The Politics Thread

Pierre the Great

again: dumb expat question -- who is the most anti-bush, left-leaning, pro-eco/pot/ type guy still in the running? I have no idea who these people are, except for Rae wasn't he the NDP guy in Ontario???

Rae or Dion.

Iggy was for the war in Iraq.

Thanks -- so the leading candidate supported the Iraqi war, does that mean he would have sent Cdn troops?

Most likely yes. He and Harper supported the war. Iggy though now says he was for it because of the kurds in the north. Whatever.

Iggy is seen as the right of centre liberal

Dion is the centre liberal

Rae is the left of centre liberal

gosh I think I need to major in Canadian studies lol. Such a fascinating country.

Most likely yes. He and Harper supported the war. Iggy though now says he was for it because of the kurds in the north. Whatever.

I have to remind everyone that Paul Martin was a supporter too. Another rift with Jean again.

Don't believe me? Google it and see

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

k thanks didn't know there was a liberal leadership convention on guess it all wraps up in the next few hours then, will check in tomorrow --

I send my delegates to Dion B)

("centre"? jeez PTG now you're using Canadian spellings -- somebody put the passport in the mail for this guy...)

From an outsiders point of view it seems that Paul Martin's legacy will be a really nice guy everyone likes (friend material) but not the greatest politician. Thats my view anyway.

He was probably politicking because the stance didn't make sense. Mind you, neither did proposing to remove section 33 from the Charter in the last election. That was dumb.

He might have figured the public may have wanted the war. Maybe he just hated Chretien so much he opposed him over everything in the universe.

yeah thats the funny thing about Dion. He's got no rifts in the party which is hard to believe. Rae has the whole NDP days. Iggy has that Iraq thing and other issues. What are the negatives about Dion? He's the anti politician. To me he's the Liberal's Harper as in no flash but all substance. For example I know where Dion is on things. Rae I don't know about much and Iggy keeps contradicting himself. Dion. Now thats the kind of politician I would want. I trust a Dion. But then again as I said before I don't have a voice in Canada...yet.

("centre"? jeez PTG now you're using Canadian spellings -- somebody put the passport in the mail for this guy...)

LOL

yeah on my term papers for english I've been writing centre, favour, nieghbourhood, colour, programme, realise, cheques, lol.

My microsoft word document dictionary is set to Canadian English.

although realise is british and not canadian english. monies thats another one.

I love the word queue.

LOL

yeah on my term papers for english I've been writing centre, favour, nieghbourhood, colour, programme, realise, cheques, lol.

Use them all in a sentence and I think you get citizenship

anyway sayonara Paul Martin, hope Dion or Rae put Harper to pasture soon