habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DD was one of the worst movies ever

Dark Knight sequel planned, and Spiderman to be in 3D

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/buzz-log-d...-do-battle.html

He was joking, he knows I hated Ben Affleck in Daredevil. Should've been Guy Pearce! Affleck was literally the only thing that didn't make that movie work. Casting wise, I thought they basically nailed everyone else (especially Bullseye. Colin Farrell was excellent). They used Frank Miller's work for the base as well which was probably the smartest thing they could've done. In terms of the tone of the movie, the reboot won't be much different. Although adapting current Daredevil as leader of The Hand would be pretty awesome too. I mentioned Batman 3 already. As if there was any doubt.

Didn't know they got Blake Lively to play Carol. Thats....interesting. I guess. I've only seen half of the first traveling pants movie so I have no idea if she can act. Oh, but imdb says she's in New York, I Love You. I guess I should watch that soon.

He was joking, he knows I hated Ben Affleck in Daredevil. Should've been Guy Pearce! Affleck was literally the only thing that didn't make that movie work. Casting wise, I thought they basically nailed everyone else (especially Bullseye. Colin Farrell was excellent). They used Frank Miller's work for the base as well which was probably the smartest thing they could've done. In terms of the tone of the movie, the reboot won't be much different. Although adapting current Daredevil as leader of The Hand would be pretty awesome too. I mentioned Batman 3 already. As if there was any doubt.

Didn't know they got Blake Lively to play Carol. Thats....interesting. I guess. I've only seen half of the first traveling pants movie so I have no idea if she can act. Oh, but imdb says she's in New York, I Love You. I guess I should watch that soon.

I should have known :unsure:

Michael Haneke's The White Ribbon - One of the better movies of this year. 09 is a crazy deep movie year. I don't know if there's a complete "masterpiece" that was made this year, but those are practically extinct these days.

• 3 weeks later...

Of the movies I saw recently, the best (that come to mind) are:

- Ratcatcher - 1999 - Lynne Ramsay

- The Double Life of Veronique - 1991 - Krzszystof Kieslowski

- Hannah and Her Sisters - 1986 - Woody Allen

- Midnight Cowboy - 1969 - John Schlesinger

Yet to see Shutter Island.

- Hannah and Her Sisters - 1986 - Woody Allen

- Midnight Cowboy - 1969 - John Schlesinger

Good movies. I epsecially like the Woody Allen movie. :)

So I've decided that once I see a couple more Fellini movies I'm going to type up a Top 10 Filmmakers of All-Time article for my new tumblr account.

Good movies. I epsecially like the Woody Allen movie. :)

I recently bought these two for 6$ each. My first time watching them.

I think HaHS may be Allen's best movie. And I hear he was inspired to make it after a chance re-reading of Anna Karenina which is the book I'm currently 600 pages into, so that was a bonus.

You should check out the other two movies I listed. :)

Oscars anyone ???

My predictions :

Best movie : Avatar

Direction : Bigelow for Hurt Locker

The Austrian actor from Inglourious Basterds is a lock for male 2nd role and Mo'Nique is a lock too in this category. Would be nice to see Sandra Bullock win an Oscar.

Ex-wife vs ex-husband for the Best movie category, I like...

I'm in the "I don't really care" category just because nothing can happen that will change my opinions of each movie. For that reason, I'll just go with who I want to win.

Best Picture: The Hurt Locker

Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow

Best Actor: Jeff Bridges

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan

Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz

Best Supporting Actress: Anna Kendrick

Christoph Waltz and Carey Mulligan need to win.

I want QT and IB to win for Best Director and Picture but it'll never happen so I'm rooting for Cameron and Avatar. The Hurt Locker is only my 3rd favourite movie of the year.

But it doesn't really matter to me who wins. Sandra Bullock will suck just as much balls with an Oscar as she did without one.

Christoph Waltz and Carey Mulligan need to win.

Waltz seems like the biggest front-runner for any of the major categories so I'm not too concerned about that one. Best Actress seems like it's Bullocks though as disappointing as that is. Mulligan is one of my new favourites.

Anna Kendrick doesn't have a hope in hell either. I really don't want Mo'Nique to win though. She's loud and annoying.

But it doesn't really matter to me who wins. Sandra Bullock will suck just as much balls with an Oscar as she did without one.

:lol: My orange juice came out of my nose.

They FINALLY showed Se7en on TV last night. Thank Odin and Thor for digital boxes with harddrives. I haven't seen that movie in - literally - YEARS. I'm psyched! :D

The Hurt Locker pretty much destroyed Avatar tonight.

I'm just skeptical that the Academy won't be elitist for once in their life.

Called it.

I don't care though, I loved The Hurt Locker just as much. Congratulations to Kathryn Bigelow!

Bigelow was just out of words, shaking. Wow !

Gotta love the joke Martin made at the end : The show is so long that Avatar is now playing in the past. hahaha

When they made the announcement, Sandra Bullock almost seemed mad that she won, haha.

Very disappointed Avatar didn't win best picture. It's not often that movies I like get nominated for anything. Also disappointed District 9 didn't get any technical awards. I may not have cared for it in the end, but it's amazing they made that on such a low budget.

The only result I was happy with was Christoph Waltz.

Tarantino got robbed of Best Original Screenplay.

Favreau debuted a new Iron Man 2 trailer on Jimmy Kimmel last night.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Also read the Marc Webb is receiving input from Cameron on Spider-Man. He probably won't come on officially but he does seem to be a little bit involved.

More than 2.5 billion at this point. Also, Cameron and Bigelow are still friends and have even worked together after the divorce. Heck, she even consulted him when she was trying to decide if she wanted to do The Hurt Locker.

Edited by Fanpuck33

Cameron probably wipes his ass with the money he got off of Avatar, I'm sure he's been crying since last night.

Hell, he's probably got 100s for tissues too.

Oh yeah, Sandra Bullock set a record this weekend. First person to ever win Best and Worst Actress in the same weekend.

Edited by jetsniper

Harry Potter 6: Fun to watch. They didn't milk the book for everything it was worth (ruined two awesome scenes: The Unbreakable Vow and The Lightning-Struck Tower) and, as usual, there was plenty of perversion of the characters, but still a good movie.

Cameron probably wipes his ass with the money he got off of Avatar, I'm sure he's been crying since last night.

Hell, he's probably got 100s for tissues too.

Oh yeah, Sandra Bullock set a record this weekend. First person to ever win Best and Worst Actress in the same weekend.

For the same role?

Of course not. For All About Steve, which won also won another Razzie for Worst On-Screen couple and was nominated for worst picture, worst direction, and worst screenplay.

You never know with the Razzies and Oscars.

That Stanley Kubrick (AKA The King of Cinema) has won a Worst Director award but never won Best Director tells you everything you need to know about them.