from russia with love

PB

It was pretty neat watching big Kovy taking those face-offs towards the last part of the game and am looking

forwards to see those three comrades in action again.

'' They gave us a point tonight, I will not brake that line ovbiously ''....Carbo.

Edited by PB

It was pretty neat watching big Kovy taking those face-offs towards the last part of the game and am looking

forwards to see those three comrades in action again.

'' They gave us a point tonight, I will not brake that line ovbiously ''....Carbo.

Carbonneau has lied before when Perezhogin got a breif stint on the line earlier in the year during the thir period, the following game Perezogin was right back with Bonk and Johnson.

I hope this time it is the truth Kovalev should be a centre and his face-off ability should be alright after a few lessons with Guy and Kirk.

If this line resonates for longer than a game then we could have a potent 1-2 offensive punch, with a great shut won line. However, our 4th line will still need some work. I'd like to see this line developed into a third offensive line.

“The results speak for themselves,” said head coach Guy Carbonneau. “After seeing how hard that line worked and the way they followed our game plan to earn us a point tonight, it’s going to be tough for me to try to tell them that they won’t be playing together next game.”

This quote sounds intentionally confusing, or maybe I'm just analysing it too much. He's not leaving out the possibility of splitting them up - he'll just say it's going to be hard for him.

Yeah... for a long time (and still too) that was my favourite James Bond movie. I still found it more fun than Goldfinger... which was considered pretty well the best one at the time.

Keep in mind that, at the time, I was a hormonally raging new adolescent and that movie was made for guys like me. Daniella Bianchi was very pleasant to my eyes and warmth to my...

By the way... I know that this isn't about the movie but what the heck... it's worth commenting on it.

As to the Russian line... I can only hope that this'll be a viable answer for our team. It would be neat... very neat... :)

Go :hlogo: Go!

Edited by shortcat1

I was actually going to bring up the idea of moving Kovalev to center before last night. After every game I check the stats in the Gazette and Kovy usually ends up taking 1 or 2 faceoffs per game (if the ref kicks Plekanec out, or something) and as far as I can remember he's gone either 1/1 or 2/2 every single game. Not 1 loss.

Anyway, this'll be an interesting line.

I was actually going to bring up the idea of moving Kovalev to center before last night. After every game I check the stats in the Gazette and Kovy usually ends up taking 1 or 2 faceoffs per game (if the ref kicks Plekanec out, or something) and as far as I can remember he's gone either 1/1 or 2/2 every single game. Not 1 loss.

Anyway, this'll be an interesting line.

If Carbonneau sticks with it. I expect he will. It does have some great possibilities. Speed & skill. Selfishness may kill it though.

If Carbonneau sticks with it. I expect he will. It does have some great possibilities. Speed & skill. Selfishness may kill it though.

Selfishness ?

Puck relay, awareness of the open man and passing skills are the bread and butter of those multi-talented

players, specially Samsonov and Kovalev..........if anything, they will be asked to shoot more often and will be asked to be less reticent about using that most individualistic act in the game.

Those players love to use ALL of the possibilitys created by being 5 on the ice and to generate creative collective scoring chances.......to see this unravelling is one of the reason that keep me watching hockey.

The right handed Samsonov playing the left wing while being paired with another off winger in Zhogin is a more traditionnal way to play the game in Europe and should add some extra scoring efficiency to that line.

I, for one, am excited to see this line get an extended run. It's no secret that I'm a huge Perezhogin supporter, I'm excited to see him get some extended time with skill guys (no offense to Bonk and Johnson). Hopefully this line blows up.

I, for one, am excited to see this line get an extended run. It's no secret that I'm a huge Perezhogin supporter, I'm excited to see him get some extended time with skill guys (no offense to Bonk and Johnson). Hopefully this line blows up.

I,m also glad to think that plekanec could go back on the third line playin with bonk and johnson. I can see chemistry building up real fast.

Kovalev looks to be built like a Centre.

This Russian line could be really dangerous

i'm sure Carbo can teach him to win a face off

I assume it would be plek playing with Johnson's Bonkers

Just a technicality but Perezhogin is Kazak so its not really an "all russian" line.

How about his goal last night tho. You could see that one coming for the past couple games...

i for one was glad that Samsonov step is game a notch or two...now as for the kovalev thing i have mentionned often on this board before...even last year i mentionned that the kovster should try to play center...heck when he won the cup he was center....i think that line his going to kill...pair that with a markov and streit on the blue line...and watch it....good times are coming up....and kudos to perezhogin highlight reel goal!

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

i believe Plekanec will be on the 4th line with Bégin on the wing and Latendresse on the 3rd line...

I feel sorry for Pleky though :(

Not necessarily. I still think that once Kostitsyn is healthy, he'll be called up and the 4th line will become more offensively-oriented and will get a respectable amount of ice time.

Just a technicality but Perezhogin is Kazak so its not really an "all russian" line.

How about his goal last night tho. You could see that one coming for the past couple games...

How's about an all post soviet line...?

Evgeni Nabokov is Kazakh but it didn't stop him from competing for Russia in the olympics.

Perezhogin has also played for the Russian national squad.

How's about an all post soviet line...?

One problem, Pleks is an ex-Soviet as well. :P

Perezhogin has also played for the Russian national squad.

One problem, Pleks is an ex-Soviet as well. :P

That's not a problem... it's the solution.

They're all post-soviets.

The title is stupid anyway... just suggested for fun.

That's not a problem... it's the solution.

They're all post-soviets.

The title is stupid anyway... just suggested for fun.

What I meant was that the original second line could have been called as such as well.

But how about the "All Russian-speaking Line?" :king: