Movies

habs_in_the_blood

Million Dollars Baby - Clint Eastwood

not bad. wasn't expecting the movie to go the

hospital way

though...

I saw Taken with Liam Neeson. He's hell of a badass in this movie !!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're having a Hitchcock special on one of the Swedish channels. Six Tuesdays they'll be showing some of his old classics.

They began last Tuesday with Rebecca, I recorded it on my DVR but I havent' watched it yet. I've heard that some consider it to be Hitchcock's best movie.

On Tuesday it's Suspicion, then Spellbound and Notorious, which I haven't seen, then they finish off with Vertigo and Psycho, both of which I've seen and love. :B)

They're having a Hitchcock special on one of the Swedish channels. Six Tuesdays they'll be showing some of his old classics.

They began last Tuesday with Rebecca, I recorded it on my DVR but I havent' watched it yet. I've heard that some consider it to be Hitchcock's best movie.

On Tuesday it's Suspicion, then Spellbound and Notorious, which I haven't seen, then they finish off with Vertigo and Psycho, both of which I've seen and love. :B)

I've seen all of those except Suspicion. All good. My favourite of them is Vertigo (even if I still don't understand exactly what happened.)

I'm sure there are many people who consider Rebecca his finest work but that definitely wouldn't be the favourite pick (see: the big four: Psycho, Vertigo, North By Northwest, Rear Window). Still one of my favourite movies by him. It made me a Joan Fontaine fan for a few days but then I didn't watch any of her other movies so I forgot about her... :(

Taken is one of the better movies i've seen in a while. Very intense, I liked it.

I recently saw the new Transformers movie. The moment I left I called my doctor and told her I had contracted Vertigo. It was alright I suppose, but i found it to be a jumble of crap on the screen at all times. Random robots, they all look the same to me. Either way, I probably don't appreciate it because I was never a fan of that series. I was only there to drive my friend and his girlfriend anyways.

The other night I went to see Public Enemies. I thought it was a terrific movie. It was very long, however, and rather than two and a half hours, they probably could have made it about an hour shorter. A very intense movie, action scenes are well done. I'd suggest seeing it, but beware the end drags a bit longer than it should.

Transformers 5.5/10

Public Enemies 7/10

I bet he really was, in the non-US version. They edited the movie down so much here. The best scene from the previews didn't even make the theatrical version here. (The scene where he stabs the guy in both knees.)

I think I'm the only person in existence that thought the movie was boring as hell.

Cars and The Incredibles are the only Pixar movies I don't like.

Cars was Ok. The Incredibles was awefull as hell

The Hangover, best comedy i've seen in a while!! Great movie...and the photo's showing in the end are Hilarious!

just coming back from there !! that allan guy was amazing !!! :lol:

is the new tarantino out yet ??

Inglorious Basterds!

I think it's supposed to come out in august or september

Inglorious Basterds!

I cant wait to see it.

will clooney be his nazi sidekick :lol:

Inglorious Basterds!

August 21st

I'm not much of a Tarantino fan but I really want to see Brad Pitt under his direction. Intriguing combo to me.

Nostalghia - Andrei Tarkovsky

:o

I Fidanzati - Ermanno Olmi

Pierrot Le Fou - Jean-Luc Godard

Une femme est une femme - Jean-Luc Godard

Les Carabiniers - Jean-Luc Godard

Blindness - Fernando Mereilles

Fighting Elegy - Seijun Suzuki

Tsubaki Sanjuro - Akira Kurosawa

Well let's wiki 1963

-Quentin Tarantino, Elle MacPherson, Conan O'Brien, Jet Li, Johnny Depp, Helen Hunt, Doug Gilmour, Mike Myers, Phoebe Cates, Coolio, Randy Johnson and Brad Pitt were all born

-Robert Frost, JFK, C.S Lewis, Patsy Cline and Pope John XXIII all died

-Lawerence of Arabia won Best Picture

-Marvel releases the first ever X-Men book and introduces Iron Man

-Britain's "Big Freeze" begins

-The US Supreme Court rules that the poor must have lawyers

-Martin Luther King Jr. is arrested for parading without a permit

-Lester B. Pearson becomes the Prime Minister of Canada

-Coca-Cola debuts its first diet drink

-The first James Bond film to star Sean Connery debuts (Dr.No for anyone that didn't know)

-Fidel Castro visited the Soviet Union

-ZIP Codes are introduced in the US

-The Pro Football Hall of Fame opens in Canton, Ohio

-Laura Bush kills someone with her car

-A volcanic eruption under the sea near Iceland creates a new island, Surtsey.

-Walt Disney releases his second last film, The Sword in the Stone

August 21st

I'm not much of a Tarantino fan but I really want to see Brad Pitt under his direction. Intriguing combo to me.

I loved Pulp Fiction, One of my favorites. Another tarantino movie i thought was good was Four Rooms. You should definitely check it out. Well worth it! Of course, reservoir Dogs is excellent as well!

I am also curious to see Brad Pitt in a Tarantino movie!

Edited by Habsfan

90% for 136 reviews now.

Looks good, gotta go see it.

I'm going tomorrow. Reaction seems split right now. The few Potter fans I've talked to that have seen it already didn't like it but critics obviously adore it. I hated the last one but I'm getting the feeling I'll enjoy this one (because the fan complaints are really stupid)

Also in other nerdy news, the rumor that popped up last winter then died proved to be true and I couldn't be happier because I really wanted this to happen.

Natalie Portman casted in "Thor"

My hopes are high but it's probably going to suck. The 5th one was such an appalling movie (not just for an adaptation, as a stand alone film) that I can't expect very much. I am ready to cringe at the handling of the Lavender scenes. :(