Movies

habs_in_the_blood

Well it's been quite a while since I saw it but I seem to remember liking what the guy was doing at first and then he kind of slowly devolved as the movie went on. He was clearly insane though.

His heart was in the right place but I can't say I approve of his methods. I think he not only put himself in danger but the bears as well. It can't be good to get that close to wild animals, for either party. The human puts his or her life at stake and also risks habituating the wild animal to contact with humans, which may put the animal in danger.

Let me be the first to admit I am by no means an expert on wild animals. But I have to say Treadwell reminded me a great deal about Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin. I didn't like his methods too well either.

The movie was very captivating tho. A good documentary IMO.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His heart was in the right place but I can't say I approve of his methods. I think he not only put himself in danger but the bears as well. It can't be good to get that close to wild animals, for either party. The human puts his or her life at stake and also risks habituating the wild animal to contact with humans, which may put the animal in danger.

Let me be the first to admit I am by no means an expert on wild animals. But I have to say Treadwell reminded me a great deal about Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin. I didn't like his methods too well either.

The movie was very captivating tho. A good documentary IMO.

This is about the guy that got eaten by grizzly bears? I saw something on TV about him once.

...but seriously, guys. You will NOT regret watching Scorsese's first two docs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WilliamKningoksToilk

Last weekend I went to see the new "Clash of the Titans" in 3D. I really didnt like a lot of the "3D" scenes.

I dont know what its called, possibly "3D Decoupage" or "Paper Tole", but there is a craft where people take several copies of a picture on paper or card and cut out images and glue them down to build up layers to create a relief. Well, they seem to have done something like that to create some of the 3D scenes in "Clash of the Titans".

In many of the scenes it looked as though somebody was standing in front of 3 copies of themselves. I didnt like the effect at all.

Well Clash of the Titans was a movie that was converted in post-production due to Avatar's success, it wasn't actually shot with 3D cameras. The 3D work was incredibly poor but I also find the whole thing to be a giant gimmick that I'd like to go away. That doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon though.

Watched M.Night Shyamalan's Unbreakable again tonight after hearing Tarantino go on about it in his "Top 20 movies since '92" list. Theres a movie where I wouldn't have a problem with a sequel.

Saw Kick-Ass tonight. I was impressed with how much I enjoyed it. Exceeded my expectations for sure.

Oh yeah! I forgot, I saw Kick-Ass on Saturday. Really, really, really good. The ending is completely different from what was in the comic (and in my opinion was better). The violence was still a little toned down but overall, Matthew Vaughn did a great job. Chloe Moretz was the best part of the movie. The action was very pulpesque, the movie has cult classic written all over it.

I put it up there with Watchmen or Iron Man. I loved it.

Edited by jetsniper

• 4 weeks later...

OK, just finished watching Watchmen.

Sometimes I feel the less you know about a movie, the better, and this felt like one of those sometimes. Either many of the Marvel/DC superheroes never made their way to little ol' Sweden, or I just missed them. But it was refreshing not to know anything about what I was about to see.

That said, I was a little confused as to who was who. I thought that could have been made a little more clear.

The movie started out great tho. The title sequence was awesome and for the most part I think the feel you got from it held up. I think the violence was a little too graphic tho.

About the music. They used a lot of dope songs, but sometimes I felt like the music didn't fit.

All in all it was a good movie. Liked it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Huge news in the entertainment industry with Disney buying Lucasfilm for 4+ billion and announcing the continuation of the Star Wars saga following Return of the Jedi.

Lucas won't be completely out of the picture, but it sounds like he won't be the driving creative force behind it. I am super excited about this. The franchise needed a new vision - he was too obsessed with special effects and had lost touch with the fan base. It will be interesting to see what they do with the new trilogy. I know Lucas had outlines for future films, but I don't think scripts were ever penned. Will they use these outlines for the new trilogy? Our will they adapt stories from the expanded universe, such as Timothy Zahn's fantastic Thrawn trilogy?