Game Thread | Ottawa Vs. Montreal | 10/14/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting...

no heatley, no spezza, no alfredson

Makes sense. They stunk up the place all night long. I think especially Spezza was downright horrendous.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: to Komisarek

I was really impressed by his play tonight. Strong defensively and even some good plays in the offensive zone. Great shift on that one SH situation where he joined the rush and made sure to come back and nail a Sens guy.

Disapointing to lose. No easy win. Sens didn't have a good game. It was pretty awful and yet, we find a way to let them leave with 2 points.. really disapointing.

boooooooo huet aint impressing...thats all i got to say....call me a basher or whatever...feu de paille....sa brule vite!

ummm... i would say the same thing... but... i think he was solid during the 3rd period and durong O.T.

we saw a lot of big performances from huet last year and we sure are a lil bit disappointed from what we saw during the pre-season games until now... but i still believe that he GOTTA get used to his NEW PADS and he'll be back as strong as he was last year...

Woah..ease up there. If you're going to criticize a goalie, it shouldn't be for the results of shootouts. He only allowed two goals in regulation...he did his job.

agreed, sbhatt,

he may struggle in shoot-outs so far but we wouldn't have gotten to the shoot-outs if he hadn't stopped 23 of the other 25. some of them were very good saves... the 1st goal may have been a bit weak but on the second, he wasn't to blame.

Edited by shortcat1

They looked better offensively from what I saw channel-flicking tonight. They forechecked very aggressively.

Well even if they had one game that was better than usual vs Toronto, I still think they are a lesser threat offensively speaking than all our remaining opponents in October :)

And even if rivet and Dandenault cant make it to the next game, I cant believe we'll have to rely on Traverse as number 6... clearly Janveski deserve a shot before him.... or does he?? :unsure:

Well Calgary sucks offensively and they're our next opponent so I vote for letting Rivet and Dandenault rest until the Chicago game

And.. 3 shoouts in 4 games.. I think I got my dose of these for a while.

gotta agree to that... it certainly makes for an interesting situation but it's also nerveracking

What about Janveski? Isnt he better than Traverse?

Latendresse and Niini are improving every game.

Chris Neil pisses me off. always head hunting Kovalev and slashing him etc. So many calls tonight were missed especially the one where neil hit kovy over, then jabbed him with his stick as Kovy was on the ice.

I'll definitly take the point, thank god to Sammy for that crunch-time goal!

I'd like to see Abby start next game...what do you guys think?

What about Janveski? Isnt he better than Traverse?

if the coaching staff had confidence in jancevski, on serait pos allé pogner traverse au ballotage ;)

i just wish that at least rivet or dandy will be back in the line up for next game and we could bring streit back in the line up...

I'd like to see Abby start next game...what do you guys think?

ummm... dunno... i think we should bring huet back for the next game... the main reason is to give him support and also to put a WIN at his stats sheet

very nice goal by Samsonov, right through the five-hole, I thought he was gonna pass, then i was relieved, Huet played an okay game, I think they might go to abby

Edited by Shu

very nice goal by Samsonov, right through the five-hole, I thought he was gonna pass, then i was relieved, Huet played an okay game, I think they might go to abby

in a recent interview, samsonov said that they (he & kovalev) were going to have to shoot more often...

tonight's game indicates that this is what they're trying to do...

samsonov did get a good one-off earlier.

anybody appreciated downey's fight at the end of the FIRST period? :D

i loved it hehe

edit : sorry! i typed *2nd* period hehe just corrected it :P

Edited by bebehabs

anybody appreciated downey's fight at the end of the 2nd period? :D

i loved it hehe

good job trying to get the team going, but wasnt really a fight, more of Neil and Downey dancing around on the ice holding onto eachother.... Also Downey was punching Neil with his elbow pads!!! :D his elbow pads had slid down to his hands..very funny

i loved it hehe

again, i wish, in a way, that there wasn't any fighting in the game but, in this instance, I believe he did well in protecting the team's image.

he may have been the cause of the altercation but he handled what's his name quite well.

i loved it hehe

Yeah that was very intense. I appreciated than the ref letted them fight it out right they're instead of letting it build into something more ugly

on serait pos allé pogner traverse au ballotage

Bon point <_<

Sadly it is Traverse. Rivet, Dandenault, Bouillion and Cote all injured. You can never have enough depth.

better traverse than nothing or someone who's absolutely NOT ready for it

Sory everyone, i must be the only one who thought the habs were pretty much outplayed. I thought they did nothing offensively. They probably had there best offense while shorthanded.

Rivet and Souray continue to be awfull in there own end. Lost 1 on 1 battles on both goals tonight.

The other Dmen were very good, didn't create much offensively though.

Kovalev was very disappointing again. I would send him to the fourth line and move Lats up for a game. Send Kovalev a message.

This team is starting to look like they have the past 4 or 5 years. No offense, can't win battles. If someobne could tell me what kind of offensive system is suppose to be run i would appreciate it. It looks like everyone is 1 on 1 with no passing or forechecking. The other team gets it right out of the zone.

The good news is they still picked up points.

Lets hope Dandy will be back for tuesday.

PS, when can we start the Samsonov sucks threads?

Still hating on Sammy? :king:

Sadly it is Traverse. Rivet, Dandenault, Bouillion and Cote all injured. You can never have enough depth.

I can now fully understand Buffalo's pain in the playoffs... :puke:

Kovalev was very disappointing again. I would send him to the fourth line and move Lats up for a game. Send Kovalev a message.

Kovalev does need to step it up a notch, but I put half the blame for his lack of production on having new linemates who don't know how to play with him effectively yet.

Latendresse being promoted would not be a good thing IMO...this guy still doesn't have the discipline to get off the ice with his linemates; he's taking minute-long junior style shifts a couple of times every game so far.

We have until Tuesday to find out about Rivet and Dandenault. Streit is ready to go. Traverse might not even be a factor. But, if these injuries are bad, and I suspect they are then Traverse will probably play. :(

PS. What in the heck is Theodore doing?

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

At least we got a point.

Really disappointed with Habs fans at the game if they did boo Souray. Don't know what these idiots are trying to do. Who ever heard of negative reinforcement being a good motivational tool. Tools, the bunch of them. I hope they take Gainey' advice and stop showing up at the game.

We have until Tuesday to find out about Rivet and Dandenault. Streit is ready to go. Traverse might not even be a factor. But, if these injuries are bad, and I suspect they are then Traverse will probably play. :(

PS. What in the heck is Theodore doing?

what his he doing?