HabsWorld Member Map

Some of you asked that we put a world map back. We used to have one in the previous version of the forum. I've just setted up a new and better one.. it's a Google map! The link is in the footer of the forum. Or here

PS: You don't have to pin exactly to your house. I put my pin somewhere in the city where I live in. The purpose of the map is to get a general look at where our members are writing from, and give a sense of the world wide community we have here. Enjoy!

ummm... i tried it, it shows my location correctly (on maporama)

but when i copy-paste it, and check on the map with my pin, it shows thay i'm in longueuil :S and it's a diff. location hahaha so i just removed it

note : i'm sure i did it all right :P

lol, somehow my location ended up in the St. Lawrence River. Hopefully that's not some sort of sign that I'm going to be swimming with the fishies any time soon... but just incase I suddenly stop posting around here and there's something supernatural about this map... you'll know where to find me.

the longitude and latitude I used were not quite precise but I live about 5 Km north of the shown location.

I had fun adjusting and adjusting down to the 1000th and got pretty near to my back yard. I'm 'located' more in my behind the house neighbour's back yard but that's close enough for me.

Go :hlogo: Go!

I had fun adjusting and adjusting down to the 1000th and got pretty near to my back yard. I'm 'located' more in my behind the house neighbour's back yard but that's close enough for me.

how could you achieve such precision ?? maybe I did something wrong!

Same for me, hahaha!

They actually placed me right in what is actually... an arena! (right next to the Gaetan-Boucher rink)

Oddly enough, where I actually live is right in the middle of a parking lot, according to google map. They need to update that area.

I am in there. I have a GPS so that was a lot of help. If you get the coordinates from maporama then you will get pretty close. To get closer you have to play with the numbers. I.e. if it says -64.7...try -64.66 etc and keep looking to see if you are closer or farther away from your location.

Same for me, hahaha!

They actually placed me right in what is actually... an arena! (right next to the Gaetan-Boucher rink)

you live in st hubert ??

It placed me at an apartment complex lol. I don't live there thats down the street a ways.

Try adjusting the positioning by making 100th & 1000th shifts latitude & longitude-wise. I did and it got me pretty close.