Shoot-outs

Peter Puck

Which works better?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better on a shoot-out or penalty shot

• Wrist shot
    • Deke
    • Slap shot
    • Wait for the goalie to make the first move then decide.
    • Hope your shooting against Raycroft and do whatever you like.

Okay I've seen quite a few shoot outs this year and I've noticed that the keepers never seem to stop wrist shots. If the shooter takes a wrist shot and hits the net it's a goal.

On the other hand the goalies seem to stop about 75% of the players who try to deke.

I haven't seen anybody try a slap shot yet. Maybe we'll get to see Souray try that.

Whatever you do, dont change your mind midway­. Its a matter of knowing the goalie's weaknesses. For most its the upper half of the net, which is why wrists shots seems to work well. But you've got to be able to pick the corners from in close when angles are opening.

I haven't seen anybody try a slap shot yet. Maybe we'll get to see Souray try that.

umm.. the question is... are we going to see SHELDON's name on the S.O. list? :P maybe... if the S.O. last very long...

You score.

TOTALLY AGREE!!! :king: :king: :king:

I would take a shot, me as a goalie, when ever i do shootouts in practice, im always expecting the deke, but the you will catch me off guard if you took a nasty snap shot

I would take a shot, me as a goalie, when ever i do shootouts in practice, im always expecting the deke, but the you will catch me off guard if you took a nasty snap shot

Same here, if you take a low snap shot blocker side, I'm beat. I accidentily let it slip to one of my friends years ago and for some reason, he's never forgot. :P

If I'm the shooter, I usually deke. Huge fake on the forehand and switch to the backhand to flip it over the flailing goalie.

Here's my question. In soccer when they can't score on a shootout eventually goalies take a shot. So, in hockey lets say a shootout happens and the entire team takes a shot and its still tied, do the goalies then take a shot? just a thought?

in soccer the goalie can shoot whenever.

Here's my question. In soccer when they can't score on a shootout eventually goalies take a shot. So, in hockey lets say a shootout happens and the entire team takes a shot and its still tied, do the goalies then take a shot? just a thought?

I think it would just go back to the top of the lineup. It would be pretty ridiculous to see a goalie come in on a breakaway! :lol:

nah~ the coaching staff get on the ice and shoot :rolleyes::rolleyes:

HAHAHAHA :P

well, i think that if the entire team already take a shot and it's still tied... we can get back to the list for a *second* round...

but... will it really happen one day? :huh:

With the increased curve on the stick this season, does that negatively impact and accuracy of the backhand? And if so, would some guys keep some old sticks around and use them for the shootout?