Woman Fined For Anti-bush Bumper Sticker In Georgia

Pierre the Great

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2006/1.../ap3095092.html

You go girl!

"DeKalb judge threw out the ticket in April because the state's lewd decal law that formed the basis for the ticket was ruled unconstitutional in 1990"

Sounds like the cops in Georgia need to let there political beliefs not get in the way of there duty of being a police officer.

You go girl!

"Money grabbing woman seeking attention" would've been a more appropriate headline. First off, I'm not stupid enough to mar my car with bumper stickers. Second, I'd just be happy that the justice system prevailed and the ticket was dismissed. But no, let's grab some attention, get some lawyers and sue somebody. Stupid litigious society.

Edited by huzer

well fine you can say that but she's bringing the crack down on free speech in this country put into the national spotlight now.

Remember the two denver area people who went to a bush rally in '04 who got kicked out of the event by the secret service because they had an 'anti war' sticker?

I remember that. I was at Breck, when that story started gaining steam.

well fine you can say that but she's bringing the crack down on free speech in this country put into the national spotlight now.

Remember the two denver area people who went to a bush rally in '04 who got kicked out of the event by the secret service because they had an 'anti war' sticker?

I remember that. I was at Breck, when that story started gaining steam.

There is no crackdown. Police were wrong, judge dismissed the ticket. She wants to profit from it.

Yes the police were wrong but the story would not be shown on tv if she hadn't sued. Thereby telling the rest of the country to watch out for cops now because they put political views ahead of there duty to protect the citzens.

If that's truly her motive, fine. Personally, I just think she's looking to profit from a rather idiotic situation. Not only that, but I have a boorish officer giving me crap, I would leave the end result up to a judge. Last thing I would do is make a contentious situation worse by confronting the officer. Let the justice system run it's course. That does not include sueing for emotional distress. Give me a flippin' break. Ideally, this suit would get tossed just as quickly as her ticket did.

Also, this is one incident in Georgia. I hardly doubt this is epedemic to the country as a whole. Personally, I find any bumper sticker tacky, but to each there own. People should get a ticket just for having them, period. Haha.

Edited by huzer