Vertigo

habsfan88

There's all this talk about how people want the old song back, and sure, I'd take it back just like the rest of them. When Vertigo first became the new goal song, I was furious, but after some time, I think it's grown on me...I don't mind it at all anymore, hell, I like it now!

I still miss the old song a hell of a lot, and I'd take it back over Vertigo...but if Vertigo is here to stay then we all might as well get used to it because I have a hard time believing that they are going to change a goal song during the season...has that ever happened before?

Anyways, what are your thoughts? Do you guys feel the same way I do about the new song now?

We have "Les Canadiens sont là", but it's not a goal song. I'd like if it was, though.

I like "When the Saints Go Marching In" in St. Louis... and I also liked when they played "Brass Bonanza" in Hartford. Team specific songs are so much better than generic U2 songs, IMO.

I hate U2 simple as that so... vertigo ... nope it never grown into me... I rather have some simple NHL music rather than an alternative rock that has nothing to do with hockey or sports at all !!! We definitely need a new music out there !

For a team as steeped in tradition as the Habs there should be a "team song"...similar to team songs/chants in European football. That type of song is what should be played after goals and sang by fans during games.

JMHO.

I still think every player should have their own song...

Like if Koivu scores, he gets a Finnish Folk song or something by some hot blonde finn..

make the players select a song and whenever they score play it....It doubles up as a confidence booster as well.

Like if Koivu scores, he gets a Finnish Folk song or something by some hot blonde finn..

make the players select a song and whenever they score play it....It doubles up as a confidence booster as well.

Agree 100%!! :D

They'd have to have 18 different songs cued up all of the time in case that player scored! Nah, a team song...not something that singles out a specific player, is what should be played. It is, after all, a team sport. I would enjoy if they played a less of a pop song.

With the Montreal Music scene huge right now wouldn't it be more approriate if they played something from a montreal band?

l'oreille is a montreal band.

what if the credit for the goal gets changed? B)

Edited by simonus