Game Thread | Ottawa Vs. Montreal | 10/14/06

Spider-Man NL

The only thing I have to say after a game like today is...

thank God this is just the early part of the new season. We are not yet past the 10 game mark and we do have a winning record... so lets cut our habs and the individuals some slack. Sure in game and during the game I'm highly critical of our team and each player as they either make mistakes or seem to take a shift off and show signs of being slackers. Now, I do also admit that a few of our fellow habs have come out this season to represent. So having said all that let me just say this...

I am very content with the team and am PROUD to say that I AM A CANADIENS FAN!!!

GO HABS GO!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I have to say after a game like today is...

thank God this is just the early part of the new season. We are not yet past the 10 game mark and we do have a winning record... so lets cut our habs and the individuals some slack. Sure in game and during the game I'm highly critical of our team and each player as they either make mistakes or seem to take a shift off and show signs of being slackers. Now, I do also admit that a few of our fellow habs have come out this season to represent. So having said all that let me just say this...

I am very content with the team and am PROUD to say that I AM A CANADIENS FAN!!!

GO HABS GO!

I AM A CANADIENS FAN TOO....JUST PISSES ME OFF THEY WONT WIN ALL 82 MATCHES... lol

i get upset during the match and about 30 hour after...if they lose saturday well my week end is doomed...after the game i dont feel like going out tough! lol

but will get the freacking flames on tuesday

Well I was at the game and the video they showed was amazing.

If you like the show 24 you would have loved it. It started with the number's cycling thne going too "24" Then it said "the following events take place between 9AM and 7PM on Saturday October 14th" and shows all the Habs getting in thier cars walking ot the Bell Cantre and getting ready for the game. Then it went back to the cycling of the number but 24 was not the number that came up it was ......................

Anybody else tiring of the shootout yet? I hate it.

Having said that, looks like Carbonneau better start devoting more time to practicing shootouts so the guys can actually score on a breakaway and pick up that extra point. As well Huet looks like he could probably use a little work stopping the puck in the shootout.

I'll say it again. What a sh*tty way to lose, (or win).

about kovy : i think that he still has an injury or at least, still not comfortable with it... i know that if he's really hurt and should not play, he should take a day off and skip the game...

but since it was the opening game at the bell center... it's normal that u wanna play and be part of the line up... and u guys remember what he said after the game against philadelphia? he said that he didnt want to let down his team mates, that's why he decided to play the whole game...

i know it's maybe *unbelievable* but... could kovy just have changed himself and focus on *team spirit*? maybe carbo and muller influenced him and make him understand that there's no more place for laziness and that he has to change his attitude and at least, think about the team b4 himself?

we dunno yet... we just can keep on watching games and hope that everything will turn out to be good and positive

This year might prove the case for traditionalists everywhere that the shootout is actually a waste of time.

I reckon the NHL needs to use these more as cards for coaches to play.

i.e., the team has 3 shoot-outs that they can use during the year.

So ties are back (with overtime of course), and then if it's tied after OT, a coach can choose either to stick with the tie, or go for the win to get an extra point (to help in the standings).

This year might prove the case for traditionalists everywhere that the shootout is actually a waste of time.

I reckon the NHL needs to use these more as cards for coaches to play.

i.e., the team has 3 shoot-outs that they can use during the year.

So ties are back (with overtime of course), and then if it's tied after OT, a coach can choose either to stick with the tie, or go for the win to get an extra point (to help in the standings).

a lil non-sense here coz suppose for the first 3 games, habs tied after 3 games and decided to go with S.O. in every game... so what if at the 4th game, there's also a tied after the O.T. and the the opponent, which still has his S.O. possibility in hand wanna go to S.O.? habs DOESN'T have any S.O. left...

also, WHO is going to decide that we r going to S.O. or not?? like one team wanna stay with the tied... and the other one wanna get to S.O. what's gonna be the solution?

50% approve the S.O. and 50% disapprove it... as for me, it's a good way to FINALLY determine a real winner... which is *normal*

i'm just HAPPY to see that in PLAYOFFS, there is NO S.O.!!! :D

Kozed, yes i am tired of the shootouts. Not just that it's all the 3 point games happening in the NHL currently. A simple fix would be a regulation win is 3 points, a tie 1 point (no OT or shootout) and no points for a loss.

Someone pointed out that Kovalev may be getting use to his linemates or injured and that's fine so having him sit out a game or moving him down may cause him to wake up. Also i said it once before but Kovalev and Samsonov are the same kind of player they carry the puck, i don't like them on the same line.

Bacchus, just for the record, negative reinforcement doesn't have anything to do with booing Souray, your using the term wrong, that is simply a consequence for Sourays action. The Booing is "punishing" Souray's terrible play on the ice. If Souray doesn't like the Booing and increses his play, then that's a consquence.

Negative Reinforcement is removing a reinforcer (cheering) to increase Souray's poor play.

Just thought i'd let you know, I'm a Behavior Analist and work on a behavioral and psychiatric unit. I do this stuff all day.

I really don't think much of Rivet's play the last year or 2 but if him and Dandy are both out the habs have major problems

Let's hope the offense will wake up and they will play hard on Tuesday against the flames.

If you like the show 24 you would have loved it. It started with the number's cycling thne going too "24" Then it said "the following events take place between 9AM and 7PM on Saturday October 14th" and shows all the Habs getting in thier cars walking ot the Bell Cantre and getting ready for the game. Then it went back to the cycling of the number but 24 was not the number that came up it was ......................

Meeh, I want to see it too ... you know where I could find this video?

Haha, I wonder if this was a league wide thing. I was at the Jackets home opener and they did essentially the same exact thing, a 24 themed video before they started announcing the players.

Anybody else tiring of the shootout yet? I hate it.

Having said that, looks like Carbonneau better start devoting more time to practicing shootouts so the guys can actually score on a breakaway and pick up that extra point. As well Huet looks like he could probably use a little work stopping the puck in the shootout.

I'll say it again. What a sh*tty way to lose, (or win).

I hate the shootout too. I also think it lacks drama... it's not nearly as exciting as I thought it would be. For every highlight reel goal, there are 10 instances of someone skating up halfheartedly and burrying a shot into the goalie's pads.

I'm curious as to why Samsonov hasn't gotten a shootout chance yet? He's has good hands, I'd think he'd be able to successfully deke some goalies.

Yeah Samsonov would be good I think.

Huet needs some practice in shootouts it looks like - he doesn't look comfortable at all with them and he tends to look smaller in net.

Part of goaltending is looking as big as you can to the shooter, perhaps its just me but he tends to shrink into the net..

Ok.. a few comments at this point of the season; its good to spread the shootout chances among the team to give everyone experience. I certainly would like to see sammy give it a good effort soon.

In the back of my mind I'm hoping that Carbo and Muller are learning to leverage this teams massive talent. Furthermore, this team has shown moments of tremendous offensive striking abilities; With a fantastic ability to keep things in order when short handed. They are certainly tighening up on D every game and I for one am very happy with our overrall record and effort thus far... yes even with the brain farts that have occurred thus far...

having said all that.. I would argue that tonights game is one of those games that we need to show up and play like this was a stanley cup final. we have to save face for Gainey, who pulled the trigger on the theo trade and yes. this is also a battle of the old Nords vs. Habs rivalry.. which Carbo and Muller have loads of experience with over the years. So don't short sell this... it is a big game and I for one will be glued to the screen watching every shift and every shot; and will be looking for an absolutely solid game from our famed Canadiens.

Prediction. 4-2 habs; and theo will have many shinning moments but it will not be enough to stop the well rested habs; playing in front of their home crowd.

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips