Samsonov pissed off

les_glorieux

This thread went from Samsonov to yet another Ribeiro debate. Guess what folks, contrary to your short memories, it wasn't all Higgins-Koivu-Ryder last year, with Dags/Zednik/Etc-Ribeiro-Kovalev. Kovalev played a good deal of the year with Koivu before Gainey started changing lines around after Julien was let go. So you can't say "Last year when Ribs played with Kovalev, everyone was blaming Ribs for the defensive lapses...etc"

In short, get over it. Ribeiro is gone, he's in Dallas, and the Habs have the personnel that they have. I'm sick of the "I wish we had *insert player name* back", or think that YOU could have traded him for someone other than what our GM tried. Sheesh, this tired recycled crap is getting old. Habs fans aren't happy unless they can complain about something, apparently.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goodness people - it's less than 10 games into the season and people are claiming the Habs are worse off than they were last year?

The Habs are currently in 4th in their conference (have more points than Jersey who are in third thanks to a stupid setup!) and would be 3rd out west, yet people continue to carp incessantly on how things are wrong and the situation is beyond critical? You'd think they need to be brought back from the dead the way some people are reacting......

It is less than an 1/8th of the way through the year people - there have been some changes to the lineup that take time to sort out.

People make mistakes and have bad games over the course of the season - nobody plays a perfect season, just like nobody else is perfect in their job......

If you really stop to think about it before reacting then you have to admit the following factors should be taken into consideration when making an assesment - A new coach with new expectations and some different approaches; there are new players that need to find their place on the team; new line combos to sort out and a lot of other nuances that come with building a winner.

Some of the moves they made are transition moves - fill a gap sufficiently until the prospects you're grooming can do so, etc, etc...... so typical of the impatience we have in society we can't wait to see it happen? If you were a player looking at Montreal would you want to move into that environment, and risk running the wrath of all the so-called experts that are out there waiting to crucify you if you have a slow start, a few bad games or have trouble finding the right chemistry with your linemates? I would highly doubt it, especially when you could receive the same or more to go elsewhere with no pressure at all - somewhere where you can actually eat your meal with your family in peace at the local fast food joint, or go to the corner store without being hounded if you've had a bad game last night?

If the Habs are struggling in March then we have a right to wonder what is up, but these guys have shown they can skate with Buffalo(#1 overall) and compete as well. This is not a team that is in serious problems - see Philadelphia & Phoenix if you need to understand this concept better! They are up and coming, and will compete seriously within the next couple of years. Right now they are still building for that day.....

Give it a bit of thought after taking a deep breath people - 4th place and your still bitching?????? :angry::o

Edited by beliveau1

TSN, Sportsnet, CBC.. no French at all.

I never said that, ever. I said you make a deal for a top two center, then you can dump Ribs. Or you include Ribs PLUS others for a number two center. San Jose got Joe Thorton. Did they give up anything comparable? No, they gave us several lesser players for one good player.

Funny, last year when Ribs had to play with Kovy and (insert winger of your choice) and was a minus, it was all his fault. I notice Ribs is plus 3 in Dallas. :) I will also point out that Ribs had over 50 points last year, which was a BAD season for him. Pleks is on pace for around 18 points. so..no offense, no defense...

I think they are ruining Pleks, he should be playing as a defensive center and learning that role, which he will excel in. It is kind of like Bulis. As soon as he was on the top two lines trying to score, his defensive play tanked.

I have one word for you: playoffs.

Ribs = sucked. always will. soft.

I guess we just strive for excellence (jk :P). I think you are right, but I think there is a sense on this board that we have been pretty lucky as of late. I think that if we don't get line#2 rolling equal to line#1, then we will be shut down rather shortly. Other than that, I am excited at their play!

Word, beliveau1. We should start a thread about all the things going well so far this year...

If you read the post carefully - which I think you did, you probably noticed I never once said this was a bed of roses so far this year.

There have been some glitches and they may or may not hurt in the long run - only time will tell us for sure?

