Game Thread | Sabres vs. Canadiens | 10/23/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so confident, the Sabers are the real deal, these guys have it all. I'm airing on the side of realism and predict....Sabers 5 - Habs 4. I do think it will be a nailbiter and close back and forth game.. to be completely honest I'm just hoping we can send it into OT and get a point out of the whole thing.

I know I'm going to be shit on but to be realistic, a point out of this would be a real bonus and something no other team seems to be able to do. These guys are much the same as us, they are getting better and better with every game, they seem to be gelling very well and to be honest they have more talent.

Now after saying all this I will still be severly pissed off if we lose and will certainly lose sleep tonight over a loss.

I'm not so confident, the Sabers are the real deal, these guys have it all. I'm airing on the side of realism and predict....Sabers 5 - Habs 4. I do think it will be a nailbiter and close back and forth game.. to be completely honest I'm just hoping we can send it into OT and get a point out of the whole thing.

I know I'm going to be shit on but to be realistic, a point out of this would be a real bonus and something no other team seems to be able to do. These guys are much the same as us, they are getting better and better with every game, they seem to be gelling very well and to be honest they have more talent.

Now after saying all this I will still be severly pissed off if we lose and will certainly lose sleep tonight over a loss.

i know your pain brother...but habs still have a chance to beat these guys....if they stop the first line and the line with vanek (who is a plus 12 btw) the habs will have a chance to win...thats where Bonk comes in...pray to god he his going to play tonight...we need him to shut down one of there scoring lines...at least...as i said before...this will be the habs toughest game so far!

...thats where Bonk comes in...pray to god he his going to play tonight...we need him to shut down one of there scoring lines...

How crazy is that statement???? The craziest thing about it is that I am beginning to think maybe it's true. I will be the first to admit I was all over Bonk last year and the off season I was leading the charge to trade him for a couple of bags of pucks but he has.......impressed this year. It is hard for me even to say, not that he has made his share of bonkisms but who hasen't defensively, besides Higgins and Koivu.

Here goes, I can't believe I'm saying this but, "Let's hope Bonk is healthy enough to play because we really need him tonight." Wow that was rough.

I'm not a infidel :(

I'm just hopelessly optimistic!!

:)

when i said infidele i meant it in a terrorist was...the way they say it about the americans...not in your habs loving way

lol...hey its early man...

Habs have the better PP and PK, so lets hope the Sabres get sloppy and take some penalties. I'm not holding my breath here, but it would be SOOO good if it was our Habs that kill that Buffalo winning streak. That would help the confidence even more and maybe....just maybe, might make us the top story on TSN over the leafs or the sens. Fingers crossed! GHG!!

I don't care how many wins Buffalo has strung together: this is a beatable team. Remember, we had them down 4-2 with 5 minutes left in the first game of the year. And that was IN Buffalo. Habs 5-3.

If anyone can beat the Sabres, it's the Habs. We had them on the ropes for most of that last game...just a collapes at the very end allowed them to come back. If the boys show the killer instinct they did against Jose, that won't happen again.

Anyone know who is starting for sure?

I would like a link if anyone has it!

Steve Begin replacing Bonk and Lapiere is replacing Begin on the Fourth line according to RDS,and rest of the line-up stays same.

Didn't realize this. It says in the fun facts section of the game preveiw... "Should the Canadiens win tonight they would pull back to a .500 record all time against the Sabres. Their current record is 89-90-31-4."

That settles it we gotta win tonight.