Kings interested in Garon?

puck7x

This rumour was going around earlier (last week) but I decided not to post about it here , now I hear that its being reported by another source (unknown who) ...

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nhl/request....ove=firstThread

Beleive it if you want to or not , but I read the original rumour on the letsgokings.com boards and the poster who started it is respected (and has been right before)

So what would you guys want in return (if the rumour is true?)

(Wait a minute.... Inside sources? Posts on a message-board? Makes predictions , has been right before? ... This sounds familar)

[Edited on 2003/5/25 by puck7x]

1 vs 1? for Garon ? humm.. i would say Lubomir Visnovsky

oh, that would be coooool! a komo-lubo duo !!!

since we have theo for years, we lose nothing, and we still have others capable goalies coming.

garon might be an interesting part of a package for a 1st line player

Originally posted by sakiqc

garon might be an interesting part of a package for a 1st line player

How about Garon for one of the :king:'s 1st round picks? (They have 3 of them) ...

How about Garon for one of the :king:'s 1st round picks? (They have 3 of them) ...

i know Garon is not a rookie, but i don't like trading a prospect for a draft pick.. maybe it reminds me the Mike Milbury trade (Luongo for Dipietro)...

would prefer someone who can help our team now

Garon and our 10th pick overall for all 3 of their first rounders. Load up on the prospects and let them grow like ottawa did...

hmm, very interesting

We could also make them take McKay or Traverse,

that would be sweet. We could get Bernier and a couple other prospects.

"Stupid is as stupid does.."

I've said that since half way through the season.

However, the only chance they'll take him is if we aquire the rights to Potvin in the trade. Which isn't a bad idea, mayb eget a draft pick in return.

No, they think Huet is their future, and while I'm all for Garon going to Kings, it won't happen.

A.) All three of their 1st rounders? ARE YOU (*&^ING KIDDING ME? If we had Roy in net, and we gave up Komisarek, Hossa and a 1st rounder for DiPietro, what would you say. I'd put Garon in Dipper's boat just because they will probably play the same amount of games next season. Dipper is untried, and we're not sure if he's the next Turco or the next Weekes.

They don't want McKay, and sure as hell don't want Traverse. Traverse will go to Hamilton next season, and don't be surprised if he does well there. McKay, well, I'll give him another season as 3rd/4th line RW. Maybe this season will be a turnaround.

And Lubomir Visnovsky, as much as you might like him, is just an offensive Bouillion with no physical side. I'd prefer Vishnevsky from Anaheim (even the commentators get them confused... Visnov, Vishnev, Sno, Shne, etc.)

But losing Garon for the rights to Potvin (he's a UFA) and a first rounder would go quite nicely. Even if it was 27th overall. Potvin might be old and shoddy, but there are teams looking for goalies still.

And Lubomir Visnovsky, as much as you might like him, is just an offensive Bouillion with no physical side. I'd prefer Vishnevsky from Anaheim (even the commentators get them confused... Visnov, Vishnev, Sno, Shne, etc.)  

yeah lol, i think i confused Vitaly Vishnevski with Lubomir Visnovsky... i was thinking about the dman with a solid-hitter reputation. Think it's vitaly, no ?

As much as I love Deader, he's not what we want.

I'd look at guys like Frolov, Armstrong, or a combination of Cammalerri, Aulin and Kuznetsov.

Some might be hard to pull away, but we're looking for a youth movement, and Deader will be gone within 5 years, retirement or concussion

Trading Garon is certainly a possibility... but I'd wait for one hell of an offer.

There's a real lack of quality goalies right now, we have two. And a good goalie with a paltry 1M$ salary is even more attractive... so let 'em pay through the nose.

And what the hell would we want with Potvin?.... we can find a more effective & cheaper backup anywhere.

I'd take a good young player plus one of their 1st rounders... or something along those lines.

Also force them to take on one of the untradeable players we presently have on the roster.

We don't need to make this deal, they do.

If not the Kings then someone else, a lot of teams need help between the pipes.

But I wouldn't mind hanging on to him either we can wait 3 years for a better offer if need be. :)

Remember that not one single team took a chance on him before he played. Sure he was tremendous for us, but how many young up-and-coming goalies have had little spurts of 3-4 great games in a row? What Garon did is show he has the potential, which isn't a rarety amongst nhl goalies.

