Bouillon done for the year?

markierung

SPECTOR'S MAILBAG.

"Jocelyn D" sends in the following on the Canadiens: "Pierre Rinfret just told on the tv show 110% (TQS) that he heard that Francis Bouillon will need another knee surgery. This means that he could not play this

season. He was expected to return on the ice around November or December.

This situation might lead to a trade for the Habs."

----------------------------------------------------

This is from Spector's site

if it's true, it's really bad news. I thought that bouillin was our best defensive d-man and pretty much our 2nd maybe 3rd best d-man overall. Not having him all year is going to be really tough.

The Ninimaa trade is looking smarter by the day

SPECTOR'S MAILBAG.

"Jocelyn D" sends in the following on the Canadiens: "Pierre Rinfret just told on the tv show 110% (TQS) that he heard that Francis Bouillon will need another knee surgery. This means that he could not play this

season. He was expected to return on the ice around November or December.

This situation might lead to a trade for the Habs."

pierre rinfret was the habs commentator on french radio few years ago and has a reputation to be josé theodore little witch( replace W by B) on that 110% he's one of the guys that have no credibility.

as for bouillon getting a surgery, it sucks but a better bouillon could come back in the playoffs.

"IF" it is true that he is out for most of the season, it could be the break Leetch was waiting for. Cube's 1.85 mill should cover that. Better yet a deal involving a younger #2 d-man coming this way.

I don't really like the idea of Leetch. We already have 6 guys including dandenault, that don't deserve to sit on the bench. And i think streit looks pretty good so far as a decent replacement. Leetch would only screw things up chemistry wise.

A guy who waits this long to sign a contract doesn't care about winning, he wants money. If he really cared about winning, he would have went to one of the premier cup contenders for a lot less money than what he's asking for.

i hope not, i really like the team we have. If a trade happens, i would only want one that brings an elite D-Man to the city.

I don't really like the idea of Leetch. We already have 6 guys including dandenault, that don't deserve to sit on the bench. And i think streit looks pretty good so far as a decent replacement. Leetch would only screw things up chemistry wise.

A guy who waits this long to sign a contract doesn't care about winning, he wants money. If he really cared about winning, he would have went to one of the premier cup contenders for a lot less money than what he's asking for.

This is probably true, but where as he has yet to be offered a contract, he will probably play great for whoever gives him a one year contract as he needs to find a gig next season also.

What killed Buffalo playoff run last year was a lack of defensive depth,

Lefties : Markov, Souray , Ninimaa,Streit ,Traverse, Coté ,Bouillon hurt

Right: Komisarek, Rivet , Dandenault

So what we miss a right defender back up :

Could Bob convince Eric Desjardins for one last run win Montréal ??

Anybody ??

What killed Buffalo playoff run last year was a lack of defensive depth,

Lefties : Markov, Souray , Ninimaa,Streit ,Traverse, Coté ,Bouillon hurt

Right: Komisarek, Rivet , Dandenault

So what we miss a right defender back up :

Could Bob convince Eric Desjardins for one last run win Montréal ??

Anybody ??

He already asked but Eric wanted to retire a Flyer. Maybe he'll change his mind but I doubt it.

Maybe Eric wanted to retire not because of age but more so he looked around the room and thought, "these guys are going to start the season 1-6-1, yeeesh."

Coté still hurt sprained knee date 20 september 4-6 weeks so he should be back in Hamilton soon. They really need him there.

Defenseman Corp of Hamilton

Traverse-O'byrne-Benoit-Roy??-Groulx??-Jancevski

Sso does Grabovski with separated shoulder Indefinite.

Too bad i was expecting some good from him. Hope he is back soon.

i hope not, i really like the team we have. If a trade happens, i would only want one that brings an elite D-Man to the city.

I would love to see them pick up a Dman and to be honest give up on Ninimma, I was in rare form when I was optimistic that Ninimma would return to his form of 01-02 but it doesn't look like it. He is exceptionally bad game and game out, the guy is not very good defensively or offensively, he is more of a liability than Streit I think. Leetch would be a welcome addition I think, he is still a solid defenseman, maybe he wouldn't put up the offensive numbers he used to but we don't need that anyway from him, we need a big defensive minded dman that can protect the zone better a' la Larry Robinson, plus he would be a great mentor for Komisarek.

If they could get him cheaper than the 1.8 he wants there could be huge upside to that signing.

The D core has alot more prblems then Niinimaa, he was fine with dandy. How about Markov's play. Rivet and Souray minus 7 or 8.

You are absolutely right, but I'm sure we both can agree that we are not trading Markov anytime soon. He is someone that Montreal will not give up on, and has shown signs of his talent from last year. Rivet is the same, he has always had lapses but overall he is a good 4th dman. Ninimma however has done absolutely nothing positive, I wouldn't even say he was good with Dandy. He is weak everywhere, in fact he makes Souray look like Niedemeyer. I realize our whole core is not the best, but you can't trade them all....but you can trade a some, and Niinimma is leading my list to go. Streit is playing better than him and he isn't draining 2+ million dollars out of cap space. I would unload him and pick up Leetch for even less $ than he makes, and he would be a significant improvement.

I just don't see the point in picking up anyone from Waivers or through a trade unless it is a marquee player. I hated the trade for Niinimaa because we could have picked up a draft pick instead and save room for a bigger name later-on. We SHOULD be doing what Buffalo has been doing for some time, developing from within. We are deep on offence within the organization, but not on D. We should be playing our reserve D's not signing has-beens.