Game Thread | Montreal vs. Ottawa | 11/13/06

Spider-Man NL

how important is drafting:

komisarek played great tonight.

pleks did what he had to do

koivu and latendresse: no comments !!

even kostitsyn played good given it was his 1st game of the year.

thank you to gerber for his theodore-like performance !!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 goals by Bonk's line, 2 more from the Koivu's line... now if only Kovalev's line could score when there's a goalie, it'd be great.

they had their chances. I thought kostitsyn looked good with them.

Games like that make me really, really excited for the future.

Latendresse: 2 goals.

Komisarek, 1 goal, +4

Perezhogin: 1 assist, +2

Plekanec: 1 assist, +2

Bob Gainey is building this team right, my friends.

Well, I just drove home in crappy crappy weather after seeing the game in Kanata... totally worth it...

Highlights:

Komi outplaying all the defensemen, although Rivet was no slouch, and getting a shorty... Higgins had better heal quick, Komi's gonna take the lead :P

The ScotiaBank Place chanting "guy guy guy"

Koivu almost dropping the gloves

The Habs fans highjacking the "Go Sens Go" chant with "Go Habs Go"

The 'Sens Army' clearing out in 5 seconds flat after Johnson's goal.

Alfie getting booed upon receiving the 3rd star (ok, this wasn't cool)

Lowlights:

Niinimaa: Just when i was thinking he hadn't effed up in a while, he takes a double minor. And man, were some of his passes off...

The crazy Habs fan in my section who kept threatening the refs, and chanting "Heatley is a murderer" Totally not cool.

Being 1/5 habs fans in my section.... Boy, did I get some dirty looks.

All in all... great experience!

Oh, and Zhogs looked great back on the 3rd line.

Games like that make me really, really excited for the future.

Latendresse: 2 goals.

Komisarek, 1 goal, +4

Perezhogin: 1 assist, +2

Plekanec: 1 assist, +2

Bob Gainey is building this team right, my friends.

Ugh? Except for Lats, the other 3 were already drafted when Gainey came in. But I get your point, and yes the future looks bright. The drafts under Savard & Gainey are starting to pay off. We've already got 5 regs drafted since 2001, and more coming up. Such a change from the aweful stretch of 85 to 95.

Being 1/5 habs fans in my section.... Boy, did I get some dirty looks.

All in all... great experience!

Oh, and Zhogs looked great back on the 3rd line.

Too bad there were tons of habs fans tonight my section 116 was not that good either for habs fans but there were a few around to give high 5's to.

I forgot to mention it, but when Gui came out for the 2nd star, he gave his stick to some young habs fans.... what a guy... :D

Cristobal Huet gave out a stick as well.

Amazing game to be out Habs fans outnumbered Sens fans or it was real close and Habs fans are wayyyyyy louder.

My record attending games this year remains good 5-0-3 still not regulation loses.

Too bad there were tons of habs fans tonight my section 116 was not that good either for habs fans but there were a few around to give high 5's to.

Amazing game to be out Habs fans outnumbered Sens fans or it was real close and Habs fans are wayyyyyy louder.

My record attending games this year remains good 5-0-3 still not regulation loses.

Which games have you been to?

My life-time record for attending NHL games is 1-1-0. Watched Vancouver crush Calgary back in their heyday during the mid-90s and then Tampa Bay kick the crap out of Anaheim seven years ago. Go me! :P

Yea i thought along the path as alot of other posters. The Habs once again didn't show up in the first. Huet kept them in it until midway throught the second. The Habs really played well until 10 minutes left in the game. Then as tradition would have it they tried to give away the game and take 8 penalty minutes in the last 10 minutes. Overall 2 valuable points for a team who really only played well for 20 minutes but i'll take the win.

Good news:

3rd line excellent once again

Komi and Lats played well

The PP actaully scored

They played physical for a while last night

2 points and another win

Bad news:

Too many penalties. I work on a behavioral and psych unti and my clients learn faster then the Habs.

First period again dominated. Maybe they should move the clocks ahead an hour

2nd line missing in action again. Maybe the empty netter will help Kovy

I defended Niinimaa for a while but that was a stupid penalty, what was he thinking. Dandy and the cube need to come back quickly.

The passing for most of the game was terrible. Is the "ice" and chase a defense i'm not familiar with?

Lets hope they can play 40 minutes of good hockey Wed. I don't want to get greedy and ask for 60.

Too many penalties. I work on a behavioral and psych unti and my clients learn faster then the Habs.

Haha... I've been thinking about writing programs for the Habs too!