Movies

habs_in_the_blood

Lucky Number Slevin's a good movie. Here's a list of some of my faves...

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (the 1st one)

Forrest Gump

Crash

Reservoir Dogs

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Breakfast Club

meh, can't think of anything else right now. oh - the Shawkshank Redemption's a good one too...

The last one I've seen is V for Vendetta. I found it decent.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most recent film I saw was Enemy at the gates. It exceeded my expectations. Then again, I've always like Ed Harris.

I love western movies. When I was in London, England in February I bought a biography on Sergio Leone, written by the always excellent Christopher Frayling. It was a very good read.

But I also like the old classic Hollywood westerns. John Ford, Howard Hawks, Fred Zinnemann, George Stevens, you know...

I also love Terry Gilliam. Being a Tolkien fan, I think Jackson did a good job on the LOTR trilogy.

Also, Futurama is one of my favorites, although it's not exactly a movie. I love The Simpsons, but Futurama is even better in my book.

Does anyone know of any good film adaptions of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night?

No but i have swedish movie that has men with shakespeare type beards in it.

But does it involve cross-dressing and other sexual deviation? :king:

no it involves big busted ladies and guys with ridicolously hairy chests.

That's unfortunate. I prefer boy-ish girls and girl-ish boys. ^_^

boyish girls? why? i thought you were byesexual? if you like men and women why do you not want your women to look like women? and youre men to look like men?

:wacko:

boyish girls? why? i thought you were byesexual? if you like men and women why do you not want your women to look like women? and youre men to look like men?

:wacko:

I'm all about the androgyny. There are exceptions, but in general that's what I like the most.

I'm all about the androgyny. There are exceptions, but in general that's what I like the most.

ok gotcha- to be honest the thought of me and a man has never crossed my mind- although they rekon it does cross you mind at least once in a lifetime- but aint happened yet. id be scared if it did be wondering if i was gay or not.

That new scoresse film the departed looked good.

the new james bond movie is coming out soon

also the simpsons movie.

Last movie I rented was Blade Runner.

THE DEPARTED is the best film i have seen for about 5 years.

no it involves big busted ladies and guys with ridicolously hairy chests.

Is it a "real" movie or is it or is it an adult film? What's the title?

I honestly don't understand why they still keep making Bond movies. Nowadays they are no different than the average Hollywood blockbuster. I haven't seen one that I've liked since before Goldeneye.

hey killer_carlson you must be a fan of the movie Gangster #1

i saw it the other week end was quite good

Is it a "real" movie or is it or is it an adult film? What's the title?

I honestly don't understand why they still keep making Bond movies. Nowadays they are no different than the average Hollywood blockbuster. I haven't seen one that I've liked since before Goldeneye.

lol i was telling my friend the same thing the other day...like where do they get there ideas? wheres the originality after 40 some years lol

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

Are you talking about Bond movies or adult movies? :lol:

lol umm both...no but seriously how can they find new ideas? i mean hasent everything been done yet? (in the bond movies)

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

lol umm both...no but seriously how can they find new ideas? i mean hasent everything been done yet? (in the bond movies)

My thoughts exactly. Also, there is no way they can top films like The Matrix and such as far as special effects goes. So why even bother? Why not let the old dinosaur die, to sleep - to sleep, perchance to dream? Move on to other things.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

One of my favourites that I forgot to mention - Donnie Darko. Great movie.

Donnie Darko was great...###### i was so dazzled and confused at the end of the movie had to rewatch it...even went on the web site and all ...lol...there a movie out on dvd caled "brick" which is similar wid the kid from third rock from the sun...i found it good...but not as great as darko

everyone raves about darko i have only seen it once and i hated it- its pretentious for pretentious sake- gimme a chuck norris or bruce willis movie anyday.

everyone raves about darko i have only seen it once and i hated it- its pretentious for pretentious sake- gimme a chuck norris or bruce willis movie anyday.

bah ....chuck norris... you got to be kidding....di you ever see tony jaa ??? he'd kick the funky moustache of norris anyday...even in norris's prime!

Velvet Goldmine! :king:

Hedwig and the Angry Inch is another good one... ^_^

C.R.A.Z.Y. is better than both... :P

Alright... Top 10 Movies List everyone...

1. Apocalypse Now

2. The Shining

3. The Crow

4. Taxi Driver

5. Easy Rider

6. Fantasia

7. Maelström

8. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

9. Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo (The good the bad and the ugly)

10. Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain