Do you wish you were something else in life?

Pierre the Great

yeah they give out loans. The Canada programs stuff though only applies to Canadians.

Are you sure? My roommate is from Germany and he has a student loan. Mind you, he's been in Canada for three years now, but still. It's a possibility.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure? My roommate is from Germany and he has a student loan. Mind you, he's been in Canada for three years now, but still. It's a possibility.

I think he has an International Scholarship, as i believe its an European thing. When you go study abroad you get it. My sister had it, and i know more people who got it!

Thats where the school that wants me is at Tacoma. The problem is I don't know if my family can pay the tution fees.

Just takes a little digging to find all of the scholarships/grants/loans that financial aid offices provide. Call the school, talk to the Financial Aid/Bursars office and have them send you some information. Worst case scenario is nothing applies, but what do you have to lose at this point? GSL (guaranteed student loans) are readily available. Definitely do yourself a favor and talk with a financial aid person at the school. Trust me, they will do all they can to put a package together for you. It's a business, they want your money, and can come up with an aid package through loans and grants that can get you in. It's just up to you if you want to do it.

Yeah it is up to me. Got to get the dumb high school stuff done first.

Yup, completely understand that. Try and be proactive though. You'll be done at Christmas, and already have the ball rolling for this school in Tacoma. Heck, I'm 35, and heading back to school to get another degree next fall. Things do have a way of working out, but you've got to be the catalyst. If you start thinking about this school, and start working towards attaining that goal, that will definitely help your outlook. That, and a Habs win of course. Ha. Student load debt is scary though...my exgf has nearly 250k in loans to pay back.

Yeah this school likes to have its students travel abroad. heck its almost mandatory. lol. I want to study in Norway university of Bergen? I think thats the city. Also want to visit the gulag in Poland that almost killed my grandmother and try to find my relatives in Hungary. But yeah once I look forward and not back I seem to gain confidence.

Yup, completely understand that. Try and be proactive though. You'll be done at Christmas, and already have the ball rolling for this school in Tacoma. Heck, I'm 35, and heading back to school to get another degree next fall. Things do have a way of working out, but you've got to be the catalyst. If you start thinking about this school, and start working towards attaining that goal, that will definitely help your outlook. That, and a Habs win of course. Ha. Student load debt is scary though...my exgf has nearly 250k in loans to pay back.

Almost in the same boat here. 29 and sorting through market studies and school programs to find out what I'll take up when I return to school. Student loans... Roughly 20% goes toward paying it back. But there's so many other vital and essential things to life than career and money than its no biggie.

Yeah I know I'm not worried about career but mainly about being with someone thats where the hurt comes from. For example I can't go to the mall because I'll run into couples. lol. Partly its my fault I refuse to date anyone in this area. Not my kind of girls and people. I basically want out of here and don't want to have something make me stay.

The other problem is that I'm sorta love sick for a girl in Vancouver, BC. See I've never had a girlfriend before and there's a giant hole in my heart because of the neglect. Hate going to family get togethers or places where families are present because my brain goes: "You can't have that PTG (as in family/love)". I cry a lot. The problem is this woman is 7 years older then me and has a long term boyfriend. Oh well, first girl that actually likes me as a friend can't be too bad right? Problem is when your best friend lives in another country you get lonely. ugh.

it's sounds simple but you should tell your brain to fck off once in a while, you seem to be using it too much.

like homer to his brain: " shut up or I'll stab you with a Q-tip !!!"

I see alot of matching common things with your story and mine.

I was twenty, kicked out of my dads place the year before, worked grave yard shift in a freakin walmart. never had a serious girlfriend before. I met this girl whom I fell in love with. she was moving out west so I moved along thinking I could set a decent relationship and since I didn't have anything to lose back home, I said to myself: why not ?? . we went to jasper alberta to work as maids in a hotel. after a month, I got fed up of her attitude and moved elsehwere in the city, changed job. never saw the girls afterward.

the fact was, when I changed hotel, little did I know that It was a big company(cp hotels) that had many hotels in canada. after a year, got my transfer back home. two months later I met this beautyful goddess and we've been going out for the past 7 years.

I wnet back to school the year after just to finish the courses I needed to get accepted in the program I wanted.

I graduated last may, the day after my 28 birthday !! I have some friends who graduated with me that are only 20 years old. I look back and I think I appreciate my diploma alot more than my friends for all the trouble I had to go thru..

so I guess I'm trying to say to just go where you want to be. ypu want to be in BC? fine, go!, you want to go in seattle, go !!

The worse mistake you could do is doing nothing cause you could end up age 40 and bitter towards yourself and life in general.

I know. Thanks Marky and Komi glad you found someone.

thanks !! do you want her. I could use some time off during the hockey season. :P I'll trade her for your bigass skates :lol:

seriously you'll find someone as long as you open your mind. my gf and I had little in common when we met but we tought eachother alot. hey it's been 7 years but now she knows that joe sakic plays for colorado !!

You need to teach her a little more I think.

Joe Sakic doesn't just play for Colorado. He plays for the best franchise in history. Ever!

:D

cough*no he's not*cough

I dunno there's that whole language barrier issue. :lol:

I'd be like what what? lol

Glad you're happy.

didn'T you say you want to take on some french ???

she needs to practice her english but she frenches good !!

there you go !!