Zhogs

umpalumpa55

Man...this guy has heart.

he is probably the only guy on the team that wouldnt bitch to the media if he is moved down lines...sent down or whatever. In my opinion...he has been one of the better forwards on the team since the start of the season, along with koivu, ryder, higgins, bonk, and johnson.

Even when demoted to the fourth line, he was working as hard as ever and controlling the puck in the offensive zone well. This guy is just too hard to contain...hes big...and fast which is a lethal combo.

Some ppl complain about his attitude...but hes gone through enough bullshit..and overcame it all my mind as he is showing he can be a force.

I have a feeling that is telling me that carbo didnt want samsonov to keep bitching...so he moved a player to the fourh line who would take it the best...and still have a smile on his face and play hard.

Personally...i would have kept the 3rd line as it was......amazing

Zhogs better not be on the fouth line against TOronto :angry: that being said...they will still whop TOs ass

Damn internet screwed up waht turned out to be a really long post, basically i said, i want to see Pepe wiht Kovy and Plex and Lats back on the fourth line next game.

Pepe and Plex great chemistry subtract Zednik and add Kovy, even better. Pepe and Kovy had nice chemistry early last year. Great speed dynamic playmaking and 2 guys (pepe and Kovy) underated for their strength.

If he isn't on the second line to start next game I will be shocked and disapointed and i would consider it a slap in the face to him.

I don't see where anyone has the right to complain. Put up or shut up. As far as Perezhogin/Higgins/etc being quiet and not complaining, well, if any player has any reason NOT to complain it's the youngsters. 1 or 2 years into your pro career and you're going to start complaining? Your ass would be outta town pretty quickly, whether it's to the minors or another team.

Once again, further proof of the ever fickle Montreal fan. Carbonneau calls out Perezhogin in the preseason, and threads on the forum pop up about trading him, sending him to the AHL, that he's a bust ...are all over the place. I think every trade proposition dreamt up by anyone here included him as a toss in.

Perezhogin has been reminding me of Maxim Afinegenov. It seems like he's finally put his game together and began using his speed to drive to the net. I wouldn't call him big though.

Perezhogin has been very good so far this year (how many posts has he hit now? Three? Four?), and that's good for him because this year hay have been his last chance to make an impression on Mr. Gainey. I personally interpreted that 1-year deal he signed in the off-season as a "put up or shut up" offer... and if he didn't produce, then he would be gone in the off season, to be replaced by Kostitsyn, Grabovsky or one of our other young forwards.

I'm personally glad Perezhogin is succeeding; I've been a big fan ever since I saw him play in the World Juniors for Russia.

Edited by option+

Perezhogin has been super agressive on the forecheck this season...and is taking some shots at the net. He's hit a couple of posts...but they're the kinds of shots that will go in eventually if he keeps taking them. I can see him being on the second line if he keeps skating as hard as he has been.

Perezhogin definitely turned around good. Last season he was often criticized for his lack of defensive responsibility but now he can hit, shoot, score (still waiting there :P) and fight the pucks off the corners.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got promoted to the 2nd line but I wouldn't want to break the good chemistry between him and Bonk and Johnson.

probably our best guy without a goal

and he's better than samsonov by far

I like Zhogs just as much as the next guy, but to say he's better than Sammy is laughable. Sammy is a great player just having a tough time adjusting to a new team. He will put it together soon.

Perezhogin can hit like a freight train.

Like I said before on another topic, I like Perezhogin and I'm looking forward to Kostitsyn coming up & do the same thing...

Go :hlogo: Go!

So, Zhogs got second line action and put up two points for his efforts. I never get to see games but I'm looking forward to his goal being posted on nhl.com - sounds like it was a spectacular individual effort.

I know it's only the first game that he's scored but does anyone feel like adding him in a trade now? For years we've bemoaned players who don't bring intensity and pride to their games, the pride that should come from wearing the CH on your chest.

Zhogs is the type of player we've cried for and nothing warms my heart more than seeing his effort converted into points in tonight's game.

So, Zhogs got second line action and put up two points for his efforts. I never get to see games but I'm looking forward to his goal being posted on nhl.com - sounds like it was a spectacular individual effort.

I know it's only the first game that he's scored but does anyone feel like adding him in a trade now? For years we've bemoaned players who don't bring intensity and pride to their games, the pride that should come from wearing the CH on your chest.

Zhogs is the type of player we've cried for and nothing warms my heart more than seeing his effort converted into points in tonight's game.

As we were talking about earlier, pretty fickle ... two games doesn't make a season or a career. Lets hold our load and not get all excited. This was, after all, his first goal of the season. If he keeps on getting points in bunches over the next 3-4 weeks then we will have something to get more than excited about.

As we were talking about earlier, pretty fickle ... two games doesn't make a season or a career. Lets hold our load and not get all excited. This was, after all, his first goal of the season. If he keeps on getting points in bunches over the next 3-4 weeks then we will have something to get more than excited about.

No fickleness here - I think my avatar speaks for itself.

If the kid puts in 100% every game and scores between 10-20 goals, I'll be happy. For some fans, points are all that matter. Pierre Turgeon put up some decent points for ONE season but when it came to being a team leader, what happened? I'll let history do the talking.

Habs had a bad habit of trading those team guys who put the team first and gave their best every night (I'm looking at Mike Keane right now). All I'm saying is it's great to see his effort translated into points. Helps when you have offensively-minded players by your side as well.

He has played amazing all SEASON LONG EVERY SINGLE GAME HE HAS BEEN ONE OF THE CANADIENS BEST 5 FORWARDS. All the while playing less then 10 minutes most nights.

-he added 10 pounds in the offseason and he kept his blazing speed

-his weight has also helped his physical game both in hitting as well as winning battles for the puck.

I haven't really changed my mind about Zhog. I wasn't one who wanted him traded, but I also dont expect him to become a 1st liner somewhere down the road.

I like that he took a step up from last season, getting more involved and being more consistent. I think the next step for him would be to take a little more charge, be more of a go-to guy. He's got a great shot and should use it more.

One of the reason the 1st line is doing so well is because goals can come from either wings. After that, er... not so much. Having a LW like Zhog starts burying more chances and turn into a consistent goal scorer would add a whole new dimension to the Habs offense.

He has played amazing all SEASON LONG EVERY SINGLE GAME HE HAS BEEN ONE OF THE CANADIENS BEST 5 FORWARDS. All the while playing less then 10 minutes most nights.

-he added 10 pounds in the offseason and he kept his blazing speed

-his weight has also helped his physical game both in hitting as well as winning battles for the puck.

Yes, but has he proven himself as being a lock on second line player. Court is still out. First game was good, but lets see if he can keep it up, and how he meshes with his line mates.

Yeah is it a possibility to play with lines like

2nd line: Perezhogin - Kovalev - Samsonov (random order)

-i think there was a time yesterday they did (only saw the recap on nhl.com)

3rd line: Plekanec - Bonk - Johnson (think that could be a very good line to with good defense and scoring ability's)