Euroo 2008

habs_in_the_blood

lol what other team have we forgoten but is in there...i mean i never tought of israel...i didnt even think isreal was part of europe.....

It's because of political reasons. Israel competes against other European countries in other sports and competitions too, like the Eurovision Song Contest. Also, their domestic soccer clubs play in the UEFA Champions League.

lol a clasic...but Zidane is too stupid man...in the middle of the final he gets pissed off of an elementary comment how uneducated! loll reporters were saying how he was uneducated after that...and not pro- italian commentators

That does not however change the fact that Materazzi is a punk. Football would be better off without goons like him.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to say, I always cheer for Holland with Dutchie and jetsniper. But if Israel makes it, then they'd be my #1 team. Not because of the racial diversity, but because I have roots and family there.

• 1 year later...
If any thread deserves a bump, it's this one. A year and a half old, haha.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

I just hope they destroy those italians !!

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!

i'm an England (Gerrard) fan, so i'm very dissapointed. I think i'll root for Netherland ;)

Awesome, theres always room on the bandwagon!

I was reading the 06 World Cup thread earlier and it started with a poll about who you were cheering for and Holland was leading with 6 votes.

That means I'm declaring Holland as the official team of HW!

Israel didn't make it either so that means we've BTH as a fan as well. 4 Holland supporters already!

VanNist350_LG.jpg

GO

player-image-109444.jpg

HOLLAND

14van.jpg

I wish colour still worked for me.

with Babel injured...

will Kuyt play ???

Well Boula was brought in to replace him for the squad.

From what I've read, Huntelaar is ahead of Kuyt on the depth chart. Van Persie is going to start Monday's game on the bench so right now I think it looks like Robben - Nistelrooy - Huntelaar and then I'd assume RVP would come in later in the match to replace Huntelaar. Kuyt would probably be next up to go in for Ruud. Only what I've read on forums though, you might want to wait for Dutchie for official word, I'm not sure how accurate I am right now.

And Van der Sar is going to beat the shit out of anyone who comes near him, look at this badass mofo

sar-460x612.jpg

Im honoured, haha. No just kidding. Well i think they will play like they played the last couple of matches(for the most part) Kuyt will be more of a winger/right midfielder. And Huntelaar just the stand in for RvN, The striker. And then we got Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink as the late stormram.

We probably play 4-2-3-1

-----------RVN

Robben- Sneijder - vd Vaart

Engelaar- de Zeeuw

vBronckhorst-Matthijsen-Heitinga-Ooijer

----------vd Sar

But i heared some rumours in camp that some midfielders dissapointed and some made a great effort so things could change. I routing for Engelaar in our team, he plays for my soccer team and is the revelation of the last 2 seasons.

But it could also be that Nigel the Jong will be in as a controlling midfielder. And it could be that Ooijer will be central and Melchiot on the right. The 4 attacking players are set!

Awesome, theres always room on the bandwagon!

I was reading the 06 World Cup thread earlier and it started with a poll about who you were cheering for and Holland was leading with 6 votes.

That means I'm declaring Holland as the official team of HW!

Israel didn't make it either so that means we've BTH as a fan as well. 4 Holland supporters already!

Had Ireland make it, I would've cheered for them. I guess I'll cheer for France !!

I think it was rather obvious who I'm going with for the tournament. RVN has been my favourite player for some time now to boot so it's always been an easy decision. Huntelaar's awesome and when you stick VDS in goal.....

I guess the Poles want to be invaded again, this is uncalled for:

poland_germany_31765a.jpg

The picture managed to top even the worst excesses of British soccer-related Hun bashing: the sports section of the Warsaw daily tabloid Super Express depicted Poland's national football coach, Leo Beenhakker, with a warlike scowl. In each hand was a recently severed head, both dripping blood on to the foot of the page.

The heads belonged to Michael Ballack, Germany's team captain and Joachim Löw, the side's trainer. In the middle of the photomontage a giant headline etched out in the Polish national colours of red and white urged Beenhakker, who happens to be Dutch, to " Give us their heads!"

The gory image, published in Poland on Wednesday, was merely the latest round in a protracted tabloid war that has been raging in Polish and German mass-circulation papers for more than a week. The mud-slinging reaches a climax tomorrow when Poland meets Germany in the Euro 2008 football championships in the Austrian city of Klagenfurt.

The German media has been tormenting the Poles with football jibes. It has featured items such as a joke anti-Polish video clip which shows German fans stepping out of a bus to relieve themselves during a long trip on the autobahn, only to find that their vehicle has been stolen by Polish thieves while they were having a pee.

But the war really started in earnest when Poland's biggest-selling daily newspaper, Fakt, retaliated on Tuesday with a picture of Ballack wearing a Prussian spiked helmet, waiting to be decapitated by Beenhakker wielding a massive battle sword. This time the paper implored the Dutch trainer to "Repeat Grunwald", which was a reference to the 15th-century battle of the same name in which a combined force of Poles and Lithuanians inflicted an ignominious defeat on the German order of Teutonic knights. The victory is almost the Polish equivalent of the Battle of Trafalgar.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/eu...-it-842094.html

Edited by Pierre the Great

I guess the Poles want to be invaded again, this is uncalled for:

poland_germany_31765a.jpg

The picture managed to top even the worst excesses of British soccer-related Hun bashing: the sports section of the Warsaw daily tabloid Super Express depicted Poland's national football coach, Leo Beenhakker, with a warlike scowl. In each hand was a recently severed head, both dripping blood on to the foot of the page.

The heads belonged to Michael Ballack, Germany's team captain and Joachim Löw, the side's trainer. In the middle of the photomontage a giant headline etched out in the Polish national colours of red and white urged Beenhakker, who happens to be Dutch, to " Give us their heads!"

The gory image, published in Poland on Wednesday, was merely the latest round in a protracted tabloid war that has been raging in Polish and German mass-circulation papers for more than a week. The mud-slinging reaches a climax tomorrow when Poland meets Germany in the Euro 2008 football championships in the Austrian city of Klagenfurt.

The German media has been tormenting the Poles with football jibes. It has featured items such as a joke anti-Polish video clip which shows German fans stepping out of a bus to relieve themselves during a long trip on the autobahn, only to find that their vehicle has been stolen by Polish thieves while they were having a pee.

But the war really started in earnest when Poland's biggest-selling daily newspaper, Fakt, retaliated on Tuesday with a picture of Ballack wearing a Prussian spiked helmet, waiting to be decapitated by Beenhakker wielding a massive battle sword. This time the paper implored the Dutch trainer to "Repeat Grunwald", which was a reference to the 15th-century battle of the same name in which a combined force of Poles and Lithuanians inflicted an ignominious defeat on the German order of Teutonic knights. The victory is almost the Polish equivalent of the Battle of Trafalgar.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/eu...-it-842094.html

So Pierre of you.

I only just realized those were severed heads, I thought he was giving Ballack a timeout or something. You know, like when a parent grabs a kids ear when they're being a stupid shit and drags them to their room or something.

It made me laugh.

I want to apologize to my good friend Dutchie and jets as well.

I need a hat so I figure i'd buy one of the euro teams...name holland. unfortunately none of the hat would fit me well except for the Italian team :unsure:

Total domination by Germany.

He did call out the Polish media Dutch? That's good.

Austria got robbed on that PK call.

Big day tomorrow.

That was a penalty, no matter what..he just lays him over his knee. Very stupid, the striker had no place to go. But it was a penalty...i dont like that Referee(he's dutch), but he was correct..

i just ignore you now Dennis ;)

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan