Do you wish you were something else in life?

Pierre the Great

I'm still not sure yet, something to do with writing. I applied to Mount Royal's journalism program (and got accepted) but I felt journalism was too restrictive for me so I'm going to work and raise money and eventually attend U of C to get a degree in English which leaves with a lot more writing options. I think I'd most like to be an author though.

My ultimate goal is to own a cabin somewhere in the Rockies and just write. The rich guy that my dad knows (who I've mentioned before) owns a cabin just outside of Invermere, a small town in Southeastern BC. I'd love to get a place out there, beautiful scenery, very relaxed atmosphere and only 2 and half hours away from Calgary.

*GASP* Invermere is awesome. That would be an awesome life jetsniper.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, I know, I love that whole area. Cranbrook, Windemere, Invermere, Radium. It's so beautiful and peaceful out there.

Have you been out on Lake Windemere by Invermere at all recently?

No... but looking at pictures of it makes me want to!

No... but looking at pictures of it makes me want to!

Haha, yeah, it's just amazing. If you take a boat from Invermere and out onto the lake, the huuuuuge log cabin on your left is where I always stay. I'm not sure how far out it is but it's really not that hard to miss. The only bad part is the railway is on the other side of the like so it sucks at like 1. Not even the horn, the entire train echoes across the lake.

I've been there with a girl in high school I did nothing about. Liked her for grade 10, 11 and 12 and did nothing about it.

It really is a shitty feeling.

Welcome to my life, lol.

High School, freshman year: After dialing the number God knows how many times, I finally get the courage to call the girl I like to go to homecoming with me. She agrees and I'm quite excited. We get to the dance and I suddenly remember how much I despise dancing. I ended up basically standing around with my friend while our dates danced next to us. I did slow dances of course, but I couldn't muster enough damn courage to do anything else. I could tell what a bad time my date was having, she described the night as "nice," and I never had the stones to call her back after that.

High School, senior year: I get hooked up with a girl I didn't like at all, the friend of my best friend's girlfriend, whom I hate. I only went out with her so I could try and gain the courage to dance fast songs at a dance, so I'd be able to dance at prom. After going to my school's homecoming and hers, I never call her again, which I was fine with. When prom came, I asked out a girl I liked and we went. We went out a few times before that and we had a good time. Things seemed to be going well. The morning after prom, I was too lazy to get up for Mass, so I ended up going to evening Mass downtown, where I'd never been. On the way home, I was looking for a sign to get back to the freeway and I ran a red light, t-boning the car crossing the intersection. I wasn't myself for a few days after that, forgetting to call the girl, like you always should after a date. After a couple weeks it finally dawned on me, but by that time, I figured it was too late.

College, freshman and sophomore year: At the end of freshman year, I worked on a project with a girl from my education class. Since we were working together, we exchanged AIM names. That summer, I happened to check her away message and it was about Boy Meets World, one of my favorite shows back when I was in grade school. I sent a message about how awesome she was for liking the show, and we started talking quite a bit. I'd say we talked 3-4 times a week, sometimes well into the morning. I realized that I was starting to really like her and was excited that I finally had a prospect for a girlfriend. I decided to tell her that I liked her and ask her out once we got back to school. I did have the courage to ask her up to my room for a movie, but she was volunteering that night. By the next week, I found out she started dating somebody, a guy I already can't stand. That got me pretty bummed, I was so low I wrote two poems, and I hate poetry, haha. Towards the middle of the next semester, I found out she and her boyfriend had split up, so I was excited again. Unfortunately, by the time I heard about it, she had already started dating another guy. Now, she's married to that guy and I had to sing in the choir next to him at Mass, the choir which I originally joined so I would have a chance to spend more time with her. Oh, did I mention that she and I carpooled for student teaching my senior year?

So there it is, my pitiful excuse for a love life. I barely need two hands to count the dates I've been on. And right now, I don't even have anyone in sight to go after. Oh, and let's just say that I've never even been hit by a pitch or walked, if you get my drift.

No I don't disagree with you Doctor K, I know I'm only 20 and I have nothing to be sad about even though I've had a rough 14 or so years. Going through a lot of things normal kids don't usually go through nor do I want them to go through. I grew up fast so to speak. I know for a fact from what I've gone through if I wasn't strong emotionally I would have died along time ago. But guess what? I'm alive and kicking. I've gotten through the crap (almost) and I'm ready to move on.

My hatred of Saint Louis is because when I think of where I live I think of all the bad stuff that has happend to me in my 20 years so far. So when I get critized for hating missouri please just please just accept what I'm saying that its only coming from PTG and isn't the norm although I've met 20 people who feel the same. But most of those people share the same story as mine.

I just want to help people and not have them go through what I've gone through.

PTG ... sounds to me like your in the right spot :) From what I've read from you is that St. Louis is in desperate need of help, and you love and want to help people, it also seems that your very knowledgeable about politics ... sounds like a good recipe to get St. Louis out of the gutter to me ^_^

But if your seriously burnt out on your town ... then you've got to do what you've got to do brother :) Just don't forget that it was St Louis and all your past experiences that help make you the person you are today and you should be happy about that ... like you've said your young and healthy ... that's all that matters, that's the best foundation you could build on :) what you want to build on it is up to you ... it's your life brother ... make it your own and do the things your heart and soul desire. Remember you only get one turn in the game of live :)

Oh and one more thing brother ... get to know or become good friends with people that have been down the road that your traveling ... take this thread for example ... look at all the advice your getting from some really good people that have been though alot. Older people who have been though it are the best people that can help you with your plan. There's a difference in having "Friends" who are your age and "Mentors" the first help you enjoy life .. the second help you make the journey better :D

Welcome to my life, lol.

High School, freshman year: After dialing the number God knows how many times, I finally get the courage to call the girl I like to go to homecoming with me. She agrees and I'm quite excited. We get to the dance and I suddenly remember how much I despise dancing. I ended up basically standing around with my friend while our dates danced next to us. I did slow dances of course, but I couldn't muster enough damn courage to do anything else. I could tell what a bad time my date was having, she described the night as "nice," and I never had the stones to call her back after that.

High School, senior year: I get hooked up with a girl I didn't like at all, the friend of my best friend's girlfriend, whom I hate. I only went out with her so I could try and gain the courage to dance fast songs at a dance, so I'd be able to dance at prom. After going to my school's homecoming and hers, I never call her again, which I was fine with. When prom came, I asked out a girl I liked and we went. We went out a few times before that and we had a good time. Things seemed to be going well. The morning after prom, I was too lazy to get up for Mass, so I ended up going to evening Mass downtown, where I'd never been. On the way home, I was looking for a sign to get back to the freeway and I ran a red light, t-boning the car crossing the intersection. I wasn't myself for a few days after that, forgetting to call the girl, like you always should after a date. After a couple weeks it finally dawned on me, but by that time, I figured it was too late.

College, freshman and sophomore year: At the end of freshman year, I worked on a project with a girl from my education class. Since we were working together, we exchanged AIM names. That summer, I happened to check her away message and it was about Boy Meets World, one of my favorite shows back when I was in grade school. I sent a message about how awesome she was for liking the show, and we started talking quite a bit. I'd say we talked 3-4 times a week, sometimes well into the morning. I realized that I was starting to really like her and was excited that I finally had a prospect for a girlfriend. I decided to tell her that I liked her and ask her out once we got back to school. I did have the courage to ask her up to my room for a movie, but she was volunteering that night. By the next week, I found out she started dating somebody, a guy I already can't stand. That got me pretty bummed, I was so low I wrote two poems, and I hate poetry, haha. Towards the middle of the next semester, I found out she and her boyfriend had split up, so I was excited again. Unfortunately, by the time I heard about it, she had already started dating another guy. Now, she's married to that guy and I had to sing in the choir next to him at Mass, the choir which I originally joined so I would have a chance to spend more time with her. Oh, did I mention that she and I carpooled for student teaching my senior year?

So there it is, my pitiful excuse for a love life. I barely need two hands to count the dates I've been on. And right now, I don't even have anyone in sight to go after. Oh, and let's just say that I've never even been hit by a pitch or walked, if you get my drift.

Damn man, my condolences. I thought I had it bad.

The college one is what happened to me in my senior year of high school. After like, 2 years of liking this girl and dating all these other girls who were....shall we say, loose?...I thought I'd finally gotten the courage to ask her out. My best friend was friends with her so I started talking to him about it and he said she'd started dating someone. It turns out it was the total dick that I absolutely despised. I guess they broke up a month after grad but I have no idea where she is now.

I'm a believer in fate though so I just figure it wasn't meant to be.

