Latendresse to 2nd line

JMMR

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like Kovy is not impressed with Pleks as his center either. So much so, he is volunteering to play center. If he can, I am all for it. We have plenty of wingers we can slot in, few choices at center.

The only other possibility I see is putting Bonk as the second line center.

SWEET TALK BY KOVALEV BUT CAN HE SKATE BACK TO HELP DEFENSE WHILE ALL HE IS DOING AT THE

MOMENT IS POSITIONNING HIMSELF TO SHOOT BECAUSE HE CAN'T SKATE.

IT DOES LOOK MORE AS A CALL FOR HELP TO MANAGEMENT BUT WHAT CAN THEY DO. CHICAGO IS

SHOPING FOR A CENTER SINCE HANDZUS IS HURT AND THE BEST OPTION THEY HAVE IS PERREAULT.

AGREED FOR ONE THING THOUGHT' PLEKANEK SHOUL FILL THE ROLE OF TH CENTER FOR A WHILE LET HIM PLAY IS GAME WAY WITH NO PRESSURE NO SCORE AND POINTS WILL COME.

MY MARKET SEARCH SAYS THAT REINPRECHT FROM PHOENIX WOULD BE OUR BEST OPTION BUT HE IS LISTED INDEFINITELY OUT FOR SHOULDER DISLOQUATION. OR ROENICK....JOKE.

SWEET TALK BY KOVALEV BUT CAN HE SKATE BACK TO HELP DEFENSE WHILE ALL HE IS DOING AT THE

MOMENT IS POSITIONNING HIMSELF TO SHOOT BECAUSE HE CAN'T SKATE.

IT DOES LOOK MORE AS A CALL FOR HELP TO MANAGEMENT BUT WHAT CAN THEY DO. CHICAGO IS

SHOPING FOR A CENTER SINCE HANDZUS IS HURT AND THE BEST OPTION THEY HAVE IS PERREAULT.

AGREED FOR ONE THING THOUGHT' PLEKANEK SHOUL FILL THE ROLE OF TH CENTER FOR A WHILE LET HIM PLAY IS GAME WAY WITH NO PRESSURE NO SCORE AND POINTS WILL COME.

MY MARKET SEARCH SAYS THAT REINPRECHT FROM PHOENIX WOULD BE OUR BEST OPTION BUT HE IS LISTED INDEFINITELY OUT FOR SHOULDER DISLOQUATION. OR ROENICK....JOKE.

Why are you shouting?!?!?! :blink:

yes! why not?? haha

u could have just modify ur previous thread instead of creating a new thread...

rds.ca reported that LATENDRESSE got the promotion to be on the second line along with kovy and plekanec!

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/215742.html

Interesting. I was actually thinking that if Kovy would be playing centre, that Sammy and Lats would be flanking him. Instead it looks like Plecky will remain as the centre.

With Sammy on the 4th line, I think they should seriously consider calling up Kosty and/or Grabs to form an offensive 4th line. It would be interesting.

For some reason I believe they are both nursing injuries.

Well i don't see anyone being called up for offense. 4 lines that can't play D isn't going to cut it. Right now the habs already have 2 lines like that.

I actually think Samsonov with Murray and Begin will help out that line alot. Samsonov likes to carry the puck, Murray and Beging don't. They all skate very well. Murray and Begin do the hard work in the corners, forechecking, etc.

Montreal Canadiens: Lines going into Thursday's game:

Forwards:

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Latendresse - Plekanec - Kovalev

Johnson - Bonk - Perezhogin

Samsonov - Begin - Murray

Downey (injured)

Defence:

Rivet - Souray

Markov - Niinimaa

Komisarek - Streit

Bouillon (injured), Mathieu Dandenault (injured)

Notes: Head coach Guy Carbonneau will put rookie Guillame Latendresse on the second line with Tomas Plekanec and Alex Kovalev on Thursday, while Sergei Samsonov is on the fourth line with Steve Begin and Garth Murray. Centre Radek Bonk skipped practice Tuesday because of back spasms, but the Habs are confident he will be ready to play Thursday night against the Boston Bruins. He suffered the same difficulties on his back over the weekend, but was still able to play on Monday against Buffalo.- RDS/Montreal Gazette

From TSN'S ICE CHIPS

Well i don't see anyone being called up for offense. 4 lines that can't play D isn't going to cut it. Right now the habs already have 2 lines like that.

