Game Thread | Calgary Vs. Montreal | 10/17/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friggin pathetic game, I'm not watching the rest. Pisse me off too much.

I expect a lot better from NHL officials and a lot better from a NHL team (Calgary). Calgary play super dirty, I dont like them one bit.

Seeing the replay of the hit on Downey, and that definitely looked like a deliberate head shot to me.

No way, it was a solid hit and he was just finishing his check. If it has been the other way around, you'd be saying what a great hit it was by Downey. There was nothing wrong with that hit. Whats Reghr suppose to do? Crouch so his shoulder doesn't hit his head? I don't like that Downey was milked and has no idea where he is right now and will probably miss signifcant time, but that was a great hit. Scott Stevens like. LEts see Komiarek lay out somebody like that

ana1.png

anaA.png

1. Kovalev | A- | Wow did he ever have some great moments tonight. Kovalev regularly takes "games off" but today isn't one of them. You can just tell by how he skates around. He seems so alert and quick. I predict a goal by him in the second.

2. Komisarek | A | This guy just keeps impressing me. If he keeps progressing at this rate..

3. Huet | C+ | Blargh, the second goal was sloppy. Huet is usually good at positioning but that time he looked a bit slow. Can't fault him entirely though as the D slipped up a bit on that one.

4. Koivu | B+ | Another strong showing by our captain.

5. Souray | B | One or two slip-ups, including losing the puck during that power-play and a few other minor things, but his bullet-goal makes up for it.

6. Higgins | B+ | The Higgins train shows no signs of slowing down.

7. Bonk | A | Solid A for Bonk for showing a lot of improvement in face-offs, getting that great short-handed goal, etc. Keep it up Bonkster! Just watch the hooks, please. You can't do that anymore in the new NHL.

PK Unit | A+ | Asside from that one semi-lucky goal by the Flames, our PK unit was an absolute JOY to watch. Wow. I fully expect Montreal to keep the top PK unit spot for the rest of the season. (I must point out Calgary's PP unit was weak, they had trouble, but still.. Habs were on top of their game.)

Special mention | Did anyone notice Johnson/Komisarek swap sticks during a PK? Komisarek loses his stick, Johnson gives it to him, Johnson goes back later and picks up Komi's stick? The guys have great communication between themselves... nothing short of awesome! :)

This is Flames hockey and the boys are getting sucked into it. They have to be more disciplined and play their game, not Calgary's game.

Yeah, they are full of energy and they are getting fiesty. Goonin' it up.

2-2

Seeing the replay of the hit on Downey, and that definitely looked like a deliberate head shot to me.

I'm not so angry about that as I am with the little stuff that Calgary is getting away with. Where's those calls?

Downey will be fine. And now we can win this one on...

POMME DE TERRE

:hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

you can check on NHL.com, they post the stats every commercial break

What's the score?

Yeesh, every stat except that

Edited by Shu