So Friggin Fed Up...

cfposi

So I come home from work on saturday...very excited to catch the Habs-Sens game in HD on my new LCD TV. I subscribe to Rogers Super Sports Pack which entitles me to NHL Centre Ice. I sit down with my required beer and chips and find the channel labelled "NHL HOCKEY - Ottawa at Montreal". Here we go, I am psyched for the opening ceremony (always well done in Montreal). I hit the select button and what do I see?? BLOODY DON CHERRY talking about the upcoming Toronto-Calgary game. Ok...no big deal, I'm sure this will hcange to the advertised game once this numpty is done talking...ok, puck drops on the Toronto - Calgary game...Im getting worried now...it's 740...still no habs...WTF is GOING ON!!! Turns out, the 50$$ a month I pay for the "sports package" does not entitle me to see the games they advertise on the program guide, instead I need to sit throug a game I REALLY dont care about. To rub salt in the wounds, ALL the other games that were being shown were accurately labled and were shown as scheduled. BULLSH%T!!

Does anyone know if I can get RDS in HD in Ontario (Ottawa)? Is this possible, or is it only available in Quebec. I am trying to be a dedicated habs fan in Ontario, but these buggers at the cable companies are testing my patience!! At least if I get RDS HD, I KNOW I will get to see my games.

P.S. I eventually found the game on regular RDS, I enjoyed Sammy's first goal, too bad about the shoot-out.

:hlogo: GHG

wierd...I though I read on this forum that RDS is planning to show all this year's games in HD. Can someone confirm this?

wierd...I though I read on this forum that RDS is planning to show all this year's games in HD. Can someone confirm this?

maybe on RIS

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The NHL Centre Ice package should give you the option to buy the games for a specific team. Instead of getting all NHL games you should be able to order all Montreal Canadiens games. They could charge 1/2 the price of the total Centre Ice package and only have to show 1/14 of the total NHL games...admittedly, I don't know the fixed costs associated with television packages but I'm thinking that they would make more profit on that scheme AND the viewers would save some good dollars. Plus, they could associate which teams have better t.v. markets outside of their local area...which would help them market the game more effectively.

Edited by Zowpeb

It wont be a Cat fight its gonna be a beat down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry2:

you have more HW experience, I say you deserve It.

you have more HW experience, I say you deserve It.

I also asked HRK to make it for me, ao i think its 50% HRK 50% mine

RDS is not avaible in HD yet altough I hear they will show at least some games in HD next year

Doesnt matter for me as I find HD TVs to be a waste of money at their current price.

Just to compare....Here in Southern California, we pay $149 for just about (99.9%) every single game during the season plus the first three playoff rounds. Ducks & Kings games are blacked out but we get them on Fox anyway. OLN is now Versus and those 1 to 2 games/week we get to see on HD (and yes, unlike ESPN they do show some Canadian teams once in a while).................It's a great deal especially if you're a baseball fan as well, because Center Ice hockey uses the same channels as their sister baseball packet, so we also get all the baseball games (about 7 weeks worth) until the hockey finals start in June.

Edited by SoCalHab

I get RDS in P.E.I. as part of a French package thru my digitial cable. The approximately 10 french channels cost, in total, less than $5. We get all of the Montreal games on this channel. RDS as a stand alone channel was $2.50.

RDS doesn't have HD.

Montreal does not have an HD truck. The only HD truck is in Toronto (big surprise).

The only way to get Habs in HD are when they play Toronto (will be on CBC HD, since all Leaf games are), or when they are playing in the US arenas which have HD (many of them) AND the game is on TSN or Sportsnet.

For RDS to show them next year, they need to get an HD truck for the home games and get a HD channel in the Cable or Satellite lineup.

We have been lucky so far that the Philly game was in HD on TSN and the Habs/Leaf game was in HD.

It sure is hard to watch the SD channel on the big screen, especially with some of the additional compression they do on Expressvu.. Hurts the eyes!

I also asked HRK to make it for me, ao i think its 50% HRK 50% mine

My sincerest apologies...I will remove it immediately, I am new at the forum thing...didn't know that they were individually made. Once again, sorry, my bad!

:hlogo:

GHG