Samsonov pissed off

les_glorieux

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys this is bullcrappy Samsonov has 4 pts in 8 games. That is not a go to guy. He needs a little kick in the pants, Begin and Murray will show him the work ethic necessary. He is an immense talent but he is not Gretzky yet, maybe he can be another ak27 but he needs to work harder and we all know he can. Let Carbo do his coaching, he wants effort and energy every shift. Letandresse is not ready for this yet,but it is probably not a permanent thing at this stage of this season. BE A LITTLE PATIENT both habs fans and Samsonov

Well Samsonov is either saying he wants out or knows his play has been bad lately and needs to step it up.

Samsonov has a family here, it seems more like he's afraid that he'll no longer become a needed player.

I think there is a valid argument here, management said that they were at least going to give it a month before they make genuine judgements - even longer since Ribeiro's departure. But now he's been shoved to a line he has barely any experience playing with. And it shows that despite not having the hard points it's not from lack of trying. And if the problem is lack of production, why is it that they're not willing to keep Samsonov on the line considering he's been improving while Lats has had no point production but they're willing to put all the eggs in one basket? Potential? I have no idea.

Edited by jordi

I don't understand the freaking either. The second line should be on fire, It's not. What's it lacking? SIZE. If we had a big winger to go in the corners and dump guys on their butts, how much extra room would Kovy have to do his thing? Then that big winger gets in front of the net so Kovy can pick his corners. Oh wait a minute............We do have that big winger. LATENDRESSE!!!!! and he has proven he can flatten people to me, with his measely eight minutes a game.

Think hard for a second. Lats has a lot more to offer this line combination then Sammy does.

Carbo is brilliant!!!!!! That line is going to rock.

Now don't be surprised if Sammy gets the fourth line going aswell. You think Begin isn't going to create some room and time for the speedster. This is a good thing. It's about matching style of play not who's getting paid the most and how long they've been in the league. ROLL FOUR POWERFUL LINES.

I'm looking forward to this!!!!! :clap:

This is a very important test for Carbo as well as Samsonov. How well does he judge his talent? Does he understand his players' psyches (a crucial skill in the 'new NHL' of player mobility)? Can he afford to lose Sammy and (potentially) Kovalev?

Based on his track record, you have to think Guy knows his stuff. The Cup rings and the universal respect he enjoys in hockey say so. So: have faith.

Who's in a state of panic ?

The fan's werent,....the CH has only played 8 games and they are 4-2-2,.....the second line maybe could have produced more,....but it's a new role for the young Plek...and Samsonov is new in town,....both have been working hard so far and both have to composed with the talented but idiosyncratic Kovalev......in the end they have to work things out (with him) and among themselves......it takes time, patience and perseverance.....nobody was complaining, neither them nor the fans,.....but Carbo WAS it seems,....his solution = sending our newly acquired 3.5 millions UFA to play on the fourth line.....after 8 matches only into the season.

This is bad hockey management and bad management of human rescources......Samsonov is pissed off.....

no wonder....as it is an unfair and an innapropriate decision.

Last year we had our 2.5 million dollards man on the fourth line......retrograding Bonk from the third line to the fourth was decided but it took a few months of seeing his lazy ass out there before it happens.......it took

a long while for Bonk to be retrograded 1 line down.......the hard working Samsonov is retrograded 2 lines down after 8 games.....he is now our 3.5 millions dollards 4th liner,.....it' s insane.

Last year we had some 23 years old prospects that looked GOOD from the start playing in the new NHL and they all had deserved their promotion when the Bonks and the Zednicks where all playing waaayyyy bellow

expectations LATER in the season........... Samsonov is barely starting is first season with us and find himself in a situation that doesn't makes any sens to him.....he is a young veteran and seem's to be a very reasonable person....he felt what he said today, it's not good.....I dont blame him......there is something offensive and irrationnal in moving him 2 lines down......that this is done on the eve of his return on the Boston ice makes it worse on both equations.

