John Kerry for US President!

puck7x

I love the conservative response whenever Bush has screwed up and it actually gets reported

" Oh, Its not that bad if only that nasty liberal media wouldnt exaggerate!"

The truth is that from 9/11 until now Bush has somehow evaded serious criticism like it was unpatriotic to say bad things about an incompetent, lying, ineffectual regime.

IF the media had done its job before the Iraq invasion and racheted up the pressure for real proof of WMD then maybe this mess would have been avoided. Failing that, perhaps the invasion could have been delayed so that they would have had time to develop an exit strategy.

Right now, the only terrorists in Iraq are Americans. Fighting against an occupying military does not make you a terrorist: it makes you a resistance fighter, a patriot.

Don't get me wrong, I freverently hope that Bin Laden and his ilk are erradicated from the face of the Earth, but the fiasco in Iraq does nothing to fight terror and everything to show Muslims that the USA will invent reasons to attack them and will show no mercy. As I said before Bin Laden must be happy that Georgie is causing so many new recruits to join the fold.

Take a look at the Gulf News www.gulfnews.com to get a idea of a relatively moderate view from the Arab world.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasn't someone saying dennis miller wasn't conservative? man you need to watch his show more often. i watched it for 5 minutes yestarday and it was disgusting. he went on about how the us needs to "make it a war again" and "flatten iraq with bombs".

his hatred and bigotry ranks right up there with limbaugh's, o'reilly's, and coluter's.

Originally posted by PMAC

Right now, the only terrorists in Iraq are Americans. Fighting against an occupying military does not make you a terrorist: it makes you a resistance fighter, a patriot.

It's funny

During WW2, French freedom fighters were called liberators

In this war, Iraqi freedom fighters are called terrorists

hmmmm, seems as though the right-wing media in the us is having their way with words again.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

It's funny

During WW2, French freedom fighters were called liberators

In this war, Iraqi freedom fighters are called terrorists

hmmmm, seems as though the right-wing media in the us is having their way with words again.

People who resort to car bombings are terrorists, plain and simple, no matter why they are doing it.

And how about that American soldier who got beheaded and was shown on TV in the Middle East. Isn't that even worse than torture? Why is there no outrage over this? I even heard one news anchor say that he got what he deserved. BS.

And I never said Dennis Miller was not a conservative, I just said I wasn't aware of it. I didn't even know he was into politics, I thought he was just a bad comedian. And from what I have read here, he is an idiot, not a conservative.

That was disgusting what happened, but IMO the US should never have been their in the first place. I knew once these tourtue pictures came out, that something horrible would happen to an American. The pictures of prisioner abuse will hurt the US more than anything, and IMO the more that come out, the more it helps John Kerry. Kinda reminds me of Carter and the Iranian hostage thing. It drove Carter out of office, and I think this is the scandal that'll drive Bush outta office.

And rightfully so. He has been covering this up for a long time. We all knew their was prisioner abuse in Guantonamo Bay (sp), and we knew Bush covered that up. Now it's come out that the Red Cross reported prisioner abuse as early as last October. So Bush acting all suprised and outraged is goofy. He and Dr.Stangelove knew about this and did nothing. One of them has to take the fall.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

IMO the US should never have been their in the first place.  

I was watching CBC last night and they had some US apologist from the National Post on spouting the usual right-wing reasons for the invasion and occupation of Iraq:

Saddam Hussein murdered thousands of political opponents and tens of thousands of members of ethnic minorities, repressed the population, and waged wars of aggression against Iran and Kuwait.

But before August 1990, Sadam Hussein was serving U.S. interests. It was during this period that his worst atrocities took place -- his invasion of Iran, his use of chemical weapons against both Iran and Iraqi Kurds, his Anfal campaign of slaughter against the Kurdish population. Again, not only did Washington refrain from denouncing him as a monster, it provided him with economic aid, military intelligence, diplomatic support, and equipment that could be (and presumably was) used for his weapons of mass destruction (WMD) programs. The National Security Archive at George Washington University in February 2003 published on the Web a series of declassified US documents detailing the US embrace of Saddam Hussein in the early 1980's, including the renewal of diplomatic relations that had been suspended since 1967.

