Ribeiro

brboo

Just going through some NHL players stats in a hockey pool i'm in, and was surprised to see Mike Ribeiro has 5 pts in 5 games. Pretty good stats if you ask me. But Even if he scores 80pts this year, I'm still glad he's gone.

he'll do really good in dallas.

He always plays on the first PP unit

he made 3 points in one game...and he's on the fourth line...hes razzling dazzling...in a month he'll be back to his on self...back to the "petit frais chier"

He skated hard to the net with his stick on the ice!

But with all the defense injuries the Canadiens have already suffered and his lackluster play in recent years still a good trade for the Canadiens.

yeah it was a nice goal too...too bad he didnt do that with us :P ...but im glad he his successfull over there

He did do that for us. While last year was an off season for Ribs, are you forgetting his pre-lockout season where he led the Habs in points.

As a habs, people always compared him to Koivu, but if you compared Ribs to other 2nd line centers in the league, his point production was very decent. Also consider that he rarely had decent wingers with him. When he had Kovy last season, his production picked up, but even then, he had a merry go round of left wingers, including Bulis, Dags, and other offensive nightmares. He also did pretty well with Ryder, who is just the kind of winger he needed.

Now I understand that Ribs was on the trading block for various reasons, but I think the trade was a mistake because we didn't get enough or the what we needed. I was hoping Riberio plus another would yield us an upgrade at center, not another defenseman. Time will tell, but I sure hope Gainey has a plan to upgrade us at center soon.

I don't care if that guy wins the Calder. He's a player that makes the other teams playing you want to hate you. He's like a Bertuzzi just without all the violence. He's a cheap artist pure and simple.

The Calder :?- :huh: (rookie of the year) :D

His goal was the GWG but who really cares!

I bet Plekanec will get around the same amout of points that Ribs did on the 2nd line and Pleks have better attitude.

I highly doubt it and so far, Ribs has a pretty big lead over Pleks. He is second on Dallas in points, playing on the 3rd and 2nd lines. He has produced a point per game and is plus 2. Not bad for someone we didn't think was worth a bag of pucks. :)

Ribs looks to be having a good year, which I predicted after seeing him in the presesason. He seems more intense and his work ethic (actually since late last season) has been much improved.

I really think the Habs walked away too soon. Not because Ribs is going to be a guy we don't want to trade, but because his value would have been much higher midway through this season.

Edited by brobin

Ribs has always been a good player. This should never have been questioned. The problem was that he didn't play well in this environment ... probably because the local franco media were trying to make him into something he wasn't ... better than Koivu. So naturally he had a chip on his shoulder.

This trade was good for both parties, MTL and Ribeiro. I hope he does do well. Infact I hope he does super well so those dumb a$$ journalists might think, WOW, this is how he can play when he isn't been dogged to death, or put on a pedestel. (But this may be asking too much.) And so Ribeiro may end up saving Latendress. But more likely the dumb a$$ journalists are to stupid and are thinking only of their own jobs, at any costs.

Ribeiro just isn't a player who was going to ever produce in Montreal, much like some of the players who have left the team in the past only to find success in other cities. Had Ribs stayed in Montreal, I'm sure everyone would be complaining about his play and poor attitude or something.

Honestly... why is it that everyone wants someone off the team, and then when they finally get their wish, they want to bring him back because he's doing so good elsewhere?

I'm not accusing anyone in particular, maybe some who wish he was back always liked him, but I'm sure there are a lot of folks out there who just flip a switch every 2 seconds. Stick to your guns, if you don't like him when he's on the team, then don't change your mind when he leaves.

I highly doubt it and so far, Ribs has a pretty big lead over Pleks. He is second on Dallas in points, playing on the 3rd and 2nd lines. He has produced a point per game and is plus 2. Not bad for someone we didn't think was worth a bag of pucks. :)

Ribs looks to be having a good year, which I predicted after seeing him in the presesason. He seems more intense and his work ethic (actually since late last season) has been much improved.

I really think the Habs walked away too soon. Not because Ribs is going to be a guy we don't want to trade, but because his value would have been much higher midway through this season.

I didnt say he would get as many points as Ribeiro would in the first 7 games this season... I said Pleks will get the same amount of points as Ribs DID when he played for us on the 2nd line.