Bonk Leaves Practice With Back Spasms

JMMR

yeah i hope he can get better by monday, he is having a great year and it wll mess up are line chemistry

thats no good. Didnt bonk have back troubles last year?

Let us hope it is nothing major...

Why didnt Begin or Streit skate today?

He had groin issues last year. Regardless, the Habs would call someone up to fill fourth line duties. Not Kostitsyn. Move Begin up between Zhog and Johnson would be the most logical solution.

He had groin issues last year. Regardless, the Habs would call someone up to fill fourth line duties. Not Kostitsyn. Move Begin up between Zhog and Johnson would be the most logical solution.

Nah! I think we should get Gainey to sign and insert our grizzled veteran "shorcat1" in Bonks spot. With all that posting he has done here he must be ready for the big club..... :D

The best center in the farm we have is Chipchura.

It would help our 4th line which is uselessat this time being, we get stuck all the time in the zone because our 4 line center Bégin is getting caught out of position while banging other team defensemen.

So if Bonk needs time off, play Johnson center with Perezhogin and Bégin at wings for 3third line.

Play Chipchura with Latendresse and Murray at wings for the 4th line.

This would at least proove one thing that Bégin cannot center a line but still be very valuable winger.

That Chipchura and Latendresse can develop a chemistry that we saw at training camp.

We'd need a center, so yeah, my guess would be Chipchura...

However, I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Lapierre get called up. I'm sure Murray could shift to center for a game or 2 if the injury to Bonk isn't that bad.

If Locke doesn't get the call, then I would predict Lapierre is the next likely candidate. Both can play centre, although the edge may go to Lapierre, who reportedly has a gritty, sandpaper like style that's well suited for the 4th line. Locke may be called up due to the fact he's in his 3rd season in Hamilton, and the Habs may want to see what he can do at the pro level. Both have had decent starts in Hamilton; after 5 games Locke leads the team with 5 points, and Lapierre is tied for second with 4. Chipchurra also has 4, but I have a feeling that the Habs braintrust do not want to call him up to the pros too soon.

Lapierre is a centre.