The Politics Thread

Pierre the Great

WOW

DION to first

Kennedy delivers

Dion is the Liberal Leader

Iggy is going back to Harvard

Hold the phone on that Pierre. It might not be over. Delegates might bail. CBC has reports that Iggy is getting a boost right now.

Congrat's on your Canadian citizenship. You can add Canadien to that too. After all, Trudeau is Canadien.

Sgro went Iggy. Hmmmm

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Dion will win 60-40, it wont even be close

waiting.........waiting..........

I don't think Iggy's vote total is going to change much he'll still be around 1,400 maybe 1,500.

It wouldn't shock me if Dion got over 3,000.

Big Question is, is Rae going to run for a seat and is Iggy going back to Harvard as he has said he might.

Kennedy is running of course his profile has gone through the roof now.

I hope Iggy stays

Rae runs

Kennedy runs

It would be good for the party and good for the country running on this 'coming together theme'

Gosh, I don't get the complaining of western canada saying they are tired of Quebec. I don't care where the person is from as long as he or she cares about the country.

You don't see this in this country. Is there ever going to be a President from the West Coast? No. Nixon and Reagan will always be the last ones from California. And did you notice anything both were republicans. A democrat from the West Coast will never ever win.

US presidents come from the South. Bush (via Connecticut), Clinton, Bush (via Connecticut), Reagan (ran on his midwest roots with hollywood appeal), Carter Georgia, Johnson (Texas).

The U.S. has come to the realization that its leaders will come from the South or midwest. Why can't Western Canada get it.

When I get to Vancouver I could care less if the PM was from Quebec or Ontario. As long as he or she runs the country well thats all you can ask for.

This whole Upper and lower Canada is thing that Alberta and the west brings up is stupid.

Funny, the NDP grew out of Saskatchewan lol.

To me Canada is Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal but thats me I'm a city person who likes and loves culture. Those three cities have drawn me to Canada.

Be proud, Canada. Be proud.

Gosh, I don't get the complaining of western canada saying they are tired of Quebec. I don't care where the person is from as long as he or she cares about the country.

You don't see this in this country. Is there ever going to be a President from the West Coast? No. Nixon and Reagan will always be the last ones from California. And did you notice anything both were republicans. A democrat from the West Coast will never ever win.

US presidents come from the South. Bush (via Connecticut), Clinton, Bush (via Connecticut), Reagan (ran on his midwest roots with hollywood appeal), Carter Georgia, Johnson (Texas).

The U.S. has come to the realization that its leaders will come from the South or midwest. Why can't Western Canada get it.

When I get to Vancouver I could care less if the PM was from Quebec or Ontario. As long as he or she runs the country well thats all you can ask for.

This whole Upper and lower Canada is thing that Alberta and the west brings up is stupid.

Funny, the NDP grew out of Saskatchewan lol.

To me Canada is Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal but thats me I'm a city person who likes and loves culture. Those three cities have drawn me to Canada.

Be proud, Canada. Be proud.

This has much to do with Trudeau and the National Energy Program. Also Mulroney favoured Quebec on the lucritive F-18 project decision.

Quebec born PM's. Albertan's don't really realize (by and large) that Ontario voters are not going to have a worry whether or not a politician is from Quebec.

In order to win a majority in Canada you need both Ontario and Quebec strength. It's just logical to have a PQ born leader.

Here we go...

this is getting exciting.

Yeah Exactly what I thought.

As long as Ontario and Quebec remain where the people are thats where the politicians are going to be from.

Although BC and Alberta are growing they've already surpassed Quebec in population though. Would like to see where the centre of the Canadian population is. Here its in southern Missouri. 150 million people live to west of the dot and 150 million people live to the east of it.

That picture would be funnier if Dion and Martin actually liked each other. Dont forget that at first, Martin gave no ministries at all to Dion.