Movies

habs_in_the_blood

Well yeah, Jack did a great job as The Joker but Joker never killed Bruce's parents. That one fact really bothers me about the first Batman. I don't care if it helps with your idea of the movie or whatever, thats a huge glaring error. I'll admit I'm skeptical about Heath as well BUT I'm not going to count him out yet either. The potential is there to do a great job because by no means is Heath Ledger a bad actor.

Don't bother with the Schumacher ones, save the time for sticking needles in your eyes or contracting AIDS. You're better off.

I guess me not reading the comic books allows me to overlook any factual errors but i could see how a fan of the comics would not appreciate changes to the story.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess me not reading the comic books allows me to overlook any factual errors but i could see how a fan of the comics would not appreciate changes to the story.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I mean, if you're a movies only kind of guy then I can see how the Tim Burton Batman movies would be good. It's not like anything horrible was done, it's just those little things that bug me. Comes with the territory of being a nerdy fanboy I guess. :lol:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I mean, if you're a movies only kind of guy then I can see how the Tim Burton Batman movies would be good. It's not like anything horrible was done, it's just those little things that bug me. Comes with the territory of being a nerdy fanboy I guess. :lol:

pssh I saw HP 4 wit hmy friend (we've both read all the books and I know more about them than he does) but every single scene he whined out loud "THAT never happened in the book!" or about the most trivial scenes like "they skipped the scene where harry picks his nose" and then he'd made up his mind tha tthe movie was garbage after about 10 minutes it sucked. By the way, the Deathly Hallows release date was announced a couple of weeks ago. Off the top of my head, I think it was July 21st but I can look it up. It's sometime in the summer for sure though.

EDIT: BOOK 7 RELEASE DATE!JKRowling.com was updated today with news that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released on Saturday, July 21st, 2007, one week after the fifth movie hits theaters.

Scholastic has followed with a press release in which Lisa Holton, President of Scholastic Children's Books said, "We are thrilled to announce the publication date of the seventh installment in this remarkable series. We join J.K. Rowling's millions of readers - young and old, veterans and newcomers - in anticipating what lies ahead." You can read the full press release here.

The hardcover will sell for $34.99 with the deluxe edition fetching $65.00. These high prices could mean the book will be longer than any of the previous six. However, if you click here you can pre-order it now on Amazon.com for just $18.89.

UPDATE: Just a few hours after the release date has been announced, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows already holds the top spot on both the Amazon and Barnes and Noble bestseller lists.

pssh I saw HP 4 wit hmy friend (we've both read all the books and I know more about them than he does) but every single scene he whined out loud "THAT never happened in the book!" or about the most trivial scenes like "they skipped the scene where harry picks his nose" and then he'd made up his mind tha tthe movie was garbage after about 10 minutes it sucked. By the way, the Deathly Hallows release date was announced a couple of weeks ago. Off the top of my head, I think it was July 21st but I can look it up. It's sometime in the summer for sure though.

Yeah, I did that too. I also dressed up for the Hitchhikers movie.

Next time he wears a bathrobe with a towel to a theater, let me know.

Citizen Kane was overated IMO, ill give it a 7/10.

then last night i saw 2001: A Space Odyssey. Wow, that is a real tough one to grasp, but many critics consider it to be one of the greatest films of all time. Anyone else completely miss the boat the first time they watched it, then watched it again and loved it?

Citizen Kane was overated IMO, ill give it a 7/10.

then last night i saw 2001: A Space Odyssey. Wow, that is a real tough one to grasp, but many critics consider it to be one of the greatest films of all time. Anyone else completely miss the boat the first time they watched it, then watched it again and loved it?

To be honest, I've never watched it. I think I may have seen bits and pieces of it though, but never in its entirety.

Same with me, they've shown it on CBC and few times and I've caught bits and pieces of it.

And to send this thread spiraling into destruction, I'm getting Borat today because I haven't seen it but I like stupid humor such as that so I'm going to buy it and yeah.

:D

Same with me, they've shown it on CBC and few times and I've caught bits and pieces of it.

And to send this thread spiraling into destruction, I'm getting Borat today because I haven't seen it but I like stupid humor such as that so I'm going to buy it and yeah.

:D

I haven't seen that either. I watched Unbreakable last week with my roomie. It was uhh...interesting. I guess I'm just not a comic book fan...unless we're talking about yaoi. ^_^

Borat's hysterical.

I'm hoping so, I tend to buy movies I want to see without actually seeing them. Most recent case was The Departed.

9.5 times out of 10, I'll like it anyway since I know what my tastes are.

Borat is not stupid humour! It was so good i went to the theatres twice. I cant wait to buy that one, im hoping they have some good commentary from Cohen, like which parts are staged.

I saw it in stores already. Probably going to buy it soon. It comes with 30min of extra footage or something as well. I saw it in theaters twice as well and can't wait to get together with some friends and watch it again, haha.

I wasn't a fan of Borat. I laughed outloud at the 2 parts about Jews (The Running of the Jew & when they stay over in a Jewish home) and the rest of the movie didn't really get any more than a smile out of me.

The naked man fight was a bit... disturbing? lol

I saw it in stores already. Probably going to buy it soon. It comes with 30min of extra footage or something as well. I saw it in theaters twice as well and can't wait to get together with some friends and watch it again, haha.

I believe the footage is on youtube. A friend showed me a few deleted scenes months ago.

I wasn't a fan of Borat. I laughed outloud at the 2 parts about Jews (The Running of the Jew & when they stay over in a Jewish home) and the rest of the movie didn't really get any more than a smile out of me.

The naked man fight was a bit... disturbing? lol

I believe the footage is on youtube. A friend showed me a few deleted scenes months ago.

:blink:

What?! Naked men? *runs out to rent the video*

I'm a huge fan of Orson Welles and I think Citizen Kane is excellent.

I've seen 2001: A Space Odyssey once, but it was very long ago when I was way to young to appreciate it (I thought it was going to be a Star Wars kind of space movie) and I haven't gotten around to watching it again.

Unbreakable is without doubt my favorite M. Night Shyamalan movie. It gets better after you've seen it a second or third time.

Unbreakable is without doubt my favorite M. Night Shyamalan movie. It gets better after you've seen it a second or third time.

Same here. I was a really big fan of Night's movies starting with Sixth Sense and going until Signs, then he lost me with Village and ive heard terrible things about Lady in the Water.

I think the ending to Unbreakable destroys the end of the Sixth Sense (although i did have that ending spoiled for me prior to seeing it, unfortunately...).

Sixth Sense would have been awesome if I hadn't heard the twist from a friend before I saw it. I didn't think Unbreakable was very good. I think Signs is his best movie. The Village wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't as good as I expected. Heck, about halfway through I speculated the supposed twist. I haven't seen Lady in the Water yet, I keep forgetting about it. A friend of mine saw it and said it was pretty good.