Deadmarsh for Garon? No chance, not even close!

Even Visnovsky for Garon is a long shot, as players like Lubo are harder to find.

I'd be thrilled if we got a high pick for Garon. I just hope we don't let him rot behind Theo and have idiotic journalists go on a ''play Garon and screw Theo'' rant if Theo has 1 or 2 bad games...

Originally posted by Markov79

Remember that not one single team took a chance on him before he played. Sure he was tremendous for us, but how many young up-and-coming goalies have had little spurts of 3-4 great games in a row? What Garon did is show he has the potential, which isn't a rarety amongst nhl goalies.  

Deadmarsh for Garon? No chance, not even close!

Even Visnovsky for Garon is a long shot, as players like Lubo are harder to find.  

I'd be thrilled if we got a high pick for Garon. I just hope we don't let him rot behind Theo and have idiotic journalists go on a ''play Garon and screw Theo'' rant if Theo has 1 or 2 bad games...

the only reason why people are lamenting garon's lack of value is because of his waiver status earlier this season.....this shouldnt be taken too seriously......im sure AS had some sort of undertsanding with other GM's or else I highly doubt he would risk losing garon for nothing...

think about it...

:ghg::que::ghg::que::ghg:

Garon might be worth a young talented underachieving headcase.

Garon is NOT worth one of the league's best powerforward in his prime, injury prone or not.

Garon might be worth a late 1st-round/early 2nd round pick.

Remember this guys: Garon haven't dominated the AHL until this year (his 3rd in the pros); and haven't showed any consistency at the NHL level.

What has been raising Garon's value the most lately is coming out of Anaheim. Garon is a lot like Giguere: a big guy, a franchise goalie in juniors, a up-and-down AHLer and a late-bloomer at the NHL-level.

Teams looking at how Giguere or even Lalime finally panned out big after two teams gave up on them might look at Garon with different eyes than they did before.

The only reason I want Potvin is that he's a Quebecoisian (Quebecasion, Quebec...?) goalie who can be resigned for cheap if no-one wants him, and he's an older backup.

We don't need 2 young goalies, and there aren't that many teams who want to spare theirs (Brodeur? -Who else is old).

Potvin is capable enough to win us 10 of 15, maybe even 20 of 25 if Jose is rested/benched.

Garon hasn't proved himself yet, don't think he has.

I would like to give Garro a chance somewhere else, and West Conference is ideal (we played the Kings twice last season).

People don't realise that losing Garon would mean we'd need a goalie as a backup.

Michaud and Tarasov/Fichaud will be in Hamilton. We don't have any other goalies who will be good enough to back up Theodore competently. Mich and Tarasov are both inexperienced (Hamilton will improve them), but Fighaud's too old, and Fiset hasn't been under contract for a year now (I suggested trading Theodore and using Fichaud last summer as a joke. I've kept at it all year too. :D)

So losing Garon would only help us if we gained another goalie as backup.

Anyone thought about aquiring Jean-Michel Filiatrault in 3rd/4th round? Or Aaron Sorochan?

Here's a link: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/Stats/csbgoalie.php

They were both recommended by friends of mine, who happen to be scouts themselves (or whose cousins are scouts). And no, this isn't a HossaRules reccomendation. I am true to my word, and while I'm not saying we'll get them, they're worth looking at, even just for the future.

Originally posted by ch_nl

Didn't anyone see him at the world?

Yeah I did see him at the Worlds... very solid.

But LA has only him and Miller signed long-term, there's a reason for that.. they want to keep them. He won't be traded.

If Garon can't fetch a good player plus a high pick, I say we wait... no rush. Someone will end up paying in the next 3 years.

As for a backup replacement... one can be found anywhere. The key is that he be effective, cheap, and accept his role. Potvin is 0 for 3... so forget him.

I doubt Garon has much value right now in the NHL. I say we keep the kid for now. If Theo goes down, Garon will be there to back him up. If he looks good then, then his value will go up.

At some point, I believe we will have to make a choice between Theo and Garon, probably at the end of Theo's contract. If you thought he was hard to ink before, wait until then.

My guest is that we'll go with Garon and trade away Theo for some high first round picks and/or prospects. If Garon plays well this year and we have another "goalie controversy", it might even happen next summer.

I know this will anger all the Theo lovers out there, but I seriously dont think we'll see Theodore in the long term future of this team.