This move by Carbo seems precipitated to say the least and pretty much nil in term of a long term plan......

the timing is awfull as well.

Edited by PB

I watched the Samsonov interview on TSN and he was absolutely pissed. I feel for him because I think he is playing hard, skating fast and at both ends of the ice.

I agree with the comments about that line needing a guy who always goes to the net. Samsonov and Kovalev are definitely not those guys. Plekanec might be but he seems to be a digger, a hard working corner guy.

Carbo is right in the idea that there is no other place for Samonov. It is the 2nd or 4th line.

Should be an interesting game tonight.

But he's basically sucked, so far. Four points in eight games is NOT the results you want from a player who defines himself as a 'go to guy.' If I were Carbo, I would see how he responds and then work to heal the hurt feelings - but at the same time, the man has to produce. End of story. A coach who gives underperformers 25 minutes of ice time per game is guaranteed to ice a losing squad.

True. If he is a 'go to guy' then he should get pissed and start to perform, as everybody knows this is not a permanant thing, he can work his way back to the 2nd line if he wants to. I think it is great that Carbo is not letting this line off the hook. They need to be accountable. I do believe that Kovy could have just as easily been demoted if not for the fear that he would walk out on the team.

Trading Ribs was a mistake.

I never want to see this quote again. Everybody wanted him gone. He is gone. Be happy. I don't care if he scores 50 goals in DAllas this year, just know that he wouldn't have if he stayed in Montreal. He just didn't fit into the lineup. No matter what, we are better without him.

If Sammy wants back on the 2nd line he should earn it, I dunno who is to blame for the 2nd lines lack of production this year, but I personally was always on edge whenever they were on the ice, especially on the power play.

Edited by bar

Zoiks. Ribeiro? The centre isn't the problem with that line, in fact it's the hardest working part most nights. Plex has created a lot that the two gomers haven't finished. Don't talk about goddam Ribeiro and his "superstar" abilities. Better a pile of rat turd instead of him - still higher team spirit and less division in the dressing room.

Ribeiro. *snorts* What a joke.

Wow, talk about letting personal hate colour your opinion. A rat turd? Get over it already.

Riberio has more offensive talent then Pleks, I don't think that is even debatable. I don't think anyone is suggesting we get Ribs back, the suggestion was that we should not have traded him until we had a better center then Ribs to take his spot. Pleks is not that center.

Regardless, Pleks is a huge problem. I don't know what games you are watching but he has not created many chances at all. He looks lost out there. He has 2 points. If that was Ribs, you would be talking about trading him for a bag of pucks, benching him, etc.

I never want to see this quote again. Everybody wanted him gone. He is gone. Be happy. I don't care if he scores 50 goals in DAllas this year, just know that he wouldn't have if he stayed in Montreal. He just didn't fit into the lineup. No matter what, we are better without him.

Everyone did not want him gone. So, you might see that quote again. :) I am sure you wanted him gone, but you and people on this board are not everyone.

Even people who did want him traded were expecting a move by Gainey to get a better center to replace him.

Now don't be surprised if Sammy gets the fourth line going aswell. You think Begin isn't going to create some room and time for the speedster. This is a good thing. It's about matching style of play not who's getting paid the most and how long they've been in the league. ROLL FOUR POWERFUL LINES.

I'm looking forward to this!!!!! :clap:

Amen ! Exactly !

The story so far is simple: lines 1 and 3 have been great, lines 2 and 4 have underperformed.

Latendresse didn't make the team because of his defensive skills, yet on the fourth line he's played with the fear of screwing up defensively. Ok, that's normal for a young rookie, and he's learning. Now he gets the opportunity to dig for the puck in the corners, go to the front of the net, let Kovy do his thing, and bang in some rebounds. I think Carbo has handled Lats very well so far, and that fans need to be patient. THE KID IS ONLY 19 !

