Movies

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City of God is very good. If you love seeing violence then that's your movie.

I don't really care if there's violence or not.

Best movie ever? :unsure:

It looks like it should be entertaining, but I hope it comes across more like V for Vendetta as opposed to Daredevil. :puke:

300 will be as good as Sin City. It's basicaly the same kind of movie, an adaptation of a comic book. It will be awesome !!!

300 will be as good as Sin City. It's basicaly the same kind of movie, an adaptation of a comic book. It will be awesome !!!

Speaking of comic books, saw Spider-man this afternoon. What a joke! :nono:

It's on the same level as Fantastic Four.

Nah, Daredevil got a lot more right with the original storyline then F4 did. I'm REALLY hoping they don't screw up Silver Surfer this year like they screwed up Dr.Doom.

F4 is at the bottom of the barrel with the likes of Batman And Robin and Catwoman. True comic book garbage.

Speaking of comic books, saw Spider-man this afternoon. What a joke! :nono:

Yeah, just like Fanpuck said. If you don't like Spiderman, you probably won't like any comic book movie. Spiderman is recognized as one of the best comic book movies out there.

Nah, Daredevil got a lot more right with the original storyline then F4 did.

I'm just judging them based on entertainment value, I know absolutely nothing about the comics. Neither was a very good movie in my opinion, but at least Fantastic Four has the incredible Jessica Alba.

Well obviously not, but I'm just keeping them in context. For movies based off of video games or comics, you can't look at them compared to other general movies, obviously they'll pale in comparison. You have to see how well it sticks to the original storylines that were laid out in the first pieces of work.

Daredevil did a moderate job of this, thanks in large part to Colin Farrel's portrayal of Bullseye and Jennifer Garner as Elektra. Ben Affleck was a really bad choice and thankfully has said he won't return for the sequel. F4 is right at the bottom of the pack, mostly because of Jessica Alba's completely wooden acting (nominated for a Razzie actually) and the horrible development of Dr.Doom. Ioan Gruffuld was pretty bad as Reed Richards too.

Well obviously not, but I'm just keeping them in context. For movies based off of video games or comics, you can't look at them compared to other general movies, obviously they'll pale in comparison. You have to see how well it sticks to the original storylines that were laid out in the first pieces of work.

I don't really think so. Spiderman and X-Men were all awesome, regardless of how well they stayed true to the comics, which I have no idea if they did.

I don't really think so. Spiderman and X-Men were all awesome, regardless of how well they stayed true to the comics, which I have no idea if they did.

Spiderman did and X-Men did for the most part. A couple errors but stayed true for the most part. You brought up two of the best comic book movies around anyway so it's hard to argue.

I'd say Xman Spiderman, Sin City and Batman were all hot.

Fan 4, Daredevil, Catwoman and specially Hulk were all CRAP movies. I felt asleep during Hulk and almost left the theatre during Daredevil.

Well at the top you've got Spiderman 1 and 2, X-Men 1 and 2, Sin City, Batman Begins, V For Vendetta, Superman 1 and 2, TMNT, Dick Tracy, Blade 2. The best of the best. Then in the middle theres moderate stuff like Daredevil, Superman Returns, Hellboy, Batman 1 and 2, X-Men 3. Wasn't impressive but performed no travesties against the franchise either. Then at the very bottom theres The Hulk, Fantastic Four, Batman Forever, Batman And Robin, Catwoman. The cream of the crap.

Well at the top you've got Spiderman 1 and 2, X-Men 1 and 2, Sin City, Batman Begins, V For Vendetta, Superman 1 and 2, TMNT, Dick Tracy, Blade 2. The best of the best. Then in the middle theres moderate stuff like Daredevil, Superman Returns, Hellboy, Batman 1 and 2, X-Men 3. Wasn't impressive but performed no travesties against the franchise either. Then at the very bottom theres The Hulk, Fantastic Four, Batman Forever, Batman And Robin, Catwoman. The cream of the crap.

You really have Batman lumped in with Superman returns and Daredevil? I think Batman is on par with Spiderman 1 and better than Spiderman 2 (i have no idea why everyone thinks Spidey 2 is better than the first one, blows my mind.)

Superman Returns was horrible. They should have just revamped the series like they did with Batman once Smallville on tv ended. At least Smallville on tv was interesting and Lois Lane was actually funny and has some substance.

Superman Returns Lois was pathetic. And how am I suppose to think she's 30 something when she looks 22 and has a kid? And spacey as Luthor sucked. The plot sucked. The entire movie sucked. I want my 17 dollars that I spent total back. Stupid movie.

Although I don't pay that much attention to the Oscars, I'm still glad to see Scorsese (goes without saying) and Forest Whitaker get some recognition. I've always liked Whitaker.

You really have Batman lumped in with Superman returns and Daredevil? I think Batman is on par with Spiderman 1 and better than Spiderman 2 (i have no idea why everyone thinks Spidey 2 is better than the first one, blows my mind.)

The first two Batmans are recognized as more of Tim Burton's universe rather then Batman's universe. Hard to disagree, especially after the 2nd. Not to mention Burton created his own damn storyline for the 1st one and Michael Keaton was only a moderate Batman. He wasn't atrocious like Clooney but he didn't convey what Bruce Wayne is truely like either.

Superman Returns was horrible. They should have just revamped the series like they did with Batman once Smallville on tv ended. At least Smallville on tv was interesting and Lois Lane was actually funny and has some substance.

Superman Returns Lois was pathetic. And how am I suppose to think she's 30 something when she looks 22 and has a kid? And spacey as Luthor sucked. The plot sucked. The entire movie sucked. I want my 17 dollars that I spent total back. Stupid movie.

Superman Returns WAS supposed to revamp the series. It picks up where Superman II left off in order to ignore Superman III and IV which fans have all but shunned. I agree though, I really didn't think it was that good. Everyone was so stale in their acting.

Disagree on Spacey though, he was the only good part of Superman Returns. Nailed the Lex Luthor character.

Batman Begins and Batman and Robin are the only two Batman movies I've seen. I saw parts of one of the other ones, and it just looked God awful. The fake ass penguins dragging him into the water. I just wanted to laugh out loud in the middle of the night.

Batman Begins and Batman and Robin are the only two Batman movies I've seen. I saw parts of one of the other ones, and it just looked God awful. The fake ass penguins dragging him into the water. I just wanted to laugh out loud in the middle of the night.

Yeah, that was the second one Tim Burton directed. It really was a Tim Burton universe rather then Gotham City. It wasn't a bad movie per se but it also didn't do any justice to the Batman franchise either. Just watched it the other day actually, I think TBS had it on yesterday morning.

But the first Batman had Jack. Heath Ledger isnt going to hold a candle to that performance, and i think its going to be really tough for the entire movie to live that down.

I have only seen Batman and BB, heard bad things about the Schumacher ones and havent gotten around to trying out Returns.

But the first Batman had Jack. Heath Ledger isnt going to hold a candle to that performance, and i think its going to be really tough for the entire movie to live that down.

I have only seen Batman and BB, heard bad things about the Schumacher ones and havent gotten around to trying out Returns.

Well yeah, Jack did a great job as The Joker but Joker never killed Bruce's parents. That one fact really bothers me about the first Batman. I don't care if it helps with your idea of the movie or whatever, thats a huge glaring error. I'll admit I'm skeptical about Heath as well BUT I'm not going to count him out yet either. The potential is there to do a great job because by no means is Heath Ledger a bad actor.

Don't bother with the Schumacher ones, save the time for sticking needles in your eyes or contracting AIDS. You're better off.