Movies

habs_in_the_blood

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... I seen 3 great movies in the past week.

Man on Wire (2008) - James Marsh

Won the Oscar for Best Documentary last year. It's about a tight-rope walker that illegally crossed the abyss between the Twin Towers on a wire. Definitely going to go on my list of Top 10 Movies of the Decade.

Roger & Me (1989) - Michael Moore

Moore's first movie and possible his best. Documentary about the massive downsizing of General Motors. Moore ties it together with a loose narrative in which he tries to meet GM owner Roger Smith and convince him to come spend a day with him in Flint, Michigan and see what's become of all the workers he's had fired.

Diary of a Chambermaid (1964) - Luis Buñuel

There are maybe 3 movies made this decade that are even in the same league as this... Now my favourite Buñuel film, but I think I'll be watching The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie tomorrow so that may change.

Other good one I've seen recently: Far From Heaven (2002, by Todd Haynes) and Les Amants/The Lovers (1958, by Louis Malle).

We've changed Internet/digital TV/phone provider where I live and as part of the deal I got to pick 8 digital TV channels. I chose TCM as one of them. So far I've recorded A Day At the Circus (Marx Brothers) and Casablanca - I haven't seen either in ages.

Watched Zombieland and District 9 today.

Zombieland was really enjoyable.

District 9 was a little over hyped.... it's okay.

I've seen Zombieland I don't know how many times in the last month. It's not my favourite movie by any stretch but it's quickly becoming one of those movies I'll never get tired of watching.

Children of Men is awesome.

Weekend is awesome.

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie is awesome.

Hour of the Wolf is quite good.

The People vs Larry Flynt is quite good.

Palindromes is pretty good.

Edited by BTH

I've been to the Bell Centre yesterday for the premiere of Pour Toujours Les Canadiens.

Booffff, a family movie. The old footage is nice to see though.

Why did you pay for that anyway ? :lol:

/fixed

Have you seen this guy's other movies? One of the more interesting directors working today. Watch Welcome to the Dollhouse!

• 2 weeks later...

PT Anderson's set to make his next movie in 2010. Starring Philip Seymour Hoffman. Something to do with religion (man's need to believe in a higher power) and scientology.