Did Anybody Buy Sumthing On Dell.ca?

hey guys!

my OLDIE laptop JUST died (amen!) and i'm planning to ge ta new one

i looked around but i think the best place to buy a good one is on dell.ca coz we can configurate it and prices are kinda good.

i'm wondering if it's a good choice or not?

if u already bought a laptop on dell.ca or dell.com or whatever, please tell me if u r satisfy with it?

hey guys!

my OLDIE laptop JUST died (amen!) and i'm planning to ge ta new one

i looked around but i think the best place to buy a good one is on dell.ca coz we can configurate it and prices are kinda good.

i'm wondering if it's a good choice or not?

if u already bought a laptop on dell.ca or dell.com or whatever, please tell me if u r satisfy with it?

ive never bought a laptop from dell, but Ive gotten some desktops through them and they have been very good.

A bunch of my friends at my school have dell and aside from some batery problems with a few of them, they have been pretty good i think.

I got my last laptop through best buy and it was really bad. It broke many of times (thankfully I had the extended warranty). Now this might just be a function of it having been a gateway, but I was very dissapointed. My laptop was got marked as a lemon (after 1.5 weeks of bestbuy deliberation) and I am picking up my new laptop this weekend (an HP Turion X2) and hopefully that will be good.

All distributors and manufacturers put out bad machines every once in a while so it might not be fair to judge best buy from the one rotten computer I got from them. I was very dissapointed with my service, however, and it seemed endemic (not just the Bloomington, IN) store.

I have had good experiences with Compaq (which is why I grabbed an HP as my replacement at best buy).

Sony's are generally quality machines and Toshibas have a good reputation in laptops. IBM laptops are considered quite reliable as well, I believe.

yeah i checked on bestbuy for laptops, those i *wanted* are like out of stock or too expensive haha

well i think i'll go with dell...

thanx guys :)

lol I really shouldn't be talking I've got an IBM Thinkpad I bought through my school at the time. Need a new hard drive though I think, I have no more disk space.

that's what crashed :P

i bought it from school back in 2001, ibm thinkpad with a pentium III

i think it's time to change huh? well, i have no choice since it's totally K.O. hahaha

I just got a Dell laptop off their website in March. I got the Inspiron E1505 and I love it. Widescreen display, plenty of memory, a TV tuner, among other things. Only problem I had was when I deleted a program I thought I didn't need, and it messed up the transfer of memory between the disc drive and the hard drive. Dell Tech support was great though, they sent me the software and a new disc drive, just in case my drive was defective. I do have their extended warranty, simply because I had trouble with the crappy Tangent (who?) I had to buy for college. It was garbage, but had great tech support, so I figured I might as well cover my bases with a nicer computer.

And don't worry about the batteries, as Pierre suggested. That's old news. They recalled the bad batteries months ago, so they are out of circulation.

ive never bought a laptop from dell, but Ive gotten some desktops through them and they have been very good.

A bunch of my friends at my school have dell and aside from some batery problems with a few of them, they have been pretty good i think.

I got my last laptop through best buy and it was really bad. It broke many of times (thankfully I had the extended warranty). Now this might just be a function of it having been a gateway, but I was very dissapointed. My laptop was got marked as a lemon (after 1.5 weeks of bestbuy deliberation) and I am picking up my new laptop this weekend (an HP Turion X2) and hopefully that will be good.

All distributors and manufacturers put out bad machines every once in a while so it might not be fair to judge best buy from the one rotten computer I got from them. I was very dissapointed with my service, however, and it seemed endemic (not just the Bloomington, IN) store.

I have had good experiences with Compaq (which is why I grabbed an HP as my replacement at best buy).

Sony's are generally quality machines and Toshibas have a good reputation in laptops. IBM laptops are considered quite reliable as well, I believe.

I have a Compaq Presario V2000. No complaints. :king:

my laptop is on its way to my door!!! :D

i'm now waiting for my DELL to ring up my door BELL :) :)

can't wait to receive it!!! aiyayayayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i hope that everything is going to be ok... like... as i wanted... *cross fingers***

Edited by bebehabs

a little late - but - i have a dell laptop - have had the same one for 3 years now - and i'm still satisfied. :)

only problem was the powerchord - but - then again, i wrap it up and stuff it in my briefcase - so - i might be partly the blame for needing a replacement :(

gl with it!