Movies

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who's seeing the new Bond Film?

Can't wait for Friday!

Daniel Craig is going to be an awsome Bond...more grit...tougher...less classy more actionny...think its going to be the first bond movie i go see! heheh did any of you see layer Cake?

Daniel Craig is going to be an awsome Bond...more grit...tougher...less classy more actionny...think its going to be the first bond movie i go see! heheh did any of you see layer Cake?

layer cake was great. just loved the ending!!

Is anyone else here looking forward to Goya's Ghosts? I absolutely can't wait for it to be released in North America!

The trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQP4xhTRMA4

do we finally get to see portman naked? :P star wars geek <------ right here

do we finally get to see portman naked? :P star wars geek <------ right here

From what I have read so far, yes, we do. However, apparently she's being tortured and is absolutely filthy, so on an erotic scale of 1-10, it would be about a -5...unless of course you're into that kind of stuff. :wacko:

Anyways, seeing that this has been released in Europe already, have any of our Euros seen it yet?

Im totally not into starwars/star trek and such kinda movies. The whole SF scene doesnt do it for me. I fell asleep during that Keanu Reeves SF movie,wots it name again. So sry havent seen it ;)

Goya's Ghosts isn't sci-fi though...it's about the famous Spanish painter and the Inquisition. I absolutely can't wait to see it. ^_^

I figured that out for my on my livejournal. Been to the theater 72 times in the past 4 years.

:blink:

Wow. By my standards, that ain't a lot, that's a mega-lot! ;)

I just hate going. There are always some obnoxious teenagers who can't shut the Hell up - happened to me when I went with a couple pals to see Flying Daggers. There was a bunch of like 15-year-olds sitting in the front row (unfortunately we were in the second row) mimicing the Chinese actors. It took an enormous amount of self restraint from me and my two buddies to not smack them over the head with a blunt object and throw those punk ass kids out of there.

I just prefer seeing films in the comfort of my home. No distractions, I can pause whenever I want, I don't have to give up a leg and an arm to pay for tickets, soda & pop corn etc...

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Goya's Ghosts isn't sci-fi though...it's about the famous Spanish painter and the Inquisition. I absolutely can't wait to see it. ^_^

Yeah i got mistaken by "Habs in the Blood" cuz he was referring to Portman in Starwars, and het was a Geek. I must admit i havent seen a lot of movies of late. It goes with waves here, then i see a lot of movie sin a short period. And then for a while i hardly see one.

I'm subscribed to THE MOVIE NETWORK in Canada.

So many good obscure movies to be discovered on there.

'The Green Butchers', 'Everything is Illuminated', etc. I'd never have heard of these movies, never mind have seen them if it were not for these channels.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Saw V for Vendetta yesterday. Really good.

TOP 10

1. The Godfather

2. The Shawshank Redemption

3. Apocalypse Now

4. Schindlers List

5. One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

6. The Usual Suspects

7. Donnie Darko

8. Memento

9. Taxi Driver

10. Hero

just saw lucky number slevin and I loved it !!! toatly confused me when willis showed up... don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it.

most of the movie was shot in montreal !!!

just saw lucky number slevin and I loved it !!! toatly confused me when willis showed up... don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it.

most of the movie was shot in montreal !!!

wait till you see "The Departed" i just saw it today...amazing!!! tomorow i am going to see the Zombie movie in 3d...hope its going to be good!

i loved that other movie, with DeNiro and Edward Norton, also shot in Montreal. The Score, awesome movie....

the score was great Norton really nailed the "handicap" role...as for twited endings im all for it!

and i went to see night of the living dead 3d....steer clear...the stupidest thing i ever saw...went with a groupe of friends...and half the movie i went to play the arcades instead...had more fun there

Am I the only splatter/horror/gore and of course ZOMBIE- movielover here? I love George A Romeros films and the Resident Evil movies are really cool but more child-friendly that Romeros.

Peter Jackson fan. '

Bad Taste ++++

Braindead +++

Meet the Feebles +++

LOTR trilogy +++++.

(havent seen anything else by Jackson I think.)

George A Romero.

Night of the living dead (1968) +++

Dawn of the dead (1978) ++++

Day of the dead ++++

Night of the living dead (199x) ++++

Dawn of the dead (200x) ++++

Land of the dead +++++

George Lucas.

Jaws +++++

Star Wars A new hope +++++

Empire strikes back +++++

Return of the Jedi +++++

Phantom menace +++

Attack of the clones ++++

ep 3 (forgot name) ++++

Godfather trilogy.

1st +++++

2nd +++++

3rd +++

cant write more... but I would want to. Ask me if u want tips on old movies (preferbly horror). BTW Mad Max trilogy also rules :D

I like high concept films. Or a lot of films with emotion. I swear I should be a director I'm too visual of a person. For example when I get down and depressed I think a couple movies of me in my head.

First one is me sitting on a light rail system (usually its Vancouver's Skytrain but sometimes its Montreal's Metro) its busy I'm not saying a word I'm just looking out of the window things are going around me the camera goes into a close shot of my face and all its emptiness. Then I get up (this is where Montreal Metro comes in) and (remember I don't speak french at all but strangely in my dreams I speak it perfectly) get off and start walking down the street in the snow.

The other is me and a beach. (Vancouver again.) I'm walking the beach its cold outside I'm the only one on the beach walking just walking it starts to rain. I take the seawall home walking it. looking around seeing the people around me move and go on with there daily lives. While I just walk not saying a word expressionless.

The other is of me driving through the plains. The emptiness around me the sky is grey the grass is yellow its surreal. (drive through Kansas, Nebraska during the winter this is what it looks like). You feel like your doing something. Its a different type of awe, hard to explain.

The other place I dream of is of my inner peace area its a mix of Norway, Stockholm, Vancouver, BC mountains, Montreal. It snows. I have geese, I go cross country skiing, I live in a cabin. During the summer I have a strawberry farm. During the week days I live in a city its a super modern looking city (Vancouver) with an older part of town (montreal and Stockholm), I live in the modern downtown area (Vancouver downtown) in an apartment over looking water and mountains (Vancouver) I don't have a car I take the metro. I drive a Renault on the weekends (thats Europe of course). I've got a wife and kids. I'm happy. I'm at peace.

And you need back ground music in my movie it would be very misty music. Some kind of electro-rock song very soft very distant. Must give off a distant feeling.