I seem to attract older women, I guess they like to talk to me or I like to talk to them, who knows, can't stand my own age group. Anyway I end up liking them but of course they're in relationships and of course they throw the card of 'you're too young' at me. geesh. oh well atleast its somebody of the opposite sex to talk to atleast. Doesn't bother me as it used to anymore.

Somebody will come around for me one of these days. I'm too nice of a person. Maybe thats the problem, I'm too nice. lol! When girls have problems they come to me but thats it, it seems. I give them advice and they don't do what I tell them to do and make the same mistakes. ugh. When will they learn, oh well.

Parents tell me to wait for my age group to grow up. I'm like I'm not waiting another 5 or so years. And my parents should talk, my mom is 5 years older then my dad. lol. So the whole dating a girl in her mid 20's doesn't bother me. But I'm not in a point in my life where I can do that yet, got to get my life in order. Plus it doesn't help that I kinda hate my own kind, I don't know where this came from but I'm obessed with people coming from a different culture/background. Dating the next door white girl just doesn't do it for me. I guess it comes from my background.

I guess I'm making my life one giant political statement after another. I wish I'd stop it, but I can't its in my blood apparently. I'm always backlashing against my own family and there views.

I want to be the trailblazer in the family. I decided on that path along time ago so if I get kicked out of my family for liking asian girls/hispanic girls or dating a muslim/jewish/hindu/buddhist girl so be it.

I guess that explains my religious views. I was deeply religious up until a few years ago. Things just were put in motion to my move to the secular. You wouldn't believe it but I was a republican growing up, following the views of my family down in the country. Then I went to an inner city high school, my views drastically changed. I don't see it as changing more of like me waking up from this lie I was following most of my life and not listening and following the other side of the family.

So what if I'm the 'crazy cousin' I don't care anymore. My ties with them are pretty much severed now except for my best friend who is my cousin down there but we are like brothers.

PTG, has always wanted to be different. For example I spent 8hrs talking to a muslim girl at 24hr fitness through the night. When my family figured out I was gone the whole night they wondered what I was up to, I told them I was talking to this girl about life etc. But when I brought up that she was muslim, it went quiet.

Heck I've got more gay friends then straight friends. Don't know why but thats just the way it goes I guess. The persecuted coming together I guess. I went on this rowing trip with my rowing group last year to Chattanooga last year and I roomed with a 40 something gay guy who's an engineer for Boeing. When I said I shared a room with a gay guy again, silence.

Unbelievable society is sometimes, can't accept people as different. I can. I don't get how some people can't. I guess its my upbringing though. But again I was religious and was taught in church to embrace other people for being different. Yet now I see religious people do the opposite. Oh well I think thats wrong and goes against Jesus' teachings but then again I have a woman pastor, something a lot of people don't have.

I'm tired of religion being a male dominanted society. Its for everyone. It shouldn't be about someone being gay or being a woman. When someone goes to a place of worship they are there to pray to whomever they pray to, therefore whomever is leading the service shouldn't matter. After all Jesus' best friend was a prostitute.

Somebody will come around for me one of these days. I'm too nice of a person. Maybe thats the problem, I'm too nice. lol! When girls have problems they come to me but thats it, it seems. I give them advice and they don't do what I tell them to do and make the same mistakes. ugh. When will they learn, oh well.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell. Other than the group of guys I literally grew up with, all the rest of my friends are females. I resented that for a while, but have come to terms with it and am now quite happy with my role in the human social structure. As long as you're of the opinion that women are more than just an instrument to procreate with, then it's a really, really cool position to be in (IMO).

Edited by option+

yeah I still struggle with it sometimes because I haven't had a girlfriend yet but then again I haven't really tried because A) I don't want to (my stupid pact of not dating midwest girls) B) I'm not it for teenage crap of just getting drunk and screwing. Thats not me, never will be, aka i'm no alpha male who's got one thing on his mind. I find those people disgusting and yet girls my age tend to flock to those guys in droves. Why?

So basically I want something deeper not oh your hot lets hook up, crap. Thats being an addict in my opinion and then when the girls get older they still get stuck in the same habits and wonder why they are like this and get sad over being like that. For guys its like that one line in that movie with Matthew Mconahey where he says "best thing about teenage girls? I get older and they stay the same age" this predatorial instinct in guys must stop, I know too many girls how have been emotionally, physically, and life altering hurt because of men like that.