Movies

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry DK DF I haven't found any awesome scenery of Helsinki.

Another town I like is in Norway, Bergen. I'm going to study abroad there at a university there some time in the future they have a partnership with the university I want to attend.

If you want scenery, I suggest you check out Lappland to the north. ;)

I have no 'best' movies but I do have 'most memorable' movies:

1) 2001 - A Space Odyssey - I saw it at a w - - i - - d - - e screen theater in Toronto and with the size of the screen and the locationally accurate sound system, I buried myself in the movie.

2) The 1st three James Bond movies (Dr. No, From Russia With Love & Goldfinger - mostly the second of these) - I was in the nascent stages of my puberty and... gosh... those women...

3) A Clockwork Orange - Amazing! Amazing!

4) The Ipcress File - an anti-Bond kind of film - dreary, eerie & likely much more realistic

5) The Godfather films (the 1st two) - massive and epic

6) La vache et le prisonnier (a Fernandel movie that grabbed my heart at the time)

More recent ones:

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter (a Korean film following the life of a monk based upon the four seasons)

The Red Violin - another epic-style story

Jean de Florette / Manon de Sources (parts 1 & 2 of a lovely story based in Provence)

La gloire de mon père / Le château de ma mère (parts 1 & 2 of an even lovelier story based in lower Provence)

Whats wrong with stockholm? :?-

What is not wrong with Stockholm? :P

Big Kubrick fan eh shortcat. Ive only seen The Shining and Eyes Wide Shut, Shining is one of my all-time faves.

Gotta rent some of his other classics.

You have to see Dr. Strangelove!!!

3) A Clockwork Orange - Amazing! Amazing!

:puke: Man, that is perhaps the worst movie I have ever seen. It's the most bizarre, screwed up, wacko crap that I have watched. This is one movie that I honestly cannot understand anyone liking it. 2 hours of my life I really wish that I could have back. Kubrick films, in general, are just way too bizarre.

:puke: Man, that is perhaps the worst movie I have ever seen. It's the most bizarre, screwed up, wacko crap that I have watched. This is one movie that I honestly cannot understand anyone liking it. 2 hours of my life I really wish that I could have back. Kubrick films, in general, are just way too bizarre.

Hmmm, well I liked it. But I'm not sure how reassuring that is. :P

Am I the only splatter/horror/gore and of course ZOMBIE- movielover here? I love George A Romeros films and the Resident Evil movies are really cool but more child-friendly that Romeros.

Maybe the second one but the first one was terrible. As a random zombie movie it might be ok but that's not what it was created for. It was created for the Resident Evil franchise and in terms of what it got right...well...it had the T-Virus and the Umbrella Corporation.

It was created as a movie version of the Resident Evil world and, as a huge fan of the franchise, it didn't get any of that right. The first Resident Evil is easily the worst movie I've ever seen, it was terrible. Don't really mean to attack your tastes personally but I take issue whenever I see that movie mentioned in a positive light. :lol:

I've heard about it and I've heard it's supposed to be a very good flick.

the story is about a not so far future japan...where disispline is tought by the army...sending thousands of kids on an island and to kill eachother off until theres one left...do you have a torrent client?

I actually didn't think it was that bizarre and I thought it was pretty tame to be honest compared to some Almodóvar films. We never see the main character do the evil deed per say its just implied. If that film was made today then they'd actually try to show the assaults.

What made it bizarre to some people was Malcolm McDowell's character Alex. Mr. McDowell was so convincing it was scary. If somebody else played Alex and didn't give the same effort in the film the film wouldn't be as shocking.

the story is about a not so far future japan...where disispline is tought by the army...sending thousands of kids on an island and to kill eachother off until theres one left...do you have a torrent client?

Yes, but it isn't working. When I decide I am in the right mood to see it, I'll just rent it.

ADD: But thank you for asking! :clap:

I must admit I have this thing about downloading movies actually. I download music every now and then, and I've downloaded a couple of computer games, but never any movies.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Yes, but it isn't working. When I decide I am in the right mood to see it, I'll just rent it.

ADD: But thank you for asking! :clap:

I must admit I have this thing about downloading movies actually. I download music every now and then, and I've downloaded a couple of computer games, but never any movies.

ok i think the same way...but good luck finding it...at least here i couldnt find it anywhere

If I can't find it at the video rental store, I can always check with one of the guys at the record store where my dad works. They can get a hold of a lot of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
i got a suggestion : Spun a crazy movie about drugs

http://imdb.com/title/tt0283003/

enjoy

Seen it advertised never fancied it- my favourite drug realted movie has to be 'blow'.

That's a good one, but I prefer Trainspotting. :D

Requeim for a Dream is good too, as is Kids and Rent, if those count as "drug" movies.

trainspotting is a great film- the toilet scene though :puke:

No man, when he shit the whole bed. Thats was pure fun!! I laughed my ass off!! The guy is sleeping over @ that girls house, and then messes up the whole bed!

Eheheh, almost forgot about that part. Or what about when that guy and his girlfriend go to watch their "home movie" and find that it's the wrong one? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...