"Habs, Avs have equal place in Roy's heart"

shortcat1

Roy played for 10 1/2 years for the Canadiens & 7 1/2 years for the Avalanche and won 2 Stanley Cups with each team.

His comments comparing the two teams include the following ''I played for two solid organizations and won with both of them,'' he told reporters during an NHL conference call. ''They were both willing to do whatever it takes to win the Stanley Cup."

As an aside, I do believe that the Avalanche put a stronger team in front of him than did the Canadiens for the respective Stanley Cups but, that aside, he puts a positive light on both teams.

Regardless of all the press surrounding him lately, he certainly was a force in the league during his time there.

Here's the site of the article: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=183545&hubname=

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

An equal place in Roy's heart eh?

And that's how it should be. I just wish Roy didn't pull that statue of liberty move against Detroit...what year was that?

Thank you Roy

;_;

That team played better then 2001 and would've creamed Carolina.

Couple Roy related things:

1. Larry Robinson was asked yesterday if they should have traded Roy, or fired Tremblay.. he didn't even hesitate.. FIRE TREMBLAY.

2. Roy said yesterday that he does regret his comments in the heat of the moment and that he did not want to get traded.

3. Carbo inquired about him coming behind the bench with him this year, but he felt he had more to learn in the Juniors. I guess he never wants to end up as a "Tremblay'.

I am pretty sure that one day, Roy will be behind the Canadiens bench, and given his passion and willingness to take the time to learn, I think it will be great.

I saw that story on TSN, and the reporter commented that it might be Roy's destiny (???) to be the coach and the GM of the Canadiens some day.

I personally think it was a good decision on Patrick's part to stay in Quebec. It's one thing to coach a team in junior, but it's a whole different story coaching pros. Junior coaches have a lot more power and position than their professional colleagues. If you look at last year's Memorial Cup, and his comments before the final about the opoosition's goalie, there's no way that psyche job would have worked in the AHL or the NHL. He'll get better as a coach in the next few years in Quebec, and the Remparts players will learn a lot from him. There will be an assistant coaching spot available to him if he wants it, or maybe even an assistant GM job should he decide to go that route.

For Roy to say something like this it is a disgrace. It's an insult to the Canadiens history. I hope he doesn't aspire to come back in the organization. I'd see him more become the GM or coach of a NHL team in Quebec city. And that won't happen anytime soon.

For Roy to say something like this it is a disgrace. It's an insult to the Canadiens history. I hope he doesn't aspire to come back in the organization. I'd see him more become the GM or coach of a NHL team in Quebec city. And that won't happen anytime soon.

Not sure what you are referring to when you say "something like this", but it was Carbo who approached him, not the other way around.

If Roy keeps at coaching, he will do well. There is no denying his passion for the game. How many multi-millionaire former players do you see taking 10 bus rides around Quebec when they could have a position with an NHL team?

It's an insult to the Habs that he likes the Habs and Avs equally?

:huh:

Not sure what you are referring to when you say "something like this", but it was Carbo who approached him, not the other way around.

I'm referring to the quote in the title of this thread

It's an insult to the Habs that he likes the Habs and Avs equally?

:huh:

Yes it is.. he's not a true Habs, thus should not have his jersey retired with the Habs. When you retire a Habs jersey#, it's because the player was the heart and soul of the team for a while, and the team was the life of the player. That's what I think anyways. Other teams have surely less important criteria, but I think it was a joke and not classy to see the Avs retiring #77. Bourque played 99.9% of his career as a Bruins player and has no history with the Avs. Sorry about my rant.. going to bed now :wacko:

Yes it is.. he's not a true Habs, thus should not have his jersey retired with the Habs. When you retire a Habs jersey#, it's because the player was the heart and soul of the team for a while, and the team was the life of the player. That's what I think anyways. Other teams have surely less important criteria, but I think it was a joke and not classy to see the Avs retiring #77. Bourque played 99.9% of his career as a Bruins player and has no history with the Avs. Sorry about my rant.. going to bed now :wacko:

Thats...wow.