The documents show that during this period of renewed US support for Saddam, he had invaded his Iran, had long-range nuclear aspirations that would "probably" include "an eventual nuclear weapon capability," harbored known terrorists in Baghdad, abused the human rights of his citizens, and possessed and used chemical weapons on Iranians and on the Kurds in his own country.

The US response was to renew ties, to provide intelligence and aid to ensure Iraq would not be defeated by Iran, and to send a high-level presidential envoy named Donald Rumsfeld to shake hands with Saddam (20 December 1983).

The declassified documents include the briefing materials and diplomatic reporting on two Rumsfeld trips to Baghdad, and decision directives signed by President Reagan that reveal the specific US priorities for the region: preserving access to oil, expanding US ability to project military power in the region, and protecting local allies from internal and external threats.

Connections between al Qaeda terrorists and Saddam Hussein's regime

One cannot prove the absence of connections, but Saddam Hussein's Ba'athist regime has been ruthlessly secular and has had no love for fundamentalist groups. Al Qaeda, for its part, considers its task the overthrow of all governments in the region that are insufficiently Islamic, and certainly Hussein's regime counts as such.

The US claims they do not need specific Security Council authorization to legally attack Iraq.

After the Gulf War, resolution 687 ‑‑ accepted by Iraq ‑‑ mandated the destruction of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. But nothing in that resolution authorized any use of force or the right of any individual state to determine Iraqi compliance.

A final U.S. argument is that Iraq remains in violation of some 1990 resolutions relating to Kuwaiti prisoners and property and thus can still be brought to account under resolution 678. But at the March 2002 Arab League Summit, every Arab state including Kuwait signed an all‑sided rapprochement with Iraq, including specific arrangements for the return of Kuwait's stolen National Archives and prisoner exchanges. Thus there is no legal basis for a U.S. attack on Iraq without explicit Security Council authorization.

That guy from the Post is an idiot. I've seen him before. Nothing but a Canadian hating, Bush-governemtn apologist.

Stuff like this has to make even the right right wingers wonder

Rumsfeld-Hussein.jpg

Rumsfeld and Hussein buddies. All these Bush supporters who do nothing but make excuses for anything and everything he does, they need to go back to school and learn some history.

Learn about how all weapons the US were after to disarm Iraq, were given to them by the US during the Iran/Iraq war.

Not to mention the gas that helped kill all those Kurds, was given to Iraq by... *drums*... Ronald Regan's admin.

So brace yourself, here is the reason for going to war:

1) WMD's. US had to disarm Iraq. The only WMD's Iraq has ever had was given by Regan's administration. So the US wanted Iraq to give up the WMD"S they gave them. Sounds like two kids fighting over an ice cream cone.

2) Liberation. Yep, Iraq needed to be liberated. Hussein gased his own people with gas provided by the US government. He torture his own people, much like the US soliders are doing now. He started a war with Iran for no reason. Now that one is too easy.

3) Terrorists. Iraq apprently has connections with Al Quada. Eventhough Hussein and bin Ladan are natural enemies. Bush's cowboy-like speech about "You're with us or against us" has to make one chuckle when they think about Saudi Arabia getting a free pass. I believe 13 of the 15 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia. Their is strong evidence that the Saudi royal family gave Al Quada millions in the past, and provided hospitality to bin Ladan. So they fund, harbour and train terrorists but get a free pass by mr. "you're with us, or against the terrorist". The hypocracy right there is mindboggling. And just for fun, I will not get into the connection between the bin Laden's and Bush's. You know, how Bush was in busniess with the bin Laden's in the 70's and how the old man was meeting with bin Laden's brother at the same time planes hit the WTC.

hypocracy at it's finest

tee hee

card-rumsfeld.jpg