Movies

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never posted about Kick-Ass just cause I thought you'd call it out as lame Joe! :lol:

You guys gotta read it if you get the chance, it's f*cking brutal. Totally entertaining though, I'm psyched for the movie. Marvel let Matthew Vaughn drop Thor so he could do Kick-Ass (Kick-Ass is published by Marvel). I'm hoping they keep the part where Hit-Girl slices the top of some guys head off with a katana. So unexpected and so awesome at the same time.

Here's the first trailer:

Edited by jetsniper

I never posted about Kick-Ass just cause I thought you'd call it out as lame Joe! :lol:

You guys gotta read it if you get the chance, it's f*cking brutal. Totally entertaining though, I'm psyched for the movie. Marvel let Matthew Vaughn drop Thor so he could do Kick-Ass (Kick-Ass is published by Marvel). I'm hoping they keep the part where Hit-Girl slices the top of some guys head off with a katana. So unexpected and so awesome at the same time.

Here's the first trailer:

I'm not BTH... :P

I can find a WHOLE lotta posts that contradict this. :P

Nah. Kick-Ass looks a lot like Iron Man (well according to the trailers). What I don't like is when a comic movie brings nothing more than a usual comic movie, à la Hulk 1, Hell Boy 1 and the shitty movie with Ben Affleck.

I'm not BTH... :P

This is a lie. We've been the same person for some time now.

PS. Didn't get the joke.

PPS. Listen to Lil Wayne ft Em - Drop the World (it will blow your mind - even Wayne is good for once)

PPPS. 15 movies in 7 days since the start of my break :blink:

PPPPS. What happened to Keira Knightley? She gets worse every time I see one of her movies (recently, The Duchess)

PPPPPS. I enjoyed Twilight.

Well, there we have it. BTH is a girl.

I'm just an un-sexist film watcher. I do not discriminate against chick flicks.

:clap: :bow: :clap:

He absolutely destroyed it. Sounded like his TES days. R2 (scheduled for March) will be awesome. Everything he's done since R1 > R1. And since this is the Movie thread, Eminem's supposed to be doing some 3D horror movie called Shady Talez or something. :P

Nah. Kick-Ass looks a lot like Iron Man (well according to the trailers). What I don't like is when a comic movie brings nothing more than a usual comic movie, à la Hulk 1, Hell Boy 1 and the shitty movie with Ben Affleck.

Daredevil suffered from shitty casting. It was completely based around Frank Miller's work and every other movie based around his stuff gets rave reviews. Ben Affleck/Jennifer Garner ruined the whole movie. Colin Farrell was an excellent Bullseye and while Kingpin was never black, I'm not sure theres anyone as big as Michael Clarke Duncan to portray the role. :lol:

You already know I thought the first Hulk did a good job of portraying the Hulk himself but I'll admit it could've done without that Nick Nolte crap. Also the second Hulk movie is INFINITELY better then the first one. 2008 was a good comic book movie year (except the crappy Punisher movie that came out in December).

PPPPS. What happened to Keira Knightley? She gets worse every time I see one of her movies (recently, The Duchess)

Huh, a lot of critics thought she was snubbed at the Oscars this year. I didn't think much of the movie itself but I'll watch her in anything. She has to drop the period piece schtick though (which she kind of but not really is with her upcoming stuff)

PPPPPS. I enjoyed Twilight.

It pains me to say the movie didn't do the book justice. Book is some of the worst writing I've ever read.

I got brownie points by taking the girlfriend to see the last one though so I didn't totally waste my time. Guys could've worn shirts a little more often though.

I'm just an un-sexist film watcher. I do not discriminate against chick flicks.

Hey, me either. Love Actually is one of my favourite Christmas movies (or just movies in general)

I still won't like Twilight though.

Huh, a lot of critics thought she was snubbed at the Oscars this year. I didn't think much of the movie itself but I'll watch her in anything. She has to drop the period piece schtick though (which she kind of but not really is with her upcoming stuff)

More the movie than her, although she's just getting boring. She always plays the same role, in the same type of movies, and she isn't even particularly good at that role. I think she has more potential in comedies...

It pains me to say the movie didn't do the book justice. Book is some of the worst writing I've ever read.

I got brownie points by taking the girlfriend to see the last one though so I didn't totally waste my time. Guys could've worn shirts a little more often though.

Book's garbage, the movie's alright. Had they cut out a few of the awful lines + reduced Kristen Stewart's shaking, shivering and confused facial expressions by 20%, it would have been pretty good.

Hey, me either. Love Actually is one of my favourite Christmas movies (or just movies in general)

+1. Usually, I don't like romantic comedies very much. But this movie was shot in a way that we're not stuck with only 1 boring story. The casting and acting are very good as well.

I also like Hitch.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Inglorious Basterds the other day : FAN-TAS-TIC !!!!

I rarely saw a movie crack up my top 5 as fast as that after the first viewing.

It is my best movie of 2009 for sure.

Watched Inglorious Basterds the other day : FAN-TAS-TIC !!!!

I rarely saw a movie crack up my top 5 as fast as that after the first viewing.

It is my best movie of 2009 for sure.

funny, i just saw it and hated it -- Tarantino has officially exhausted his creativity IMO and now simply reproduces Hitchcock, Lynch, Peckinpah et al. Disjointed, jarring and unbelievable -- some good acting and cinematography are not enough to make this flick work.

did really enjoy District 9 tho, well, until the third act . . .

funny, i just saw it and hated it -- Tarantino has officially exhausted his creativity IMO and now simply reproduces Hitchcock, Lynch, Peckinpah et al. Disjointed, jarring and unbelievable -- some good acting and cinematography are not enough to make this flick work.

did really enjoy District 9 tho, well, until the third act . . .

+ 1

Inglorious basterds sucks

Looks like Titanic's record for worldwide gross is going to be shattered by Avatar. In under three weeks, Avatar has already grossed over a billion dollars, as it chases Titanic's 1.8 billion. Of course, it's not a fair head-to-head battle, as Avatar is being shown in 3D and IMAX, which theatres charge more to see.