I actually think Samsonov with Murray and Begin will help out that line alot. Samsonov likes to carry the puck, Murray and Beging don't. They all skate very well. Murray and Begin do the hard work in the corners, forechecking, etc.

Our 1st and 3rd lines can play defense. ;)

I agree that Murray and Begin will add that needed toughness, but at the same time, who's going to be shooting the puck? We need a sniper on that line.

well i was thinking they still wouldn't score much but they can control the puck more in the offensive zone. It will allow more balanced ice time to the 4 lines.

I was saying line 3 and currently don't play D. Before these changes. Time will tell.

I meant lines 2 and 4, sorry.

Plekanec sucks... He should be playing on the fourth line.

I believe the long term plans for Plekanec is 3rd line replacement for Bonk. The guy has talent.

Latendresse gets his big chance finally and I pray he bangs in a goal on his first shift. Samsonov should do well on the 4th line. I have been impressed with his solid back checking and hard work.

Kovalev is getting on my nerves a little bit this season so far. He is so lazy it is incredible. He works fairly hard in the offensive zone but if the puck gets turned over, he quits and slowly skates for the bench. Maybe he is the one who should be on the 4th line.

I think this is Latendress' chance to shine. If he does nothing he will be sent down to juniors for further development. Good idea by the staff if this is their goal. If he lights it up, great; if not, more reason to send him down.

I believe the long term plans for Plekanec is 3rd line replacement for Bonk. The guy has talent.

Well said. Plekanec could be a premier third line centre, but I fear he's a little bit out of his depth on the 2nd line.

Latendresse will do well on the second line. One of the reasons Samsonov-Plek-Kovalev was so ineffective was because nobody on that line went to the net consistently... most of the offense they generated was peripheral. Latendresse will do fine if he drives to the net and creates room for Plek and especially Kovalev to work.

With Sammy on the 4th line, I think they should seriously consider calling up Kosty and/or Grabs to form an offensive 4th line. It would be interesting.

YES YES YES! I completely agree. Begin-Kostitsyn-Samsonov could do some damage. Or even if they get Bonk to centre that line and put Begin up the third line, but it's probably ill-advised to break up Bonk-Johnson-Perezhogin.

Plekanec sucks... He should be playing on the fourth line.

Plex is great. Only guy on his line who gives an effort to be first on the puck and play D... not easy to center two wingers that like to skate in circles.

I think Kovalev got tired of Samsonov and decided he wanted Lats on his line, as simple as that. Whenever Lats got some time with them, oops! Kovalev suddenly looks interested.

Well said. Plekanec could be a premier third line centre, but I fear he's a little bit out of his depth on the 2nd line.

Latendresse will do well on the second line. One of the reasons Samsonov-Plek-Kovalev was so ineffective was because nobody on that line went to the net consistently... most of the offense they generated was peripheral. Latendresse will do fine if he drives to the net and creates room for Plek and especially Kovalev to work.

The 3rd line has Chipchura written all over it. Plekanec will entrench himself on one of the two lines in due time. He works hard, he's smart and responsible. His offense will come, I dont think anyone should worry about it. The whole 2nd line has had trouble clicking and its not just Plex's fault. They were a mismatch. Hopefully having a different type of player in Latendresse will create better chemistry amongst all three.

I wonder how Samsonov is going to take being demoted to the 4th line.

He played well last two games and now rewarded with this? Sucks for him.

I would have prefered Samsonov-Kovalev-Latendresse personally