Media Power Rankings

huzer

Let's try and keep this thread going for the season, rather than a new one every week. I was just scouring the web, and found ESPN and TSN have updated their rankings. Habs are 10th and 11th respectively.

ESPN Power Rankings

TSN Power Rankings

CBS Sportsline Power Rankings

Fox Sports Power Rankings

Sports Illustrated Power Rankings

Feel free to add your own media source as well.

Edited by huzer

our average ranking comes out to 10, pretty good (in the whole NHL)

NHL- 10 (average)

East- 4.6 (average)

:clap:

On TSN's player ranking, Souray is ranked 6th this week behind Havlat, Manny Fernandez, Crosby, Caron and Shanahan. Doesn't that mean his market value is somewhat extremely high right now? Take notice Bob... take notice...

Yea Gainey...lets get rid of our best players...that's intelligent !

Yea Gainey...lets get rid of our best players...that's intelligent !

I wasn't suggesting any trade or that Gainey should be dumping our players. Souray will be UFA next summer with the possibility that we'll lose him for nothing even if we make him a substantial new offer...

I was only saying that Gainey should be aware of Souray's high value right now in case some opportunity of improving this team come

that said, i'm glad we have such a high ranked player. It's been a long long time...

cheers! :lol:

Boston's defensive play has not been good enough for a team with such questionable goaltending, but they have a pretty taltented group on the blueline, so maybe not what they are all healthy, the Bruins can tighten up.

I think TSN needs a new editor... :?-

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=549

• 2 weeks later...

one thing to look at this early in the season is the schedule strength. For the most part, division mates should have similar SoS. The only difference would be that the lower-ranked teams should have somewhat harder ones as, e.g., detroit gets to play the blues, but the blues have to play detroit.

Look at the Eastern Div:

Buffalo - 6

Toronto - 13

Montreal - 3

Ottawa - 1

Boston - 10

TO 13? Their SoS is most definitely going to go up as the season continues. This shows that their current record is somewhat illusory. They are picking up wins against lesser teams... this indicates that they are likely due to hit a snag later in the season.

one thing to look at this early in the season is the schedule strength. For the most part, division mates should have similar SoS. The only difference would be that the lower-ranked teams should have somewhat harder ones as, e.g., detroit gets to play the blues, but the blues have to play detroit.

Look at the Eastern Div:

Buffalo - 6

Toronto - 13

Montreal - 3

Ottawa - 1

Boston - 10

TO 13? Their SoS is most definitely going to go up as the season continues. This shows that their current record is somewhat illusory. They are picking up wins against lesser teams... this indicates that they are likely due to hit a snag later in the season.

what do you mean SoS?

I visit this website frequently for a less subjective power rankings list of how all NHL teams are really doing.

http://www.hockeyanalysis.com/?page_id=39

These rankings taken into consideration the strength of the schedule for each team for the period they've played. I believe that's fair because it does not reward teams that defeats 2 or 3 teams that are much weaker than they are, and also rewards weaker teams that upset their opponents with much better records. It also uses an adjusted winning percentage that considers a shootout a tie, and awards no points for overtime losses.

The current rankings as of November 21 have the Habs in 4th place overall, up from 7th, with and adjusted winning percentage of 0.605, a Schedule Strength rating of 0.522, and a Power Rank of 0.622, which is the teams' expected winning percentage if team played all .500 teams.

Let's try and keep this thread going for the season, rather than a new one every week. I was just scouring the web, and found ESPN and TSN have updated their rankings. Habs are 10th and 11th respectively.

ESPN Power Rankings

TSN Power Rankings

CBS Sportsline Power Rankings

Fox Sports Power Rankings

Sports Illustrated Power Rankings

Feel free to add your own media source as well.

and I imagine that there's more out there too. One has to be awfully single-minded, have no life or LOTS of time on their hands to keep up with it all.

To quote that singer from Minnesota, "It ain't me, babe".

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1