Bulis

I loved Zednik, though it was definitely time for him to go, but I never believed he wasn't working as hard as his one-move toolbox let him. And I do remember the days after the Linden trade...I still think that was a terrific trade by Andre Savard to bring in Zednik and Bulis. Considering the level of talent on the Habs at the time, it was a huge upgrade.

And I don't blame Bulis for dissing Gainey after he left - he made it clear he was upset with him long before leaving - I'm pretty sure he's said some pretty nice things about the city even since leaving, that he liked it here, so dissing Gainey and dissing the city aren't the same thing. Not that he was right in dissing Gainey, just that his dislike wasn't a cheap wait-till-you're-gone slag.

Despite that defense, I'm happy to see him go. When you get to Bulis' age and are still at his stage, you're more expensive than you're worth and you're taking the spot of a cheap kid who could do your job.