However my point is just what you suggested - all we ever hear on here is what is wrong with the Habs, and then we get a bunch of personal opinions from people who aren't in charge, and are on the outside looking in.

The Habs are 4th overall and doing so while struggling to find some corrections to problems that teams rebuilding are bound to have.

I'd love to start that thread - but I wonder why waste my time when everyone just wants to complain that we aren't 10-0, and in first place with absolutely no concerns ever.

Edited by beliveau1

Samsonov hasnt ruled out asking to be traded if things dont improve for him!

That's it! He's stepped out of line! Who the ###### does he think he is? this is the god damn Canadiens ... the Glorieux!.... in any case hopefully he will find whats inside of him otherwise we have more bait for a top Centerman!

My goodness people - it's less than 10 games into the season and people are claiming the Habs are worse off than they were last year?

The Habs are currently in 4th in their conference (have more points than Jersey who are in third thanks to a stupid setup!) and would be 3rd out west, yet people continue to carp incessantly on how things are wrong and the situation is beyond critical? You'd think they need to be brought back from the dead the way some people are reacting......

It is less than an 1/8th of the way through the year people - there have been some changes to the lineup that take time to sort out.

People make mistakes and have bad games over the course of the season - nobody plays a perfect season, just like nobody else is perfect in their job......

If you really stop to think about it before reacting then you have to admit the following factors should be taken into consideration when making an assesment - A new coach with new expectations and some different approaches; there are new players that need to find their place on the team; new line combos to sort out and a lot of other nuances that come with building a winner.

Some of the moves they made are transition moves - fill a gap sufficiently until the prospects you're grooming can do so, etc, etc...... so typical of the impatience we have in society we can't wait to see it happen? If you were a player looking at Montreal would you want to move into that environment, and risk running the wrath of all the so-called experts that are out there waiting to crucify you if you have a slow start, a few bad games or have trouble finding the right chemistry with your linemates? I would highly doubt it, especially when you could receive the same or more to go elsewhere with no pressure at all - somewhere where you can actually eat your meal with your family in peace at the local fast food joint, or go to the corner store without being hounded if you've had a bad game last night?

If the Habs are struggling in March then we have a right to wonder what is up, but these guys have shown they can skate with Buffalo(#1 overall) and compete as well. This is not a team that is in serious problems - see Philadelphia & Phoenix if you need to understand this concept better! They are up and coming, and will compete seriously within the next couple of years. Right now they are still building for that day.....

Give it a bit of thought after taking a deep breath people - 4th place and your still bitching?????? :angry::o

Great post :clap: you my friend are the voice of reason. I shudder to think what would be happening on this board if we had the same record as the Coyotes.

Great post :clap: you my friend are the voice of reason. I shudder to think what would be happening on this board if we had the same record as the Coyotes.

Thanks - compliment very much appreciated especially given the week I've just had!

Although I'm sure there are quite a few here who are probably thinking otherwise whenever I add my 1.5 cents worth?????

I was right bummed when I 1st heard Sammys comments. Disgruntled players are often Cancers to a team. However, given time, and seeing Carbos reaction, I think this could work out termendously in the Habs favour. Carbo is right about Kov and Samy not being compatable, both are similar style, and only require 1 player of that style/line.

Sammy playing with Bonk and Johnson could have brilliant results. Personally I'd play them to waste as much time as possible. Whenever the Habs are leading, primarily in the 3rd period play them heavily. They would be defensively sound enough that they shouldnt blow the game, and they are offensively dangerous enough to put the game away at the same time. Think about it, Sammy's infamous dipsy-doodles around, killing time, other teams players has to move out of position to go after him, leaving Bonk or Johnson open for a pass and a good scoring chance. :clap:

Ultimately I do think this will turn out to be a really good thing. Sammy/Bonk/Johnson have all scored 20+ goals/season so they could potentially get 60+ goals and would probably be the leagues most dangerous 3rd line. :hlogo: