Game Thread | Oilers vs. Montreal | 11/07/06

Spider-Man NL

that friggin sux...I don't forsee the first line doing much. Ryder has been slow lately. Perhaps Saks will set Lats up for his first, but short of that, I don't expect much from them. This puts alot more pressure on the 'Sputnik Line' and 'Bonkers and Co.'. I think they will deliver tho! GHG!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sickens me to see lats up front...the guy is too slow right now to be able to do anything...i wish Kostisyn was called up instead

The guys been doing better and better with each game. I'll save my critisizm till after the game.

As for Higgys not playing, thats never good.

calm down guys!!

we just see tender on the first line during the PRACTICE today!! doesnt mean that he will get the spot on the first line at tomorrow's game!

even if he does get it and do nothing special... carbo will change his line...

*sigh***

The guys been doing better and better with each game. I'll save my critisizm till after the game.

As for Higgys not playing, thats never good.

he did well for two games....but against new jersey he had a slump...giving the puck away etc etc

This is a game I will love to have, and always looking forward to it every year. living in oil country is not easy. Talk about living in the past! that's all they talk about up here is the oilers of the 80s....

Lets go habs! win big so I have a enjoyable day at work on Wednesday.......

Lats on the first line??? I dont get it.....

GO HABS GO!!!!!! :hlogo:

sickens me to see lats up front...the guy is too slow right now to be able to do anything...i wish Kostisyn was called up instead

Kostisyn has only 1 goal in 9 games in the minors, so I don't think he would be too big of an upgrade from Lats right now. I think we need to start to realize that we are not quite so deep in the farm as we have thought for the last few years. Which would explain why our farm team sucks!!

Just my opinion... and there's plenty of them around here :) ...

but I think keeping Latendresse on the nhl team was a huge mistake... and now putting him on the 1st line? why? (try to get his 1st goal i spose...) haha.. the guy seems to have great training camps but he has 13 games played this year .... not a single point... and his -6 .. sure he can hit... sure he has energy with his youth... oh and he's hit a post.. wow... liability right now... I'd rather have Garth Murray playing full time... he can hit/skate and he's had better luck scoring every once in a while.

Edited by newf

I think Murray is minus 5. Not much better. I thought lats was fine playing with Bonk and Johnson. Give him time, it takes longer for power forwards to find there games, look at Bertuzzi, it took him several years to become a top player.