2006/07 Season Standings Prediction

Doktor Kosmos

In the latest issue of the montlhy European NHL magazine Pro Hockey, they predicted the standings at the end of the 2006/07 regular season:

Eastern Conference

1. Carolina

2. Ottawa

3. New Jersey

4. Buffalo

5. Philadelphia

6. Montreal

7. NY Rangers

8. Tampa Bay

-----

9. Atlanta

10. Boston

11. Florida

12. Washington

13. Pittsburgh

14. Toronto

15. NY Islanders

Western Conference

1. Anaheim

2. Detroit

3. Calgary

4. Nashville

5. San Jose

6. Dallas

7. Colorado

8. Vancouver

-----

9. Minnesota

10. Edmonton

11. Phoenix

12. Los Angeles

13. Columbus

14. Chicago

15. St. Louis

I can't stand these predictions. They just take last year's standings and add or subtract a spot and call them foresight when it's actually hindsight. Everything's so safe. I think it's very possible that 5 out of their 6 projected division winners are wrong. Calgary is the only one that I consider a "lock" but who knows, most of the teams in that division are wildcards.

I can't stand these predictions. They just take last year's standings and add or subtract a spot and call them foresight when it's actually hindsight. Everything's so safe.

My thoughts exactly!

Not very good predictions the Hurricanes lost a lot of key players, I will be shocked if they win the Divison with Flordia scoing tons of goals and the Thrashers having solid goaltending!

at least they put toronto out of the playoffs... that's a good beginning haha

as for me, i dunt really check the standing predictions from here or there...

it's kinda pointless... meaningless

Edited by bebehabs

I only make predictions at the half way point so I know which teams are going places and which are not.

But then they aren't really predictions. I mean, you get more glory out of getting it right, right from the start of the season.

It saddens me that people get paid to write this stuff and i'm forced to work my ass of for minimum wage.

Be happy that you haven't read their articles. 'Cause if you had, you'd be devastated. :rolleyes:

I started subscribing the fall after Montreal won the Cup in 1993. The last couple of years I hesitate longer and longer before renewing my subscription. Especially with the Internet I feel the need is not as great as it once was. If I want crappy hockey articles, I can get them without having to shell out big bucks for it.