Was it a joke we retired Bourque's #? Yeah. But classless? Hell no And saying he has NO history with the Avs is stupid. Who did he win his cup with? Oh right..the Avs. But apparently winning Cups doesn't mean much.

Roy is not a true Habs? Roy was not the heart and soul of our team at one point ? and the team was not the life of this great goalie ? You got it all wrong on this. He is a true Habs the heart and soul of the team in the 93 Stanly cup run and yes the habs was his life and always will be!!!

This was one of the darkest moments in Montreal's history ( one of them , there were a few ) and most of us included Roy are still bitter and have a bad taste in our mouth every time this comes up.

It's way to soon to get Roy involved with habs. Time is the worlds best healer for pain and deep scares that most us habs fans are feeling about this issue.

He is doing the right thing by waiting for the right time to once again be a part of the Montreal Canadiens and at the same time working on hie coaching skills. Nothing but perfection for Patrick Roy.

When he says the habs and Avs are equal to him . It's a matter of respect for the Avs organization and there fans for the way he and his family was treated while he was there.

We will retire his jersey 33 one day and he will be a member once again with the greatest hockey team of all time MONTREAL CANADIENS!!!! :hlogo:

Roy is not a true Habs? Roy was not the heart and soul of our team at one point ? and the team was not the life of this great goalie ? You got it all wrong on this. He is a true Habs the heart and soul of the team in the 93 Stanly cup run and yes the habs was his life and always will be!!!

This was one of the darkest moments in Montreal's history ( one of them , there were a few ) and most of us included Roy are still bitter and have a bad taste in our mouth every time this comes up.

It's way to soon to get Roy involved with habs. Time is the worlds best healer for pain and deep scares that most us habs fans are feeling about this issue.

He is doing the right thing by waiting for the right time to once again be a part of the Montreal Canadiens and at the same time working on hie coaching skills. Nothing but perfection for Patrick Roy.

When he says the habs and Avs are equal to him . It's a matter of respect for the Avs organization and there fans for the way he and his family was treated while he was there.

We will retire his jersey 33 one day and he will be a member once again with the greatest hockey team of all time MONTREAL CANADIENS!!!! :hlogo:

Totally agree... Roy is always a habs in him ... take in mind winning the cup for the AV's when he got traded that year was a form to revenge he wanted to take on the habs. He just wanted to pay respect to the team who treated him well the AV's... Indeed I blame Tremblay for that incident trade ... you never let a goalie out there for 11 goals... are you trying to humilate Roy? gggrrr we will definitely see Roy one day back with the habs... who would have thought Carbo and Muller back with us? So happy they did.. and Roy if too will be awesome! Bring us back the 93's crew behind the bench =]

Trembly was a f..k he was truly arrogant and an ass. He should have been fired and should never be allowed to to watch another habs game he not only humiliated Roy that evening he humiliated the habs organization. If I ever saw him on the streets of Montreal I'd spit on him.

And the Av's retiring #77 is a joke there is only one team to retire that man's jersey and it'd the B's he truly bleed black and gold and they gave him the opportunity to win the cup by trading him.

Simma' down naw...

Noticed how Roy always comments on the Habs all the time? Its clear Montreal is #1 in his mind and heart. He didnt say so because nothing's forcing him and he has nothing to win neither.

Trembly was a f..k he was truly arrogant and an ass. He should have been fired and should never be allowed to to watch another habs game he not only humiliated Roy that evening he humiliated the habs organization. If I ever saw him on the streets of Montreal I'd spit on him.

Tremblay would kick your ass if you'd spit on him. He wasn't fit to be a coach, but he got no help from Houle and Co. neither. He coached the way he had been coached by Bowman when he was a player, and Bowman couldn't care less about humilating players. Obviously 70's stuff didnt work in the 90's anymore.