Also, Begin has done squat. Samsonov might help him get things going and we may end up seeing four lines producing. This is a very good move by Carbo. It doesn't mean that it will work immediately, but it's certainly a move that is addressing the immediate concerns. It's a long season folks.

So much overraction for something THAT HASN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET!

The new "official" lines just trained together... haven't even played a goddamn period... And people are already panicking...

R-E-L-A-X

Amen Kozed. Just an experiment.

And Im not impressed at all by Sammy crying to the press. He's about as short sighted as some Habs fans.

Its a long season, injuries to one of the top 6 are inevitable, and the lines by necessity will need to adjust constantly. In today's game, the lines must be fluid.

....and if anyone thinks Kovalev doesnt have a hand in this, i have some propery adjacent to the brooklyn bridge you might be interested in.

Amen ! Exactly !

The story so far is simple: lines 1 and 3 have been great, lines 2 and 4 have underperformed.

Latendresse didn't make the team because of his defensive skills, yet on the fourth line he's played with the fear of screwing up defensively. Ok, that's normal for a young rookie, and he's learning. Now he gets the opportunity to dig for the puck in the corners, go to the front of the net, let Kovy do his thing, and bang in some rebounds. I think Carbo has handled Lats very well so far, and that fans need to be patient. THE KID IS ONLY 19 !

Also, Begin has done squat. Samsonov might help him get things going and we may end up seeing four lines producing. This is a very good move by Carbo. It doesn't mean that it will work immediately, but it's certainly a move that is addressing the immediate concerns. It's a long season folks.

As I said already, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sammy and Begin playing with one of Grav or Kosty. It would be like a mini-version of our 2nd line: Sammy = playmaker, Begin = grinder/hitter, Kosty/Grav = sniper. ^_^

Everyone did not want him gone. So, you might see that quote again. :) I am sure you wanted him gone, but you and people on this board are not everyone.

Even people who did want him traded were expecting a move by Gainey to get a better center to replace him.

'Everyone' is a generalization meaning that a vast majority. The guy was a pyriah in Montreal the last few years, sure if you want to be technical not everybody wanted him gone, but to be technical not everybody wanted Montreal to trade John Kordic for Russ Courtnall, and technically not everybody thought the Roy/Thibault trade was a bad move, but when you discuss these issues it is pretty safe to say "Everybody", which is what I was referring to here. But let me just be more clear then, a very large majority of Habs fans wanted Ribeiro to be playing in a different city this year. In fact their was a poll taken on another fan site and 89% of respondants wanted Montreal to trade him, now I can agree that in retrospect we might have been able to get more for him, but as long as he's gone we are a better team....I believe

'Everyone' is a generalization meaning that a vast majority. The guy was a pyriah in Montreal the last few years, sure if you want to be technical not everybody wanted him gone, but to be technical not everybody wanted Montreal to trade John Kordic for Russ Courtnall, and technically not everybody thought the Roy/Thibault trade was a bad move, but when you discuss these issues it is pretty safe to say "Everybody", which is what I was referring to here. But let me just be more clear then, a very large majority of Habs fans wanted Ribeiro to be playing in a different city this year. In fact their was a poll taken on another fan site and 89% of respondants wanted Montreal to trade him, now I can agree that in retrospect we might have been able to get more for him, but as long as he's gone we are a better team....I believe

This trade needed be done but it wasn't to please some outsiders on some Habs forum.....it was a classic

D versus forward NHL exchange based on two teams with opposite needs,.....Gainey just couldn't come to term with letting his team starting the season with Streit and Traverse as 6th and 7th D while Bouillon being out for an un-definite time........with Dandenault now out,....Streit would be acting as a 5th while Traverse would be on the ice as we speak......a situation avoided thanks to Bob's trading for a D.

Losing our second line center in order to compensate for Bouillon injury had the forseeable consequence of dilluting the scoring depth potentiel of our team for this season......had an outsider like Grabowski being brought in for a direct replacement......Plekanec and Bonk would still be doing great on their respective third and fourth line and our team's scoring depth wouldn't have been affected.

