Game Thread | Habs vs. Bruins | 10/26/06

Spider-Man NL

I think frustration is accumulating so much in Alex that eventually he's going to snap, go insane and score 5 goals in one night. I can see it coming. Until that happens though, yikes. :(

Hopefully against Toronto on Saturday. With a little left over rage for Ottawa on Tuesday.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what a game, sorry I was not on the GDT but I was enjoying the game with a few other Habs fans here at my house.

We had a great big hug and about 20 high fices when Markov scored, and upstairs on of my buddies (sens fan) was all over one of my house mates (leafs fan), the sens fan won 50$ or something like that on the home and home series.

Cataclaw, I believe you forgot to grade Mr. Komisarek on his worst night of this young season. Two giveaways that lead directly to goals. It was not a good night for him and he got lucky not getting called on the whole Kessel rush at the end.

I think he'll bounce back he's been too good this year, this was just an off night.

Frankly, I don't think we played as badly as some are making out. Based on 'canadiens express,' I saw a solid road game get derailed by penalties at the very end of the second and a third period played 'sur les talons' as a result. Niinimaa, dumb plays, especially the penalty, but he also stepped up in the rush a bit more. I think he's still finding his comfort zone, I wouldn't give up on him.

Komi made a couple of mistakes, but geez, he also logged what seemed to be a ton of ice time and made plenty of solid plays as well.

What we DID bring was opportunistic scoring and strong netminding - the classic keys to winning on the road.

Frankly, I don't think we played as badly as some are making out. Based on 'canadiens express,' I saw a solid road game get derailed by penalties at the very end of the second and a third period played 'sur les talons' as a result. Niinimaa, dumb plays, especially the penalty, but he also stepped up in the rush a bit more. I think he's still finding his comfort zone, I wouldn't give up on him.

Komi made a couple of mistakes, but geez, he also logged what seemed to be a ton of ice time and made plenty of solid plays as well.

What we DID bring was opportunistic scoring and strong netminding - the classic keys to winning on the road.

well i hope we crush the leafs on saturday...but ill be watching the game as a zombie..( halloween party)but most of people there are habs fans...so its going to be cool...as for the game tonight i agree with you Cataclaw but you forgot to mention samsonov...i think he had a great 1st period...but after that i think he really diflatuated...n e ways Huet was solid...can he be up to the challenge on saturday ? or will aebischer be the goalie?

Good game, I was relieved that Huet played well. A win's a win.

Absolute stupidity shown by Kovalev, Rivet and Ninimaa in terms of penalties though. Maybe someone should look up Michel Therrien in Pittsburgh and he can explain to them how arguing with referees gets you nowhere. Kovalev has got to stop being detriemental to the team - he's not producing offensively and now he's taking absolutely ######ed penalties for whining.

I can name quite a few Habs players that were worse. Regardless, the Habs win a game they should have won easily. They played poorly, and slide out of Boston with a pair of points.

Ninimma was absolutely terrible every shift, and Komi was brutal as well. I hope Kovy doesn't give up on the team, for some reason when he took his misconduct the first thought that went through my head was he did it on purpose to piss Carbo off. He is too smart of a player to make a mistake like that at a critical point in the game, I think he was trying to prove a point.

But in all seriousness, a disaster of a game in terms of discipline and giveaways, poor puck handling and lack of coordination. 1st line was sharp though, as usual. Niiiiniiiiimaaaa what the heck? F- tonight.

Anyway, a win's a win, even if it was damned ugly.

True a win is a win, but we have to thank our lucky stars for that one because we looked terrible. If you didn't know better you would have thought we were a 2-5 team. I think we should have came out and pounded them to build confidence, it is still early in the year but we seem to have a hard time getting up for the games we should be winning. Our two worst games this year have been this one and the loss to Chicago, which should have been romps. Very frustrating.

Well i thought it was another poor effort tonight. I'm glad they got 2 points out of the game but it was as exciting as the Chicago game. I beleive they had more penalties then hits. I thought Boston out worked them, out hit them and created far more opportunities. This team better wake up soon or the Sens are going to slap 7 or 8 on them too. Perhaps kovalev should move to the 4th line.

Good News:

2 points

1st and 3rd lines played well at times

Markov showed up for a change.

Huet was very solid

PP and PK solid again

Bad news:

Komi has caught turnoveritis that has plagued this D for years. (Hopefully it's a virus and will go away by Sat)

Kovalev / Rivet: Nice job with Leadership guys. Way to take stupid penalties and then complain about it. That is thinking of the team first, way to go. Honorable mention Niinimaa, what was that guy thinking?

This team is awfull 5 on 5. Do they know how to play Offense or Defense 5 on 5. It doesn't look like it.

Defense was turnover factory last night, it can't be due to Boston's incredible speed or forechecking. They are not that good.

I am very disappointed with the level of effort in the last several games.

I am also glad they somehow find a way to win.

Lol i love it Go Habs Go, I told everyone that Bruins will suck no matter what or who they changed. Once your team goes downhill getting Ufa's don't make your team better in year...espesially if they all from diff teams lol.

Atlanta best exampl same core for a long time and look at them now!

Having a trio of Lehtonen, Kovalchuk and Hossa/Heatley certainly doesn't hurt. :P

I came back from Boston this morning... What a game!

Although I was insulted all night long, it felt like we were more Habs fans than Bruins fans until they seemed to get annoyed and started making noise.

I even got to see Gainey walking in the streets... maybe coming back from his dinner with Samsonov's agent?

Ah. The bragging rights are mine - my Bruins fan friend has been pelted with insults all day. :lol:

Sucks for the Bruins though; 1 second longer and they would have atleast gotten a point.

I am very disappointed with the level of effort in the last several games.

I hear ya. They have been making me nervous and with all my experience being a fan, that's not a good thing and has never led to good things in the long run.

However, I am delighted on 2 fronts. I'm going to be paying attention to this detail tonight to see if it happens again. The first is they're pokechecking defensively quite tenaciously :clap:

As a result of this and good defensive play, their blueline is locked down solid :D Has anyone noticed that teams have had difficulty gaining Montreal's zone?

The problem is when the mistakes occur and the plan goes awry. Montreal has to work out the kinks and make better decisions throughout the entire game. They need lockdown for 60 minutes.

Watch for the magic of the pokes tonight. Carbonneau is to be credited for this IMO.

The second thing I like is our shot blocking ability. I am worried about back door plays and especially trying to clear the zone down low. Do they ever get clogged up.

Our special teams are clicking. Let's hope the room bonds now.

I love the lines too.

Line 1 needs no comment except for awesome.

Line 2 has Kovalev as a go to guy

Line 3 has Samsonov as a go to guy.

The supporting cast for these guys is awesome too. I have to mention Johnson :clap:

Bonk has never been better as an NHL'er - EVER!

I hope they work it out, but as time goes on the players are going to get better and better at playing Carbo's system.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

happy win for the canadiens... undeserved but happy.

i feel badly for the bruins... they didn't this outcome.

Go :hlogo: Go!