Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Habs | 10/28/06

Spider-Man NL

OUr D is TERRIBLE

RIVET and Niinimaa need to go back to junior....I haven't seen such bad D in years. Rivet misplays the puck more than any D man I've seen... Sure the goal wasn't a great one...but Rivet has got to clear that, there shouldn't even be a chance.

Rivet is only slightly better than Niinimaa so far this year. Habs look lost out there.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm listening to Yvon Pedneault calling his great godly words of wisdom from on high.

It must be nice to be able to critically comment on what you can't do yourself.

Go :hlogo: Go!

If we're going to take all these penalties make them good one's at least, knock them down/hit them hard........... enough of these lazy stick penalties...

GUY, THROW A ######IN' CHAIR OR SOMETHING! Huet coming in for the 2nd? Abby looked lost as well, looking for the puck, down early...

Janne Ninimaa's been quite poor defensively. Him, Streit and Begin all looked like deer lost in the headlights when Tucker came up and stole that rebound from them and set up that goal from Kaberle.

Aebsicher's looking ok, Montreal really has to work on their defensive game. They're losing all the battles for the pucks, losing the battles on the boards right now.

The Leafs are pissed and the Canadiens are coasting.

terrible, terrible period.

Crud happens. B)

Guy and Kirk better be ripping the guys a new one in the locker room right now. They also need to stop F***ing with the lines. If you're taking Lats off of the second put him on the 4th not on the third...Pepe is rotting down there on teh 4th.

I'm seriously starting to question what is going on with Lats, he has a good hit here or there but does nothing else, a fourth liner at this point, enough is enough. The coaching is starting to get on my nerves.

It's only slightly better than it was in Boston.. Definitively enough to win against a decent team like the Leafs. So far they deserve the iwn 100x more than the Habs

You should see Don Cherry... his suit is pretty conservative for him but he's got a tie with a blinky button on it.

The blinking goes around in circles in a certain section of the tie.

I enjoy him... I find he's way so much more sedate than he used to be... less fun to watch...

Tough period for the Habs to get going... Their laziness so far either ends up with a penalty, a goal against, or both...

Show some hussle, and the breaks will go our way... It's freakin' Aubin for heavenssakes!

Guy and Kirk better be ripping the guys a new one in the locker room right now. They also need to stop F***ing with the lines. If you're taking Lats off of the second put him on the 4th not on the third...Pepe is rotting down there on teh 4th.

I'm seriously starting to question what is going on with Lats, he has a good hit here or there but does nothing else, a fourth liner at this point, enough is enough. The coaching is starting to get on my nerves.

I hear ya - Carbo has done nothing to impress me. Team has no fire, is making tactical mistakes, and even going away from the hot goalie. I'm not a fan so far. This team needs help. The 5-2-2 record is misleading.

Isn't it easy to sit here and criticize, though?

I hear ya - Carbo has done nothing to impress me. Team has no fire, is making tactical mistakes, and even going away from the hot goalie. I'm not a fan so far. This team needs help. The 5-2-2 record is misleading.

Isn't it easy to sit here and criticize, though?

yes it is very easy to do... i appreciate and applaud you :clap: for recognizing that fact. It gives a healthy balance to your comments. :clap::clap::clap:

Don.... typical small-minded Ontario guy.

Calling Darcy Tucker 5'9" and 160lbs. to defend him from Chris Neil - and then taking cheapshots at Neil. Worst thing about Don is that his wife is no longer around to tell him he's a grade A a**hole.

Really? :(

He looked that way to me. He was kneeling down in front of Aebischer on the third goal. Maybe he's feeling the same pressure that Kovalev and Samsonov are feeling to get the second line going. Maybe he's realizing he's not yet a second line player. At least he's got 40 minutes to put it together again.

Bernard Shaw is famous for saying: "Those who can, do... those who can't, teach".

It makes for a funny line (as a teacher I can appreciate the humour) but had he been around today, he might more likely have said:

"Those who can, do... those who can't become overweight sports commentators".

Edited by shortcat1