Movies

habs_in_the_blood

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Way too much of the corny stuff that was used so well in small amounts in the first two movies. Too many times during the movie I was thinking to myself, "Man, this is lame." Unlike the first two, which I thought were awesome, even though I wasn't a fan of Doctor Oc.

Way too much of the corny stuff that was used so well in small amounts in the first two movies. Too many times during the movie I was thinking to myself, "Man, this is lame." Unlike the first two, which I thought were awesome, even though I wasn't a fan of Doctor Oc.

That reeks of Goldmember and Dead Man's Chest. <_<

That reeks of Dead Man's Chest. <_<

Yeah, that's exactly what I was telling Noah. It was a bit longer and tried too hard to recreate the magic of the predecessors.

This is a bit of a spoiler, but it won't ruin anything. In the first 10 minutes of the movie, a meteorite hits no more than 50 feet from Peter and MJ, and they don't notice. :wacko:

Yeah, that's exactly what I was telling Noah. It was a bit longer and tried too hard to recreate the magic of the predecessors.

This is a bit of a spoiler, but it won't ruin anything. In the first 10 minutes of the movie, a meteorite hits no more than 50 feet from Peter and MJ, and they don't notice. :wacko:

:blink:

That's almost as bad as when Peter/Spiderman gets hit by the skytrain thingie or falls from the top of a building onto two cars in the second movie.

I recently saw Head in the Clouds, a romantic drama, a story of two lovers who must choose between passion and conviction, between love and social awareness.

Not a bad movie.

A drop-dead gorgeous Charlize Theron. Charlize Theron speaking french, and charlize losing her ###. ;)

What more can you ask for? :P;)

Edited by mathieu30

I recently saw Head in the Clouds, a romantic drama, a story of two lovers who must choose between passion and conviction, between love and social awareness.

Not a bad movie.

A drop-dead gorgeous Charlize Theron. Charlize Theron speaking french, and charlize losing her ###. ;)

What more can you ask for? :P;)

*puts it down on his must see list*

This man speaks the truth.

1) I didn't like how the symbiote was portrayed as some kind of "Emo kid makeover". It was so much more then that in the comic books.

2) That jazz club scene. I almost walked out on the movie there.

Venom totally saved that movie though. From his appearence to the end, it was fantastic (speaking as a webhead). The movie overall wasn't terrible though. The first two were definitely better but for about a half hour or so, it was just the epitome of suck here. The others didn't have that.

That's almost as bad as when Peter/Spiderman gets hit by the skytrain thingie or falls from the top of a building onto two cars in the second movie.

He's a superhero for chrissakes, of course he'll be fine after that.

Spiderman 3 = :puke:

Couldnt agree more. The sad thing is that it had so much potential. I loved the Sandman and what i was really pumped up for was Venom and he didn't disappoint.

The entire Jazz club scene and Emo transformation completely killed any potential the movie had though, what a shame.

Couldnt agree more. The sad thing is that it had so much potential. I loved the Sandman and what i was really pumped up for was Venom and he didn't disappoint.

The entire Jazz club scene and Emo transformation completely killed any potential the movie had though, what a shame.

Yeah, there were too many villains. It was like they couldn't decide if they wanted the Sandman or Venom in the movie, so they decided to put them both in there in case there is no Spiderman 4. Harry was the only one who got decent development, and even his turn to being the New Goblin was awfully fast, though that had been building since the last movie. Sandman's development was average at best and there was no development at all for Venom.

I totally agree about the emo transformation. It might have been funny had they done it briefly, like in Spiderman 2 when Peter loses his powers and is walking around campus to "Raindrops Keep Failing on My Head." Instead, they spent at least a good 15 minutes on him acting all stupid and emo.

No development for Venom didn't surprise me, I was just expecting this movie to be an intro into Venom with Spiderman 4 totally taking over the character. Raimi didn't like the character and didn't want him in the movie, studio execs convinced him because he has such a large fanbase. After Spiderman 3, I think that came across in the movie, Raimi didn't seem to fully grasp the Symbiote concept.

Wouldn't be sad if he wasn't back to direct another one but then the rest of the cast wouldn't be back either.

We're not done with the 3... Spiderman, Ocean's thirteen, Shrek 3, Pirates of Caribbean 3... Die Hard 4 !!!!

Happy summer !

Personnaly, i'm a big fan of Shrek, Ocean's no matter what #, Pirates also and so i am for John MaClean !!!

Well with all the bad reviews I may not go now!

Think Star Wars Episode II: some really good stuff, plus some bad stuff, plus some stuff that makes you wonder what the writers/producers/directors were thinking when they made the movie.

Another thing that hurt the experience for me was that I saw in on an UltraScreen, 75 feet wide by 32 feet tall. That's pretty cool, but not when the people I was meeting up with saved our seats - in the second row. It was impossible to see the whole screen at once. :wall:

All my friends are going to see it tonight but I can't go. I guess I win now. :D Saved my 10 bucks. I'll have to watch it eventually though.

All my friends are going to see it tonight but I can't go. I guess I win now. :D Saved my 10 bucks. I'll have to watch it eventually though.

Yeah, I'll probably end up seeing it when it comes out on DVD, but I don't plan on wasting ten bucks just to see it on the big screen.

plus some stuff that makes you wonder what the writers/producers/directors were thinking when they made the movie.

When watching the Jazz Club scene i thought i was seeing a remake of The Mask...just brutal. Maybe they were all thinking Jim Carrey was Peter Parker?