interesting article last season that quoted a couple of veterans about this topic. One stated that they loved the 600 game rule, because they often got stuck with a roommate that snored and kept them up a lot. Another said they relied on their roomie to make sure they both got to their team meals, meetings and other scheduled events on time, thus avoiding any team suspensions for tardiness.

If the players get to pick their roomies, then I'd guess Koivu and Rivet would be together.

Isn't there a rule somewhere that says after 600 games, players get to sleep in their own rooms instead of sharing on the road? Koivu's pretty close...
Edited by habscout

Saku is the kind of player who makes you realize that you don't have to score points like Wayne Gretzky to be very good. Personally I think there's too much focus on just scoring points. My favorite habs of all time Mats Näslund may not have ended his career with a 1,00 point-per-game average, but that doesn't mean I like him any less. He accomplished a lot. Being a small guy in a big man's league, being one of the first generation of successful Swedish players in the NHL.

Igor Larionov has also always been a favorite of mine. He may not have scored Gretzky- o Lemieux-type numbers, but if you look at his career and what he has accomplished, everything that he has been through, now I don't know how you cannot have the utmost respect for a guy like that.

Knowing Saku, he prolly wouldn't take his own room anyways...would take away from chemistry :D

he would miss craig's snoring :lol:

Plus he's a cancer survivor, he's already a pillar in my book.

that guy deserves a trophy for the neverquit award.

Yeah the guy is awesome and he's a good guy to boot. But just think of all those years he was injured and sick. Just how good he could have been. He's like Mario Lemiuex. Awesome Awesome player but damn did they have some horrible luck.

you can't compare them talent wise though.

you can't compare them talent wise though.

lemiux is a legend so is gretzky all though gretzky is no1 and always willbe people still remember the likes of bobby orr, rocket richard, lemiux,gordie howe, bobby hull etc etc. we shouldnt compare them but appreciate them all for their talent and the differnet things each of them had to make them great. it would be a crying shame if in 20 years people were saying 'remeber saku koivu' 'yeah i do but he wasnt as good as lemiux or gretzky' what you should say is 'what a great player he had this quality that quality so on and so on'.

Yeah, you're right about the CBA clause for the 600 game rule; it's in section 16.9.

I read one interesting article last season that quoted a couple of veterans about this topic. One stated that they loved the 600 game rule, because they often got stuck with a roommate that snored and kept them up a lot. Another said they relied on their roomie to make sure they both got to their team meals, meetings and other scheduled events on time, thus avoiding any team suspensions for tardiness.

If the players get to pick their roomies, then I'd guess Koivu and Rivet would be together.

I read that article too.

Do they get to pick roomies at 600? or do they just get to room by themselves if they choose to?

I read that article too.

Do they get to pick roomies at 600? or do they just get to room by themselves if they choose to?

do you not what fanny means over here in england lol? yeah they get to have their own room after 600.

do you not what fanny means over here in england lol? yeah they get to have their own room after 600.

Nope. I have no idea what it means in England... I'm in Canada :D

I know they get their own rooms, but if they decided to still share a room, would they get to PICK their roommates? That's my main question.

I know they get their own rooms, but if they decided to still share a room, would they get to PICK their roommates? That's my main question.

I would guess a lot of players choose thier roomies anyway!

its another word for vagina.

When Koivu slumps in the middle of the season like he always does. Which is fine by me. That's just the way it goes. I've always been a strong Koivu supporter through thick and thin. I can't wait to see all you bandwagoners jump on the trade Koivu he's washed up BUS.

I will be pointing you all back to this thread...........

When Koivu slumps in the middle of the season like he always does. Which is fine by me. That's just the way it goes. I've always been a strong Koivu supporter through thick and thin. I can't wait to see all you bandwagoners jump on the trade Koivu he's washed up BUS.

I will be pointing you all back to this thread...........

HuH?

Do we Bow when we address your greatness???

HuH?

Do we Bow when we address your greatness???

No! Just don't start a trade Koivu thread when things slow down. Your comment is a little out of line.

I'm not claiming to be something "Great". I'm expressing how annoying it was last year when threads dogging Koivu were started. When he tried to carry the team himself during Kovalev's knee operation, After his amazing Olympic performance, people here questioned if his heart was in Montreal. Many more were started. With evil posts that left me scratching my head.

I just think it's funny that a lot of the same guys in those threads are here in this one praising him, and I assure you they will be dogging him the minute he gets a little flat.

So InsaneAVSfan BOW in your own greatness to not be involved in those threads when they start.

Which they will.

Edited by HABBER-oooooKNOWS