Streit and Sammy

Habsterr

Have to say Streit and Samsonov both looked great last night. Quick with the puck, smart and very effective. Sammy was even good along the boards and had quite a few scoring chances. Streit played with a ton of confidence that bodes well for the D long term.

Now we have to get Latty going. He sure loses the puck much too easily. I know he will only get better but I also hope he doesn't lose confidence along the way.

Lat's has also stolen the puck too. He is playing well defensively. The problem is he is taking double shifts.

It seems the majority of people only illustrate his deficits. We need an asset cheerleader for him. Kozed?

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I think he has been getting better each game. I'm sure what you mean by losing the puck easily, he seems very good with the puck and along the boards, the weakness i see in him is sometimes he doesn't know what to do with the puck so he dumps it, or just skates it to the corner. He is young and getting better, he'll start getting points soon.

Latendresse's fine. The fact that he loses the puck is just because he's not used yet to the NHL level where every move and pass must be hard and crisp. He'll get around. He knows it and works on it. He's already improved a lot in just 11 games. In his first few games he would'nt even dare to touch the puck for fear of making a mistake. Now he's just starting to get going, The more comfortable he'll get, the more dangerous.

Its by the end of the reg season that Latendresse's contribution will really mean something. And I'm pretty sure that by then he'll be making most of the fans forget all about his early season growing pains.

It seems the majority of people only illustrate his deficits. We need an asset cheerleader for him. Kozed?

Yeah, yeah... I know... the worse part is, I have nothing of a cheerleader... more like a Devil's advocate. So if you see me act like a cheerleader, its because there's loads of negativity around! :P

Patience is a key word. The kid is what, 19? Just give him time and he'll be fine. I have a good feeling about Latendresse. I have confidence in him.

Have to say Streit and Samsonov both looked great last night. Quick with the puck, smart and very effective. Sammy was even good along the boards and had quite a few scoring chances. Streit played with a ton of confidence that bodes well for the D long term.

Now we have to get Latty going. He sure loses the puck much too easily. I know he will only get better but I also hope he doesn't lose confidence along the way.

I'm not sure I agree with you on Streit's performance last night. He seemed overwhelmed by the Canes' forecheck, or maybe it's simply a consequence of playing with Niinimaa.

Latendresse is doing alright, for now you can see he's sticking to his comfort zone and playing physical which is good. His offensive game will adjust soon enough, right now when he gets the puck he usually tries a deke that doesn't work.

Young guys take time to develop. Joe Thornton had what, 19pts in his rookie season?

What irritates me about Latendresse is that he's staying out that long. He somehow remembers me about Ribeiro who also did that often ... heck, what's the point of staying on the ice for more than a minute, it doesn't really help the team if you aren't a Forsberg & Co.

Yeah, lats would do much better with short, high energy shifts. I am tired of seeing him dogging it at the end of shift, too tired to do much.

If he doesn't cut down on the shifts, he should be benched until he gets the message.

Somehow this thread has turned into a negative Latty post. If you look at the title it is about Streit and Samsonov and how well they are playing, especially last game. I was just mentioning it would be nice now for things to start clicking for Latty.

Let's keep things positive as the thread intended.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Habsterr

One thing you guys have to remember is he's 19 and coming from a team were he was expected to take long shifts because he was one of the best players on that team ... it's a habit that his body is used to ... i'm sure carbo has been working with him to shorten his shifts.

:hlogo:

Watching RDS the other night I missed his one shift where he hit the post. When I came back intot he room I thought he has scored as RDS showed the replay 3 times. 3 times they showed the puck hit the post!!! Is that necessary?

I can't wait till he does score so the province of Quebec can take a breath.

While he has looked better, I don't see him pushing for any time on the top lines, and unless he gets drastically better over the summer I see him playing in Hamilton next year, where unfortunatley he couldn't play this year. That would have been the best thing for him.