Movies

habs_in_the_blood

My hopes are high but it's probably going to suck. The 5th one was such an appalling movie (not just for an adaptation, as a stand alone film) that I can't expect very much. I am ready to cringe at the handling of the Lavender scenes. :(

If they can keep that relationship comedic without making it corny, I think it should be fine.

Thats probably asking too much though.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going tomorrow. Reaction seems split right now. The few Potter fans I've talked to that have seen it already didn't like it but critics obviously adore it. I hated the last one but I'm getting the feeling I'll enjoy this one (because the fan complaints are really stupid)

Also in other nerdy news, the rumor that popped up last winter then died proved to be true and I couldn't be happier because I really wanted this to happen.

Natalie Portman casted in "Thor"

Portman cast in Thor? Can she even lift the hammer? Bold choice by Hollywood on this one. ^_^

Edited by Trizzak

It says "in" not "as"

Stop pretending to be illiterate.

I failed my grade 10 literacy test. Luckily I was the guinea pig year for it, so I didn't have to take it again.

But yeah, failed. Apparently I wasn't allowed to make fun of Mike Harris.

I failed my grade 10 literacy test. Luckily I was the guinea pig year for it, so I didn't have to take it again.

But yeah, failed. Apparently I wasn't allowed to make fun of Mike Harris.

I'm sorry. My joke wasn't meant to bring back old wounds.

I apologize. :(

any one see the new potter movie yet?

I guess if you're able to forget about the book while watching the movie, you'll enjoy it.

If you can't stop thinking about the book, very dissapointing.

I can't use the spoilers. Why ??

No. I just read a critic a week ago saying that some parts of the books would be missing.

yeah like they did with the fifth movie, i had just finished reading the book when i saw the movie.

a movie i am really anxious to see, Inglourious Basterds

link to preview

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

Just went to see "I Love You, Beth Cooper."

It was, err... rather pointless. I won't lie though, it wasn't my choice lol.

TBRC's official rating - 4.5/10

I haven't seen it, but I'd think an hour and a half of Hayden can't be too bad. :D

Congratulations! You liked it more then the average person where it gets a 1.3/10

Hayden Panetierre is seriously one of the most annoying people in Hollywood. I can't even watch Heroes anymore (although the ridiculousy shitty writing doesn't help either). I'm curious to know who thought she'd be able to carry a whole friggin movie.

Congratulations! You liked it more then the average person where it gets a 1.3/10

Hayden Panetierre is seriously one of the most annoying people in Hollywood. I can't even watch Heroes anymore (although the ridiculousy shitty writing doesn't help either). I'm curious to know who thought she'd be able to carry a whole friggin movie.

Yeah, I'm a pretty generous guy. There were a few cheap laughs, but there was no plot, no clear direction, and no brilliant performances. Not to mention the story was as shallow as a shower, and the resolutions to the confilcts were unimaginative, uncreative and just downright bad.

Once again, if you want to see a movie, I recommend The Taking of Pelham 123.

Too bad. I loved the book.

Yah HP6 was brutal. Easily the worst movie of the series. I'm a big fan of the books and I have to say that this was the first time in six films that I really felt as though the movie was not true to the book. Lots of stuff was missing (obviously), but my beef is that they changed the way so many events unfolded. The end results were all the same but the way the story was told ruined the integrity of the book.

Yah HP6 was brutal. Easily the worst movie of the series. I'm a big fan of the books and I have to say that this was the first time in six films that I really felt as though the movie was not true to the book. Lots of stuff was missing (obviously), but my beef is that they changed the way so many events unfolded. The end results were all the same but the way the story was told ruined the integrity of the book.

You thought 5 was true to the book?

lol ok

You thought 5 was true to the book?

lol ok

much more so than 6 was. In 5 it was snipits here and there that changed.

In book six it was all about how they went about doing things:

-The lack of the battle in the final scene was disappointing to say the least but people dont think about is what that changes. With no battle Bill Weasley is never attacked by Fenrir Greyback. This in turn never bonds Fleur to Mrs. Weasley. In fact no mention was made of Bill/Fleur at all. So will the Wedding be part of the seventh movie? Better yet, where will Harry and the group go when they escape Malfoy Manor with Dobby. In the book they stay at Shell Cottage.

Additionally in the book Harry is desperate to hide his potions text and he ends up in the room of requirement where things are hidden. In his haste to get rid of the book he places it next to a bust wearing a "strange crown". This proves useful in the seventh book when Harry is trying to think of where Ravenclaw's Diadem was located. Now they will have to change the way in which Harry stumbles upon that horcrux.