Solidifying our D has not come for free.......our scoring depth has been affected and our fourth and second lines are inneffective to Carbo,...he is allready planning to correct the situation making some

un-orthodoxe changes in the process......changes that could possibly spoiled the so called purified atmosphere of this Ribeiro free team.

The Niinimaa trade was necessary in the circumstances........but it changed the perspective of our present season.......pushing Carbo to gambled this early in the season,........not as confortable a ride as I had expected....but that's hockey I guess, with it's injurys, set-backs and all.

Edited by PB

Samsonov should just take a pill,Carbo is just putting a little fire under team plus he wants to see what Latendresse is going to do with more skilled players.Latendresse still has outside chance to be send down to qmjhl.

Jackass Todd is stealing my material!

I would also loved it one day to be quoted by Jack Todd......but Koivu aint bad either and I am glad

to read that his reactions in the Gazette where precisely, word for word, in line with what I had express somewhere here yesterday,...

'' a little more patience might be in order as eight games might not be enought time for Samsonov to adjust

to a new team and a new city '',.... Koivu.

''specially with Kovalev..that have people wondering if he can play with anyone''...Wow this is Todd himself duplicating my thought expressed here yesterday about Kovalev's idiosyncracies and the difficultys

inherent in adapting one's own playing to his own.........aahh Jack you made my day !

Edited by PB

Wow, talk about letting personal hate colour your opinion. A rat turd? Get over it already.

Riberio has more offensive talent then Pleks, I don't think that is even debatable. I don't think anyone is suggesting we get Ribs back, the suggestion was that we should not have traded him until we had a better center then Ribs to take his spot. Pleks is not that center.

Regardless, Pleks is a huge problem. I don't know what games you are watching but he has not created many chances at all. He looks lost out there. He has 2 points. If that was Ribs, you would be talking about trading him for a bag of pucks, benching him, etc.

Ribeiro was a cancer to the club, pure and simple. Ergo: turd. Plex isn't lost out there so much as the two Russkies are running in useless circles and being COMPLETE perimeter players. Plex is the only one on the line willing to dig anything loose. Perhaps he's less talented than Ribeiro - and he might even have less points than Ribby if the latter were still in Montreal and centering the two Russkies, however their plus minus would probably be well into the double digits negatively. At least Plex gives that line the tiniest bit of defensive awareness.

With Ribeiro? Addition by subtraction. I would have been happy with a rotting turd.

With respect, the idea that we should have traded Ribs for a 'better centre' is bizarre. WHY would a team give us a *better* centreman in return for a worse one? Would YOU trade Koivu for Ribeiro? Ribs MIGHT have been credibly packaged with a young player or with a defenceman (Souray?) in return for an upgrade at C, but that would have meant exactly that - giving up on (say) Kostityn or else leaving a massive hole on the blueline, in return for, say Damien Langkow. Gainey wisely added depth to a dangerously thin blueline and took gambles on our young talent to replace Ribs and on a player whose value might have been artificially depressed due to injuries last season. He made a realistic trade given the assets at his disposal.

The good news is that we have a winning record without getting anything from Kovalev or Samsonov. :clap:

But...does anyone know what's eating Kovalev? He's not seemed this out of it since he first got here. Has he soured on Montreal, or what?

Lazy, I don't know about that - I'd say 'moody' and ocassionally unmotivated. But in any case, I don't recall him having a stretch of eight games where he really never seemed interested (usually his bad spells are a string of 'off' shifts punctuated by a spectacular one, or lots of rushes and creativity but no results). Something seems to be putting him off. I guess the leading theory is that he dislikes puck-carrying linemates and thus resented Samsonov. Hopefully it's nothing more than that (although the idea of two of our 'stars' being at odds is regrettable and potentially cancerous).