Game Thread | Avalanche vs. Canadiens | 10/21/06

Spider-Man NL

avalanche_vert.jpgvrssign.gifcanadiens_vert.jpg

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

colorado50.gif3-2-2 : 8 Points (7th in the Western Conference)

montreal50.gif3-1-2 : 8 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Colorado

0198.gif# 60 Jose Theodore (2-2-1), 2.81 GAA, .902 Save%

Montreal

Abby2.jpg# 30 David Aebischer (2-1-0), 1.63 GAA, .944 Save%

Avalanche Roster
Link

Canadiens Roster
Link

13453.gifCanadienBall.jpg13454.gif

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson
Murray - Begin - Latendresse

13457.gif

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Rivet
Niinimaa - Streit

13455.gif
David Aebischer

Theofull.jpg

AbbynewMask.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& CBC.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Theo has more to prove than Abby tonight, which makes me nervous. If he has any of the old Theo in him at all we could be in big trouble tonight. Obviously I am hoping he falls flat on his face and we chase him within the 1st period.

it all depends on how the crowd will react tomorrow nite...

50% will boo him 50% will cheer for him...

same for brisebois... i guess...

and i think that montreal's crowd could make them choke :P

BUT, i'm sure both of them will put a lot of money of the *table* so their team mates could play more intense and help them win over the habs... abby will maybe do it too in our side... but his $ amount should be less than theo + brisebois...

oh well... it'll surely be a game to watch carefully!! and... i only care about the WIN~ GHG :)

too bad turgeon is injured or else we would've got a trio of habscast offs.

Missing the game tomorrow. :wall: thank god for VCRs

GO HABS GO

it's perezhogin time, baby !!!

Missing the game tomorrow. :wall: thank god for VCRs

HUH??? how dare u miss tomorrow's game?????????????????????

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Question from a poor habs-Loving Ontarian: How come we don't get Soiree du Hockey on Radio Canada (The French CBC) on Saturday nights anymore?

I remember last year, we used to get the games even though they were being broadcast on RDS, but this year, I haven't seen a single game on the French CBC on Saturday nights, just some movie and then that awful Karaoke show (La Fureur). Does anyone know if they're going to start airing the Habs games at all or if we've lost them forever?

Question from a poor habs-Loving Ontarian: How come we don't get Soiree du Hockey on Radio Canada (The French CBC) on Saturday nights anymore?

I remember last year, we used to get the games even though they were being broadcast on RDS, but this year, I haven't seen a single game on the French CBC on Saturday nights, just some movie and then that awful Karaoke show (La Fureur). Does anyone know if they're going to start airing the Habs games at all or if we've lost them forever?

I read something that said SRC no longer carried Saturday night habs games.

I really hope the Habs chase Theo!

GO :hlogo: GO! I will be missing part of this game, but will likely watch the first period and the second half of the third. Or should i just watch canadiens express? Decisions, decisions...

Has anybody heard for sure Abby getting starting assigment against Colorado?

YES

GO :hlogo: GO! I will be missing part of this game, but will likely watch the first period and the second half of the third. Or should i just watch canadiens express? Decisions, decisions...

YES

ill help you with your decision....and thanks me later...it's simple during the week-end theres no canadiens express...consider yourself warned

:) Go habs GO

this ones important

make a foll out of theo!

Fanny : la soirée du hockey is no more available on radio-canada (cbc's french version)

if u live in quebec province, then u'll have to get RDS

but if u live somewhere else in the rest of canada, then i know that they air it on saturday night! which means if u live in vancouver, toronto, or calgary, etc. and u get on ur radio-canada channel, u'll be able to watch it on saturday... but i can on;ly say that it works for people who are with bell expressvu

Edited by bebehabs

Fanny : la soirée du hockey is no more available on radio-canada (cbc's french version)

but if u live somewhere else in the rest of canada, then i know that they air it on saturday night! which means if u live in vancouver, toronto, or calgary, etc. and u get on ur radio-canada channel, u'll be able to watch it on saturday... but i can on;ly say that it works for people who are with bell expressvu

Thanks for the reply. I live in Ontario, but I don't have expressvu. Bummer.

Habs vs Colorado also available on starchoice channel 301.

Colorado @ Montreal available on Canal+ sport in sweden for my own personal DELIGHT!!!

LETS CRUSH THESE BASTARDS!!! THEY STOLE IT FROM USSSSS!!! (IT = Patrick Roy and Mike Keane) FILTHY LITTLE AVSSSSSS!!! LETS GIVE THEM TO HER.... (HER = the goalscoring hunger of our 2nd line)

ok... I know... it got out of hand but still... lets get this win.

Prediction:

AVS : 0

HABS: 4 (Kovalev 2, Plekanec, Higgins)

i hope they don't boo theo.

He did single handedly carry us to the playoffs one year. And it's not like he sucked on purpose for more money or anything. He tried his hardest. Nevertheless... i hope we destroy the avs

GO HABS GO

LEts get some positive thinking on the line... no matter who centres it.. as long as Sammy and Kovy get a goal each ... that line NEEDS AT LEAST 2 Goals to pass the grade tonight. in fact I dont think its too a test ... they Know Theo's weak spot(s) in any case thats why its a must 2 goals from that line not just Kovy on the PP 2 Goals 5 on 5 :clap: :hlogo:

Edited by CoRvInA

I think Habs will win, but Avs will be tough at first rolling of a big win against leafs

theo will either be very nervous ...or very determined....and i have no clue which will see...im hoping that habs will win this one 4-1 but problebly end a close game as usual...2-1 habs