Trading 101 (HW Article)

puck7x

90% of all Habs fans need to read this.

I can't tell you how many times I've just wanted to hit people in the head for posting such stupid trades.

No, but Gainey is about to pull the trigger on the Theodore for Belfour deal!

Yeah, right. Dream on Tarrana.

HI All:

I thought that the Trading 101 was an excellent article, well written and informative. However, I was surprised to read so many negative comments about Ron Hainsey.

We all would like to forget that salary is the over-riding consideration in most trades, but unfortunately that is the reality. It would be nice if Calgary were willing to take on the remainder of Yannic's contract and give the Habs a decent physical defenceman in return. That said, I see no reason for Gainey to trade Sundstrum unless he gets significant value in return ( he is playing extremely well defensively and chipping in timely goals)and Gautier and a pick just doesn't do it for me

IMHO if Perreault is traded it will be near the deadline to a serious cup contender for a mid-round pick or maybe a prospect.

Cheers,

P:hlogo:

I'm all for taking a risk with Perrault.

Trade him for a project power forward. Like Mikko Koivu or Fedor Fedorov. I know that coincidentally, they're both brothers of great players, and both teams who wouldn't be interested in Panic Yanic, but it's just a guidline. If we're gonna lose him anyways, let's try for a gamble. Face it, we're not gonna get a clear-cut budding power forward for Yanic alone. We may be able to use our strong scouting and pick up a gem that another team might be willing to get rid of.

Excellent article,but you know it won't deter those who

post ridiculous trade proposals,some just want to see

their name on posts and some just want to create a fuss.

IMO unless there's a major injury before the deadline I just don't see BG making any trades.